RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Previous RR Sport owner, returning to the fold - Advice pls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Sp13l

England 
Previous RR Sport owner, returning to the fold - Advice pls

Hi everyone. New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and give you a bit of background.....

So, after approx 5 years of being without a RRS, I am returning to the fold. I had a 2009 RRS HSE 3.0 2008 and sold it on in 2012 following receipt of a BMW 5 series company car. Various flirtations with other brands as a second car such as a E Class Merc conv, RR Evoque, mini cooper and a BMW 640 Coupe following change from company car to allowance.

640 Coupe was a bit of a mid-life crisis purchase (always loved the old 635CSI of the 70/80's.)

What I didn't think about in having 2 x 2-door cars (640 & Mini) was that 1. my teenage boys couldn't fit in either, 2. I brought my parents to the airport and neither could get out of the 640d and 3, the better half has just bought a puppy!

So, started looking for something more practical and was drawn back to the RRS or a BMW X5. Major dillema ensued...

640 was in negative equity (2 years into 4 year PCP). Anyhow, managed to get a quote on both. Both coming in around the same monthly PCP and both dealers swallowing the neg equity. However, the X5 on offer was a X5 M50D (fast dieseland near top of range) or (my prefered option~)RRS HSE 3.0 TDI with a few bits such as 21 inch diamond wheels, pan roof, colour coded body and heated steeringwheel. MY17. Got free service pack and a few other'insurances' thrown in.

The dealer has 'in stock/in build' 2 Karpathian (sic) grey. Differences are one has 21 inch diamond wheels and heated sterring wheel and ivory leather. The 2nd has black leather and 20 inch standard wheels. The difference is £40 p.m. and I am debating if the wheels and heater are worth the £30 extra. Also, Ivory or black interior with this body colour - thoughts?

Both can be delivered end of Sept

Sorry it is a bit long winded and thanks in advance for your replies

Post #534119 Wed Aug 30 2017 6:38pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Heated steering wheel every time Thumbs Up

Post #534121 Wed Aug 30 2017 6:59pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Getting the negative equity "absorbed" is a good result for you, re your two other points.

Heated steering wheel is nice and useful, but having a FBH to warm up the car interior, means not required.

I much prefer the ride of the 20" wheels, the 21" and 22" both give far to hard ride for both my wife and most passengers, this can be improved further by just altering tyre profile to 45 on 20" wheels instead of 40s. Some members prefer 19" wheels with 55 profile, step tofar for me yet. Whistle

Best of luck with whatever final choice you choose, you won't be disappointed. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534128 Wed Aug 30 2017 7:57pm
Sp13l

England 

Thank you John. Interesting point on the wheels. On the configurator i prefer the look of the 21 much more but need to see them in the fleash to compare.
Any thoughts on the colour combinations?

Post #534130 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:06pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Carpathian with ivory would look great in my opinion (I have Waitomo grey with ivory - see pic.).

As for wheels, I know it's subjective but I've got 22" wheels and the ride is great. ('Tim from Scotland' also has 22" and has the experience of loads of different Range Rovers, and is quite happy with the ride.

Click image to enlarge

Post #534135 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:21pm
Sp13l

England 

Thanks for the opinion on the wheels and having seenyour pic on the ivory i am liking it. Interestingly, when i configured the ivory it had a yellow tinge to it i thought but your pic shows very white which i like.
Im at the showroom tomorrow to view borh the keathwr options and the wheeks and see how i feel about them in the flesh.
Very Happy Then take the plunge and order.

Post #534137 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:36pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive also got 22's on mine & with them being 295/40 the ride seems the same as the 275/45r21's I took off which are now on my vw amarok.The ride in the RRS2 with 22's is a lot better than on the RRS1 as they were 35 profile.plus with the 2 being lighter it makes it a better ride.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #534138 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:37pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Sp13l wrote:
Thanks for the opinion on the wheels and having seenyour pic on the ivory i am liking it. Interestingly, when i configured the ivory it had a yellow tinge to it i thought but your pic shows very white which i like.
Im at the showroom tomorrow to view borh the keathwr options and the wheeks and see how i feel about them in the flesh.

To be fair, being ivory, in reality it is towards cream rather than the white it looks in the photo - but it looks great.

Post #534139 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:46pm
Sp13l

England 

One other thing i forgot to mention. On the grey i am looking at one has colour coded bumpers sides etc. One doesn't have although the dealer has contacted bodyshop and can colour code the one without and add to the cost of course. Any opinion on whether the colour coding is worth it against rhis colour as when i configured it i coulxnt see any real difference. Any thoughts?

Post #534140 Wed Aug 30 2017 8:56pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

If it's a dark colour you won't notice much.Save your money.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #534141 Wed Aug 30 2017 9:27pm
Sp13l

England 

Thanks andt. Another thing to add to the to check list.
1. Ebony or ivory leather
2. 20 inch stock or 21 Inch diamond cut alloys
3. Body colour bumpers/sides or not

I think i have a pretty decent deal on my px and pcp deal and have pressed for free service plan, free tyre insurance, free interior and exterior treatment and free scratch cover. Apparently they dont offer gap cover?

As i am planning on signing on the dotted line tomorrow afternoon i was wondering if anyone can suggest if there is anything more i should press for particularly in view of the fact this is a my17 and they need to shift stock paricularly this month?

Any suggestions very welcome.

Post #534148 Wed Aug 30 2017 11:25pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Not sure I'd bother with their Pureguard or whatever they are offering, you could get a better job done elsewhere. Even if you wanted Pureguard, you can get it done for £60 whereas LR value it at £399, so you'd be better pushing for things of real value. Have a look at dealer-fit accessories on the configurator, make a list of what you fancy, and have a range of options at different prices which you can 'try on for size' with them (assuming you have already reached the maximum you can squeeze on price, as the best extra is always free money!).

You should be in a strong position for discount. They have been offering generous discount even on factory orders for some time, I got 6% as far back as last November for a 1 March delivery, and some people have had 10%. You are buying an existing car so they will be very keen to shift it, especially with a new model coming.

Don't worry about GAP insurance not being offered, I'm sure they'll be pestering you in due course. However, they will want three times the going rate. Shop around, including ALA, who are highly recommended and will price-match. LR wanted well over £900 for cover which I got from ALA for less than £320. I suggest you go to shortfall.co.uk for a good price, then take it to ALA and get them to beat it - I got a further 20% even off the shortfall price.

Post #534159 Thu Aug 31 2017 7:50am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have Corris with Ebony leather and Nimbus door cards, there is a photo in my gallery - you have a puppy, I would think Ivory might not be that great at coping with puppy "accidents".........

Click image to enlarge
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Thu Aug 31 2017 9:19pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #534173 Thu Aug 31 2017 11:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Sp13l wrote:

To be fair, being ivory, in reality it is towards cream rather than the white it looks in the photo - but it looks great.

I agree , it looks lovely. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534176 Thu Aug 31 2017 12:25pm
Sp13l

England 

So. Deed done. Car chosen and deposit down. Delivery mid september. When i got there the car i had my eye on has been sold Big Cry
However after going through their stock one by one i landed on a corris grey, ebony/ivory interior. 20 inch wheels (no 21 only 22) but those on dearer cars.

Went for 3.0 diesel hse.
Swallowed my neg equity
Pan roof
Body colour coded paint
Privacy glass
Water bottle
Upgraded headlining apparently
Free service pack
Free autoglym thingy inside and out
Free tyre insurance
Free scratch repair
Luxury mats thrown in
Basic netting in the boot for puppy

And a reduction in my pcp costs by £50 pm on original quote

So in all very happy with deal.

Long 2 week wait now

Thanks for all your input and help guys.

Post #534194 Thu Aug 31 2017 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>