RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Decisions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

V8tdi

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Decisions

So it's time to change my company Car in Germany and yes I'm one of those strange hybrids that works in anti brexit land and returns every weekend to play with my RRS on the island 😉

I'm currently running an X5 which is a great car but a bit sterile tbh and despite all my colleagues seemingly jumping into the amazing deals from Daimler at the moment (current fav is the GLE500) I'm going to put a rangy in the middle of the formal German suburbia

I love my RRS my17 so it was top of my list and I've settled on a autobiography and the leasing budget is around list price of 130k so should be a nice spec I think

But the Velar has just been added to the list and the RDynamic 3ltr is available but with a list 30k less than the RRS I guess no discounts yet so I thought I would try one

My local dealer in Shrewsbury Hatfields were great and let me try one even if I'm ordering it in Germany exactly the model I was wanting an R Dynamic HSE with the black pack

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Overall although I can see why this will be a very popular choice the velar is really engaging to drive, the interior feels like a next generation step from my my17 RRS, in some ways makes it feel outdated and the HUD is simply stunning compared to my RRS. After driving for a while the dual touchscreen dashboard is honestly fiddly and unless you permanently have an e cloth your OCD will go into overdrive

However is it enough to sway me

Honestly no I think more because of the leasing offer and the RRS just has more of a solid feel but honestly it's really fine choices with these two but I've got a few weeks still to decide and I might wait till the my18 rrs comes out even if the options might be a bit less

Well done JLR. the Velar is a great addition to the stable

Post #532663 Sat Aug 12 2017 3:24pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Great first impression. However, my question is what AREN'T you getting in the Velar that you ARE getting in the RRS? With a not insignificant £30,000 grand of a price difference, there must be some significant physical differences. What are they and can you live without them?

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #532824 Mon Aug 14 2017 4:06pm

United Kingdom 

Hi Jock,

Just just built a Velar - R Dynamic S D300 to the same spec as my RRS and it came out just £400 less than £70k I paid 22 months ago.

Did not load it with extras, upgraded the small 19" wheels to 20", opening pano roof, full sized spare, Terrain response, cameras, rubber mats, service pack and tracker. Did not upgrade the interior or audio which for me is a waste of £1k.

Will reserve judgement until I have seen a Velar but based on LRs web site info, for the same money I would stick with RRS or look at something completely different.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #532829 Mon Aug 14 2017 5:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
V8tdi

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Great first impression. However, my question is what AREN'T you getting in the Velar that you ARE getting in the RRS? With a not insignificant £30,000 grand of a price difference, there must be some significant physical differences. What are they and can you live without them?

Old Jock

Fair point but when I go to the basic car on landrover.de RDynamic 3.0 HSE basic list is just over 90k Euro leaves me 6k max for extras
Paint as all but crap basic colors are min 1500 Euro
Black pack 950 euro
Pano roof 1750 euro
Black roof etc etc etc
No chance to put surround camera or other useful extras
So the issue I have is when you spec a velar like a RRS you might as well get the big brother even if the tech on the velar is clearly a step up
As I said on my post it's fine lines as the velar is a great Car but to get what I want I need to drop to the 2.0l engine then I stay with the RRS

Post #532837 Mon Aug 14 2017 7:04pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

0310 wrote:
Hi Jock,

Just just built a Velar - R Dynamic S D300 to the same spec as my RRS and it came out just £400 less than £70k I paid 22 months ago.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Did you do a new build and get the cost for your RRS in today's guise? It is not easy and I am sure it is one of the reasons that LR mix and match specifications on the cars every year. What was standard on yours will now be an option and vice versa. I have done it on mine and the difference came out as far as I can see is around £3,100 more for the latest Model Year, but that is not exact.

For me, having had a sit and wee drive in the Velar at the Parks launch party, would rather have a Jaguar F-Pace and pocket the difference in cash. However, like you, I think it will be another RRS for me next year when mine reaches the grand old age of three!!!

Cheers,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #532924 Tue Aug 15 2017 2:46pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

V8TDI - Do it - the Velar is fantastic.

You are on the wrong forum TBH - there is a HUGE thread on the "other cars" section of this forum and you will see that most on here don't like it much (not surprised as this is a RRS forum!). I was fortunate enough to pick up one of the first UK First Edition cars on the 27th July and I can't fault it at all.

Head over to www.velarforums.co.uk where you will find people who have ordered, or taken delivery of their cars and have come out of everything from a FFRR to an F-Pace, Macan and BMW X5s etc etc - Almost all have said the Velar is a better car than anything they came out of.

Go figure Thumbs Up

Post #532926 Tue Aug 15 2017 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1