RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > 2018 Porsche Cayenne Pics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRSman

United Kingdom 
2018 Porsche Cayenne Pics

Pretty dissapointing was expecting a major update but this seems like a facelift.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #533961 Mon Aug 28 2017 1:31pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

You chose right with the Velar Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #533984 Mon Aug 28 2017 7:20pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The Cayenne is a great example of why car manufacturers should not try to give everything in their range a "family look". Attempting to put a 911 face on a big 4x4 didn't work on day one and it still doesn't work today.

From the initial pics, I think I prefer the Cayenne's dash / centre console to the Velar's but it might just be because it has a "gearstick" rather than a rotary dial thingy. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #533990 Mon Aug 28 2017 8:49pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

What an ugly looking car, sorry but that dash apart from the centre screen reminds me of a 1980`s VW very basic and functional but no style whatsoever, apart from that it's ok Thumbs Up 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #533995 Mon Aug 28 2017 9:41pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I see the new Porsche Macan managed to beat the new Range Rover Velar in Autoexpress road test unfortunately.
Handling of Velar isn't as good either. Whistle

Several reviews of the Velar are stating that the seats are uncomfortable, anyone tried them yet, I thought they would be same as Sport at the price?

Other negative comments on Velar is several options are more expensive than the better RRS models. Where are they meant to be aiming for? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #533999 Mon Aug 28 2017 10:49pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Johnski, I went to the Velar launch at my local LR dealer about a month ago. Their aim is to build a car that hits a mark between Ewok and RRS, or so I was informed by the salesman. The nearest correlation that I can see is the Porsche Macan. However the example that I drove did not have the build quality of Porsche. The seats were covered in some sort of synthetic material, which I found odd. The suspension I found rather harsh. The dash lay-out was quite nice, but I agree with others and do not like the wee rotary knob in place of a proper gear stick. The model I drove for a short test drive was equipped with the 4 cylinder Ingenium engine, which was nearly as swift as the 3.0l. SDV6 but not as smooth. The vehicle is slightly smaller than the RRS and although I didn't actually sit in the rear seats there didn't appear to be as much leg room as you would find in an RRS. I really cannot see where LR have dreamed their pricing up for this car. There are other vehicles already on the market, comparable to this, for around £8,000 less. No doubt the LR/RR badge will sell it, however, I believe that if you want a small RR then the Evoque is more than adequate.

Regards,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #534018 Tue Aug 29 2017 12:06pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

so ugly that Cayenne! SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534026 Tue Aug 29 2017 2:18pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thanks for your response and comments Jock, I found similar and find the Velar to over priced for what it's offering, and can see why people and reviewers are moaning. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534032 Tue Aug 29 2017 5:22pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

The motoring press love the Porsches and they pretty much win all contests that compare them to rivals. IMHO the Velar is a very accomplished car in it's own right but for it to "win" against a Porsche is not going to happen. The Velar in First edition guise is brilliant and this is from an owner not a reviewer Thumbs Up

AFAIAW the RRS never beat a Cayenne either and I've had both the Cayenne and RRS and much preferred the latter.

Post #534068 Tue Aug 29 2017 10:28pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Autocar have always rated the RRS over the Cayenne and this week in the Velar roadtest rank the RRS 1st against the Cayenne 5th. The Velar doesn't get into the top 5 in this category of vehicle with a pretty poor appraisal.
Tim

Post #534146 Wed Aug 30 2017 10:03pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

This is surprising. I have driven a Velar 3.0 diesel and found it a much more of a driver's car than RRS in responsiveness, agility, handling departments. Even comfort-wise it wasn't bad but certainly not good as RRS. Admittedly I have never driven a Macan or Cayenne so can't compare to those.

I do think Velar pricing is ridiculous for what it is though. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #534147 Wed Aug 30 2017 10:50pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
Autocar have always rated the RRS over the Cayenne and this week in the Velar roadtest rank the RRS 1st against the Cayenne 5th. The Velar doesn't get into the top 5 in this category of vehicle with a pretty poor appraisal.
Tim

Very Strange....for me the Velar is a better drive than both a Cayenne and RRS and I have owned both for over a year at a time Thumbs Up

In 3.0d Guise and HSE Dynamic and above spec there is no competition and the Velar wins hands down as a drivers car. The RRS is way to wafty to be called a sport.

The Velar bashing on here continues Laughing Rolling with laughter

Last edited by RRSman on Thu Aug 31 2017 12:31am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #534149 Thu Aug 31 2017 12:26am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
This is surprising. I have driven a Velar 3.0 diesel and found it a much more of a driver's car than RRS in responsiveness, agility, handling departments. Even comfort-wise it wasn't bad but certainly not good as RRS. Admittedly I have never driven a Macan or Cayenne so can't compare to those.

I do think Velar pricing is ridiculous for what it is though.

The Velar pricing will make much more sense when the new RRS is launched. Not looking forward to seeing that price list!

Post #534150 Thu Aug 31 2017 12:28am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, I also think RRS will shoot up in price. That would mark the end or at least a pause in my LR ownership I think. Not necessarily a bad thing as I tried and failed to downsize/downgrade last time and already had that in mind for next change. Or perhaps I will go back to buying used. Plenty of options on the table. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #534155 Thu Aug 31 2017 6:56am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:

The Velar bashing on here continues Laughing Rolling with laughter

Well this IS an RRS forum!

Post #534161 Thu Aug 31 2017 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>