RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Recommendations for side steps installer in Manchester
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bluestone

United Kingdom 
Recommendations for side steps installer in Manchester

I have just purchased some side steps for my L494 Range Rover Sport. Would anybody have recommendations for a competent workshop to install them for me in Manchester?

Thanks MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #532577 Fri Aug 11 2017 3:56pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Land Ranger in Stockport did mine, but they are painful to book in with, expect a 2-3 week wait. Get a 2005-2009 RRS (FAH500210) sat nav/dash mat here - the one that wasn't there when you bought the car.

Spiffing wheel centre caps available

Post #532684 Sat Aug 12 2017 8:28pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Land Ranger can't do it for over a month. I must have phoned nearly 20 garages, workshops, wrapping, and modification companies and nobody seems to want to do it.

Am I missing something here? Considering just returning the side steps now. I thought it was just a case of screwing some bolts down? MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #533394 Mon Aug 21 2017 8:56am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It can be time intensive, not always quick if you have mud flaps fitted, but if you are supplying the parts yourself, then it does loose them a lot of money, LR dealerships will often only supply and fit genuine LR steps so you are then looking around £500 or £750 for electric ones. Censored

Independents say at £70 hour + VAT, which is cheap, could still cost you up to £210+. Which allows 3 hours. Whistle
Listed on eBay are suppliers that will supply & fit while you wait (pre book) for £90-£120 + cost of steps.

It took me a few hours to fit on previous model, and depends if it comes with the separate sill cut out.
Beware many "copies" cannot handle the persons weight of the genuine LR ones (25 Stone) many can't tell you but most are up to 15 stone. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Mon Aug 21 2017 10:35am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #533397 Mon Aug 21 2017 10:17am
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I did mine myself with help from my son, took a couple of hours.
I had the pre-cut cills as part of the kit which saved time. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #533398 Mon Aug 21 2017 10:25am
Stretch

Steps on the old model are a piece of cake, i fit them in an hour no problem.

Steps on the new models are a Censored I wasn't happy at all, the holes in the floor where the steps bolt on (non electric type) aren't threaded and after breaking 4 taps trying the put a thread in them i gathered they must be made of superstrongatanium metal. So I'm not surprised places don't want to do them.

Post #533903 Sun Aug 27 2017 11:37am
syl

United Kingdom 

Johnski wrote:
It can be time intensive, not always quick if you have mud flaps fitted, but if you are supplying the parts yourself, then it does loose them a lot of money, LR dealerships will often only supply and fit genuine LR steps so you are then looking around £500 or £750 for electric ones. Censored

I thought the electrically deployable ones were about £3k?

Post #533909 Sun Aug 27 2017 1:37pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Normally yes, but electrical ones recently heavily discounted, our sponsor Duckworth Parts has had them on special to, I don't think the discounted ones are for the MK2 just noticed by OP, so indeed small mortgage required. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #533922 Sun Aug 27 2017 8:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1