RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Other Site Sponsors > GAP Diagnostic Announcement-2016-07-25-Apple App & More
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

PatGapInnov

Canada 

I would assume you are referring to the Navigation Maps? These cannot be updated with a diagnostic tool since they are housed on the Map DVD for 2005-2009 and on the Hard Drive for 2010+ vehicles.

The engine can however be remapped using an IIDTool when purchasing a BAS (Bell Auto Service) tune. http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Post #534213 Thu Aug 31 2017 7:28pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

For updating maps to your HDD you require to purchase from LR or direct from the Map suppliers. This is supplied by USB stick and you load it yourself, it takes between 2-3.5 hours normally. The cost isn't cheap, from memory think it is £189.00
If CD maps these are no longer being updated but copies are available, not genuine, through sellers on Ebay.
Hope this helps you.

The IID BT Tool this thread is about is for Diagnostics, adjustments, Tuning* and Code reading and clearing. An excellent bit of kit which has served me very well.

EDIT; I see we both wrote our posts at same time, sorry for duplication, I supplied a few other bits of info to help. Thumbs Up Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Fri Sep 01 2017 10:33pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #534214 Thu Aug 31 2017 7:30pm
rich_sargie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

PatGapInnov wrote:
I would assume you are referring to the Navigation Maps? These cannot be updated with a diagnostic tool since they are housed on the Map DVD for 2005-2009 and on the Hard Drive for 2010+ vehicles.

The engine can however be remapped using an IIDTool when purchasing a BAS (Bell Auto Service) tune.

Yes, I was wanting the maps updating on the hard drive.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers

Post #534244 Fri Sep 01 2017 7:03am
SRE

Spain 

Well that's my weekend taken care of Whistle Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #534281 Fri Sep 01 2017 3:41pm
Wilson

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

PatGapInnov wrote:
Start with the low risk ones to get the feel of things. The BCM is the riskiest and prevention is key. Follow the suggestions and you will be just fine.

Had a good read and bit the bullet, I completed the clock in dash and also the Bluetooth flash successfully, both a lot easier than expected, I had my M3 running and hooked up to the battery just in case!
Thanks for the push Thumbs Up

Post #534697 Wed Sep 06 2017 10:07pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Really silly question Pat but can you use the IID tool to set the time on the dash clock?

Some people (like me!) remove the OE stereo and replace it, meaning the ability to set the dash clock goes. Its not a biggy and I guess I could reset the battery at midnight/day but a bit annoying.

Thanks!

Post #534712 Thu Sep 07 2017 8:32am
Wilson

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good evening all Very Happy
I gave my SC 06 a major service at the weekend and realised I've never actually seen a service indicator!! Now I'm told I need the iid to reset the apparent service indicator, but after reading the manual and having a search online I can find nothing about it! Can anyone point me in the right direction to, firstly enable a service indicator (if you can) and secondly, reset it?
Thank you
Marc

Post #536397 Mon Sep 25 2017 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12