RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First service showing already!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

m13lky

United Kingdom 
First service showing already!

My Hse dynamic has only done 4500 miles approx and is only just over 6 months old but the first service warning has came up on the dash in 1900 miles, don't get me wrong it will probably be around June when it's done the additional mileage but the warning seems awful early, it's got a 5 year service plan so it's not going to cost anything but has anyone else had theirs warn them as quick or should I be getting this checked out at the dealership?

Cheers

Malc

Post #521435 Mon Mar 20 2017 5:45pm
wilf

Worth getting it checked, could be a rising oil level?

Mine did a similar thing, they just said the service indicator hadn't been reset properly at PDI. But don't just ignore yours in case it is sensing something that needs attention. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #521448 Mon Mar 20 2017 6:29pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Now funny enough my Land Rover Remote App on my phone has been saying service due after I done about 6000 miles and the car is 9 months old, but there is no "Service" warning on the dash of the car. Notified dealership and they told me not to worry Question Thumbs Up Question Thumbs Up Whistle Whistle

Post #521453 Mon Mar 20 2017 7:11pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Car is now showing service is due, booked in online with local dealer for next week & will call them tomorrow about my concerns as the car is only just over 7 months old with less than 5000 miles on it?

Post #523109 Fri Apr 07 2017 11:04pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

InControl Remote on mine shows service due and low washer fluid, neither of which is true. 

Post #523111 Fri Apr 07 2017 11:21pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Phil, mine has been both showing in the car & on the app, no other warnings or lights & the oil level is still ok so who knows? Will discuss with service in the next hour.

Post #523119 Sat Apr 08 2017 7:59am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Service indicator on mine shows exactly 40 days from the date of registration, both on In-Control and on the dashboard. Did it in the first year, and has just started showing again.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #523132 Sat Apr 08 2017 3:30pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Update, Had the car checked today at local dealer, turns out as it was a showroom stock car the pdi which was done in late June triggered the service timer even though it was not registered until 1st September, they say as we do mainly short journeys the sensors have picked this up and brought the service forward, it's been serviced now under the 5 year plan so hopefully that's it until next April at the earliest.

Malc

Post #523570 Thu Apr 13 2017 7:48pm
Revoke

United Kingdom 

Any premature Service Required message on the 3.0 litre diesel is possibly being caused by excessive diesel dilution of the engine oil. There is a Service Compliance Notification dealing with the issue, JLRP00100.pdf, which can be downloaded from here-

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtop...;start=210

There is a lot of genuine ignorance about this in the dealer service community so knowing your facts before you speak to them is highly recommended.

Last edited by Revoke on Sun Sep 03 2017 12:51pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #534432 Sun Sep 03 2017 10:20am
kmpowell

For those of you getting a warning on the App, but not in the car, please read my thread here and more importantly my update in post number 6 that says about the N0101 update...

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic47852.html SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #534435 Sun Sep 03 2017 10:23am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

From Jaguar LR about important not to miss this.
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/downloa...a20f1ee072 John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534454 Sun Sep 03 2017 2:16pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Reading the LR leaflet, it appears that driving style / duration is a big factor in this. Presumably short journeys and low mileage are big issues. Long journeys should be a good thing as it will prevent the DPF regen cycling that appears to be the root cause. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #534460 Sun Sep 03 2017 3:25pm
Revoke

United Kingdom 

Short journeys are definitely bad news but long journeys are not enough on their own so active dpf regeneration is always needed to keep the dpf clean. Thats what allows fuel into the oil and when it reaches 6.1% the car asks to be taken for a service ahead of the expected mileage. N025 lets the dealer reset the diesel counter without upsetting the date / mileage counters.

Post #534491 Sun Sep 03 2017 11:49pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Important. If your car was registered after a certain date as in my notice link, and you ignore the early service warning or oil warning and your engine seizes up or fails, then this is down to you not JLR, Censored Whistle so don't ignore the warning messages get it done, if it seems early it's generally down to journey length and your driving style. If not read yet, read now.
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/downloa...a20f1ee072 John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534492 Mon Sep 04 2017 12:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1