RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First service...when?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, all online now. Paper service portfolios are no longer issued.

1. Go to https://osh.landrover.com/login
2. Apply for Online Service History key code
3. When you receive the OSH key code, use it to register on the same website
4. Use your created login details to view ownership info and service history from then on Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502888 Mon Aug 15 2016 1:14pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks fkarim, Thumbs Up

I have just applied for the key code, waiting for response from Landrover. Smile Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #502890 Mon Aug 15 2016 1:47pm
Revoke

United Kingdom 

Thee are 3 more threads asking about early service messages. There is a known issue on the 3.0 litre diesel where DPF regeneration activity can cause premature diesel dilution of 6% or more. It shouldn't be ignored because in some cases it will cause engine failure. The SCN that describes how the company is dealing with this is JLRP00100, link is on the other threads.

Post #534439 Sun Sep 03 2017 9:39am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

SCN Link stated above is......
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/downloa...a20f1ee072 John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534478 Sun Sep 03 2017 5:58pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I booked my 2nd service (16MY car) a couple of months ago for next Monday. For the last few weeks I have been getting info message "Service required in x miles" where 'x' decreased with time but not in line with the number of miles driven (same as last year). Since the last 2-3 days the message has changed to "Service required", which implies 'now' rather than within a few days/miles.

After reading the above posts I phoned my local dealer asking if they could bring the service forward instead of doing it in a week's time. They said 'no' and asked me to contact LR Assist. LRA said this isn't something they could deal with on the roadside/driveway and said that unless there is a warning/fault light to go with this message, they just refer the customer to dealership and weren't sure why the dealer sent me to LRA. I mentioned N025 to her and asked whether it was safe to drive the car for another week. She put me on hold to check with a technician and came back to tell me it was fine to drive as long as there were no warning lights (there aren't any).

I'm hoping I will be fine... Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #534500 Mon Sep 04 2017 10:07am
wilf

Exactly the situation I had. Booked the car in when it was showing 1500 miles until service, then the "miles to service" plummeted before the booked date and it went to "service now" about a week before the booked date. Called the Dealer and was told not to worry.

Car had the relevant service actions mentioned above done during the service. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #534544 Mon Sep 04 2017 7:46pm
cormacr

Ireland 
Early Service Required

I bought a MY17 RRS 3.0L diesel 9 months ago, it displayed a service required message at around 12,000 kms (8,000 miles). Thanks to the good folks on this forum I was able to contact the dealership fully informed about the issue. I initially got the "doesn't apply to your car" line from the service manager - I then emailed him the SCN JLR00100 and they agreed to do the oil/filter change under warranty. They reset the service due and I checked that it was reading next service due in 26,000 kms (16,000 miles). Since then the service due number is dropping at 3 times the rate that I am adding miles to the car! I live in a rural area and drive 20 miles to work each way so the car never does short trips.
At this rate I expect the next service due message before 13,000 miles! The car will still be due it's first full service at 16,000 miles, so I could end up having this car undergo three services in its first year - this is a real pain for a car that according to the manual only needs a service every 12 months/16,000 miles.
I understand that the issue is caused by excessive oil dilution which results from regeneration of the diesel particulate filter, is anyone aware of a permanent fix for this - are Land Rover working on something to address the issue? I'm not getting much information from the dealer - I seem to better informed than they are thanks to this forum!

Post #539958 Thu Nov 02 2017 8:11am
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

My RRS has just started saying "service due in _ _ _ " no miles showing?? surely it should be showing mies due?? GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #550619 Tue Mar 06 2018 2:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Revoke wrote:
Thee are 3 more threads asking about early service messages. There is a known issue on the 3.0 litre diesel where DPF regeneration activity can cause premature diesel dilution of 6% or more. It shouldn't be ignored because in some cases it will cause engine failure. The SCN that describes how the company is dealing with this is JLRP00100, link is on the other threads.

That if the crankshaft last's that long Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White