RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

markymarkf

United Kingdom 
Help

Can anyone on here help me out , having a crap time with my dealer, thought I was getting somewhere after they finance proposed me on the wrong car. Speaking to the dealer tonight they went through my order form to make sure there was no errors, well shock horror they think they have ordered the wrong colour interior, I ordered and wanted black seats but they think ivory sets have been ordered. But say they can't confirm until tomorrow, Is there any way I can check this out for myself. As I can't tell on the order form , pic attached SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #533533 Tue Aug 22 2017 6:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you have a VIN then you can check in TOPIx. On the order form is there a build date because if that is passed then it looks very much like your dealer has ordered you an Ivory interior. These sort of mistakes were supposed to be impossible with the new Vista2 ordering system but if the person inputting the order gets it wrong then that is a mistake by dealership staff. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #533538 Tue Aug 22 2017 7:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

The car is already at the dealers, I've suggested they go and look inside the bloody car in the morning. The full experience has been awful. I ordered ebony/ivory with ebony seats. Waiting for them to confirm in the morning. They have already compensated me £1,000 for doing the finance prop on the wrong car and for not communicating any information with me for nearly 3 months, only found this out last night when I asked them to send me copy's of all the paper work , then I noticed the finance was incorrect (propped me on a HSE and not a HSE Dynamic) Was not until 7pm tonight when the sales manager rang to discuss finance, he went though the order form to make sure it was all ok. So when he said Ivory seats and I corrected him that they should be black, he said he would have to ring Landrover tomorrow, to which I replied (according to the vista sheet the car is there with you ) he did not even realise where the car was. I really am loosing the will here SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #533546 Tue Aug 22 2017 7:37pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems. Your dealer has been shocking and just how certain individuals at my dealer was with me at first, so I know how you're feeling.

Looks as if the seats are ivory as looked online at the codes for interior colours and combination and it says this;

Seat Colour Combination - Ivory [034EZ]

Hope you get it sorted and don't let them fob you off no more. Banging Head

Post #533555 Tue Aug 22 2017 8:17pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

so here is where i stand with the dealer,

yes they have ordered wrong colour interior confirmed this today. i have spat my dummy out today:they have come back with an offer if i take my car with wrong colour seats, to increase my discount to 10% and free fixed side steps

what should i do? i'm contemplating it SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #533620 Wed Aug 23 2017 7:19pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Try for the deployable steps,,they will want to get rid as most will be waiting for the my18 I would have thought.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #533623 Wed Aug 23 2017 7:53pm
wilf

Only you can decide if you can live, long term, with the seats. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #533624 Wed Aug 23 2017 7:53pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Refuse the car and ask for the car you ordered As it's there mistake they should put it right Thumbs Up

Post #533625 Wed Aug 23 2017 8:18pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

markymarkf wrote:
so here is where i stand with the dealer,

yes they have ordered wrong colour interior confirmed this today. i have spat my dummy out today:they have come back with an offer if i take my car with wrong colour seats, to increase my discount to 10% and free fixed side steps

what should i do? i'm contemplating it

Take the offer! (But I'm biased, I ordered ivory seats and I think they look great, and I've also got deployable side steps which are invaluable to me!).

Click image to enlarge

Post #533629 Wed Aug 23 2017 8:32pm
Leecccmk1

England 

Refuse it & wait for the 18my, this happened to me with a jag XFS back in 2012, if it's not what you ordered will you ever be 100% happy with it ....... nitemare dealers Big Cry

Post #533633 Wed Aug 23 2017 8:58pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

If you actually like the interior then I would take it.

If you think you might regret not having the colour combo you ordered then insist on another car at a discounted price and please, please, do get LR Customer Service involved.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Last edited by Violetpiano on Thu Aug 24 2017 11:24am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #533634 Wed Aug 23 2017 9:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

According to the order form pic the exterior is Yulong White.............. that's a lot of white in one car. Not sure white on white works like black and ebony do. I Have a photo of a White with Ivory interior L320 in my Photobucket library but where I am I cannot access Photobucket as it is blocked....... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #533640 Wed Aug 23 2017 9:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Personally, I like the ivory but that's not what you ordered.

I think that as they got it so wrong, I would make them pay, cancel the order, get your deposit back and go for the MY18 with MEGA discount or risk losing you as a JLR customer.

I'm sure even JLR would not be be happy to learn of the dealer's blatant Censored up and the dealer won't want them knowing!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

I am flabbergasted (love that word) that this can happen in this day and age on such an expensive purchase!!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #533643 Wed Aug 23 2017 10:21pm
W55***

England 

Personally I would have ordered Ivory but you obviously have your reasons fit ordering black, as above get them to start again with mega discount.

Post #533648 Wed Aug 23 2017 11:34pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

If JLR would link the online configurator to their ordering system then these mistakes would not happen, I sent my dealer my on line configuration but they still got it wrong
Don't take delivery you will always know it wasn't what you ordered, if you wanted someone else's spec buy used and save money

Post #533654 Thu Aug 24 2017 7:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>