RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY15 5.0L Autobiography Trade In
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

I used to think the same, and never sold cars privately, but I sold my last Merc. through Autotrader, and was very pleased with their service and security, which protects you from the scammers by not revealing your real e-mail, telephone number, or address until you want to yourself when you're ready. (Also the car went the first day!).

Post #532821 Mon Aug 14 2017 2:12pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
Agree P/ex should be easier and less hassle but you tend to get a lower figure than you could by selling pvt Rolling Eyes

As long as you are happy with the deal on the table, that's what counts

We have agreed a P/ex price at the dealers and they have said if I can sell it pvt for more all is good just pay the P/ex price extra, no extra to knock off.
So it is advertised on here Whistle
But have to get a bit more than the p/ex or as said its just not worth the hassle, and even at more than the p/ex value it's still a good value car as where ever it goes to will be adding a lot more on Exclamation

It's also worth trying the dealers direct to see if you get get a better bid yourself, I did this with the last Couple of cars I sold and got a better price than p/ex with no added hassle straight sale into them and straight buy from the main dealer.
Tried this with this car and getting the same value as the p/ex so unless someone snaps it up quickly Whistle it looks like it will be p/ex

Thumbs Up

Post #532830 Mon Aug 14 2017 5:24pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Regarding Part-ex and selling privately - many of us don't want the hassles and anxiety of selling a car privately. We don't want loads of tyre kickers and timewasters coming to our houses to view the car and then there is the problem of scammers / teleadvertiserts contacting us offering all sorts of deals to help us sell the car.............. Selling privately isn't for everyone, it is fine for those who have the patience/ time to deal with all the timewasters and I would prefer that the dealership has those issues and not me!

Tim, absolutely where I am and the original post was really just to get advice if the p/ex quoted was reasonable.

I am very aware that I would get more selling privately (having owned over 30 cars mostly bought and sold privately). But I am a little older now, work will restrict the times I can be in for people to view and to be honest, I feel apprehensive about a transaction this big selling privately.

I will try another couple of dealers to see if they can better what I was quoted on Saturday.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #532838 Mon Aug 14 2017 7:06pm
AJ1

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Regarding Part-ex and selling privately - many of us don't want the hassles and anxiety of selling a car privately. We don't want loads of tyre kickers and timewasters coming to our houses to view the car and then there is the problem of scammers / teleadvertiserts contacting us offering all sorts of deals to help us sell the car.............. Selling privately isn't for everyone, it is fine for those who have the patience/ time to deal with all the timewasters and I would prefer that the dealership has those issues and not me!

So long as those people dont winge about how little theyre getting for their px Bow down MY 14.5 SE SDV6 Loire Blue. Silver roof. 22's.

Post #532870 Mon Aug 14 2017 9:15pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

I think it's a no brainer to advertise a car privately prior to part exchanging,
I ve done it both ways , if I m in the country I ll always give it a go, that said I didn't bother this last time

1) its costs very little do
2) will almost certainly achieve more than part exchange
3) properly vetted buyers aren't a pain to deal with if your ducks are lined up.
4) doesn't have to cost you lots of time either

Regards

Post #532884 Tue Aug 15 2017 6:43am
Canary

England 

All good advice and I hope violet piano finds what he/she is looking for Thumbs Up

As for terrible part exchange prices I do believe there are two distinct customers who play this game:

1. This customer thinks he is good at negotiations, but unfortunately for him the dealer knows who is in charge and alas the customer gets a kicking come px time.

BTW this customer props up the market for all dealerships to make their maximum profits all at the expense of the aforementioned client. This is similar to how business/first class passenger on an airline help to subsidise to the relative low cost of travelling economy class.

2. Then there's a customers like me where I work hard to drive the over all cost down (my line of work is sales) and drive a mean deal whereby the dealer has to accept that you can't win them all!
This leaves me always satisfied with the using dealership's approach and makes me feel slightly sorry for the poor guy next in line who gets rinsed, but that's life.

So all in all no complaints here with the system, and saves me time and absolutely no fear of getting scammed or anything else by selling privately. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #532923 Tue Aug 15 2017 2:28pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Thanks for my rinsing....next time you can buy my next car for me. 3 recent attempted purchases with memoffering good money, the dealer has said get stuffed and that was that. Even on my last purchase dealer,wouldn't match my banks PCP rate so I didn't go through them and then I read someonelse scures a better rate than I achieved through LR.. wtf..... Idea Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #533201 Fri Aug 18 2017 8:33pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

"We buy any car" hope and rely that people can't be bothered to sell privately, as they knock off 10% - 12.5% off the lowest trade in price listed, they give out lowest prices and knock more off price on final inspection when they "spot" some fault! So it's always best to try and sell privately, and with said vehicle being in mint and low mileage it should shift easily. I would also tell dealer you aren't selling it that cheap. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #533216 Fri Aug 18 2017 11:18pm
Tony69

United Kingdom 

Why not put your sport for sale on this forum I'm sure that you will find a genuine buyer and a better price.

Post #533270 Sat Aug 19 2017 8:40pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice folks.

As I said earlier, I know I could get a better price selling privately, but for a number of reasons, that just isn't practical for me. Got on the phone and called a number of LR Dealers and Indi Dealers and an Indi offered £60k last week and drove off with her today.

Now for that 2018 MY SVR! Cool

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #534181 Thu Aug 31 2017 2:18pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Well done Violet ! Do you have any more info on the new SVR? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534185 Thu Aug 31 2017 2:58pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

There's no real info on the new Svr yet. Other than rumours of 580 bhp and updated look.

I have my order in aswell 👌

Post #534188 Thu Aug 31 2017 3:54pm
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Violetpiano wrote:
Thanks for the advice folks.

As I said earlier, I know I could get a better price selling privately, but for a number of reasons, that just isn't practical for me. Got on the phone and called a number of LR Dealers and Indi Dealers and an Indi offered £60k last week and drove off with her today.

Now for that 2018 MY SVR! Cool

Jas

£60k is strong money, you did well there! I've just sold my RS6 on Tootle and it's surprising how much a dealer will pay, typically on a £60k ish car they are happy with a max £3k profit!

As last year I'm still undecided on whether to go for an RRS but glad I went for the RS6 last year as 10 months ownership only lost me £2k in depreciation where as the same if an RRS was bought would have been £12k!!!

Post #534246 Fri Sep 01 2017 7:33am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

You must have got a good discount on the RS6 then. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #534247 Fri Sep 01 2017 8:13am
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Yep, the joy of buying cash on Christmas Eve!

Post #534265 Fri Sep 01 2017 12:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>