RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Returned to JLR after less than a month
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>

Nod1

United Kingdom 

Hi to one and all

Thought I would give you a brief update.

Words fail me for the way JLR have dealt with this matter. What started off as being a dream of a car, has turned into a nightmare.
I think we are finally getting there though, and I am going to receive an 18 model as and when they become available. They mentioned March next year Big Cry
This all came about after I arranged for my brother to visit the garage in Scotland. They were excellent and gave him a full rundown of the repairs and allowed him to photograph the car. To say that I was appalled at the sight of the pictures is an understatement. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Made me feel very angry !!! I would put copies on here but not sure if I should…
So for them to begin by denying any damage, to the state my car was in as of yesterday…….

I have to say that part of me wants to send the whole package to Trading Standards !!!

All I can say, is I am so glad I had mine detailed……. Otherwise, I probably would not have noticed the damage done and hidden by repair !!!!!

Nigel RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #534264 Fri Sep 01 2017 12:30pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

'Publish and be damned', as the saying goes!

Post #534266 Fri Sep 01 2017 12:46pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hi Nigel, thanks for the update. Thumbs Up
Are you saying the car was quite badly damaged?
Great news for you though if they give you the new SVR, 575bhp i hear . Nuisance you have to wait but they are not even released yet so March would be about right plus time flies.

Best Regards Paul. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534269 Fri Sep 01 2017 12:57pm
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Sent you a PM RRS SVR 2018

Previous
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #534270 Fri Sep 01 2017 1:15pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534277 Fri Sep 01 2017 2:17pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I feel your pain and sympathise
I too went through similar but more the main dealer was c**p until JLRCS got involved then dealer backed down. I have returned the car and had a refund and re ordered a MY18 for delivery March. Just waiting to see if JLR are going to provide a pool car until new one arrives

Post #534278 Fri Sep 01 2017 2:35pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Glad you got it resolved 360, good news. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534279 Fri Sep 01 2017 2:59pm

Yes am glad it's all done
A real pity it has been a battle to get where we are. JLR need to up their game and sort their dealers out. These are expensive chunks of metal and they need to raise their game to meet customers expectations, there is a lot of choice out there
Perhaps they should slow their model expansion and concentrate on putting their house in order before moving forward, getting a bad reputation is easy, losing it is very hard

Post #534294 Fri Sep 01 2017 5:32pm
Nod1

United Kingdom 

360 - I agree whole heartedly. JLR and their Exec Office really are quite useless. Its almost as though they have been told to delay as long as possible.
My dealership have really been quite wonderful, a little slow but they have been pushing the right buttons and I think we are getting there.
Loan car has been promised but I won't my breath until it is on my driveway.

Like you said Reputations lost are so hard to regain... RRS SVR 2018

Previous
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #534296 Fri Sep 01 2017 6:00pm
wilf

I hate to say this, but the poor behaviour of some Jaguar Dealers is entirely typical of the industry as a whole. I doubt there is a single (mass market) marque available that doesn't have similar black marks (sorry) against them somewhere. Go on any BMW/Merc/Audi etc. forum and you will see similar stories.

How your dealer behaves when a real problem arises seems to be, I am afraid, the luck of the draw. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #534307 Fri Sep 01 2017 7:20pm

Back in the eighties I was involved in the construction of a Mercedes dealership back when Mercedes stood for a prestigious aspirational brand. Mercedes controlled everything about their franchised dealerships from the tiles on the floor to the coffee sereved to customers. If a dealership got bad reports from customers they would send someone from the factory to investigate and if bad reports continued they would withdraw the franchise.
Bean counters took over the running of Mercedes the volume went up as did the profits but the quality and aspirational value has gone down.
When I was talking to the dealer principal at the time the same dealer group was opening its first Lexus dealership down the road, he said if you want value for money buy a Lexus, if you want a prestigious quality product buy a Mercedes. Take a look at the JD Power survey and Lexus beats most brands hands down on both his points now. Why can't a customer expect good service when spending his money Lexus seem to consistently achieve it.

Post #534315 Fri Sep 01 2017 8:15pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I've had Mercedes for the last twenty years, and always had excellent service (and excellent cars). Having said that, I've also been happy with my LR dealer. My biggest concern with both is just how much largesse they dish out, 'cos owners are paying for it somewhere, but they do make you feel pampered. (I certainly wish they didn't spend so much on 'events', though, as that is a huge waste of money).

Post #534319 Fri Sep 01 2017 9:34pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

360 wrote:
Take a look at the JD Power survey and Lexus beats most brands hands down on both his points now. Why can't a customer expect good service when spending his money Lexus seem to consistently achieve it.

2016 market share: Lexus - 0.52%, Land Rover - 2.97%, Mercedes - 6.35%
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industr...car-market

Lexus don't have the sheer numbers being sold so maybe they try harder? Perhaps it's just a better company culture. Perhaps it's because some makes are popular and so sell themselves and the dealers just get lazy. I don't know.

As for your last point - I agree. If someone is spending mortgage-sized lumps of money on a car, the dealer and the manufacturer should treat them accordingly. Having said that, house building companies can be pretty poor at customer service and they are charging several times the cost of a car. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #534342 Sat Sep 02 2017 8:59am
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Hi

Apologies for the delay in providing an update, but been working away.

After many heated exchanges with JLR and the dealer, I have managed to get a result 😄

I think I mentioned earlier that they were going to let me have a new vehicle at no extra cost, plus some additional discount 😀😀
This has now been conformed in writing by JLR and the order was placed. If they are telling me the truth, they will start the build on 12th December and the suggested handover date is 19/20th January. I think that may be a little ambitious as we have Christmas in between…
I do have a query, which I am hoping you may be able to shed some light.
When I requested that my car should not have any badges on the rear tailgate apart from the land Rover letters across, the dealer is saying that this will be requested at handover !! When I got my last car, I requested the same and was not a problem and when I picked car u there were no badges. Dealer excuse is that it would be difficult to get the £9.50ph guy to omit from putting them on.
The dealer is also saying that the accessories ie Deployable Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Tread Plates are all dealt with by dealer.
Why is it that my original car had everything on when I collected it from Solihull ???
Can anyone comment on this please?

notice from some of the other posts that there seems to be delays in delivery dates. I spoke with my dealer last week and he seems confident that mine should be ready to collect from factory at the end of January. Having said that I would rather it be later as it would come with the 18 reg. RRS SVR 2018

Previous
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #542910 Fri Dec 08 2017 12:36pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hi Nod good to see you back on here again. Really pleased you are sorted and getting an early car, you deserve it.

No idea about the items you mention but they are dealer fit , cant see why they cant be fitted as they where on your last one though at Solihull. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #542912 Fri Dec 08 2017 12:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>