RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2018
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>

wilf

I think the Velar temp controls are on rotaries, like on the RRS. Everything else seems to be touchscreen though. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #532599 Fri Aug 11 2017 7:44pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

tylernewman wrote:
I showed these pics to one of my clients at JLR - they said it may not be a final prototype so door handles are still an unknown. It will definitely have the velar dual screen dash though.

I was told by my dealership, Hatfields, that the Dual screen will NOT be standard but an option, there will be a choice of three screen/head unit displays, (similar to now on Velar/Sport) option of 12" screen for speedo etc too, which will also show map info? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #532604 Fri Aug 11 2017 8:21pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

You can have sat. nav. on the speedo screen with MY17.

Post #532609 Fri Aug 11 2017 8:49pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thanks Donny, I'm not up to date on what's currently on model, Embarassed as I'm waiting for the new 2018 model plus a year to sort out problems. Whistle
I was trying to get any info and differences I could, I've been told that there will be Hybrid models available, but not on release. Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Thu Aug 17 2017 11:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532612 Fri Aug 11 2017 8:54pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

tylernewman wrote:
Hi Jas
Have you experienced the MY17 sat nav? Its a lot more responsive than previous versions.

It was pain staking having to wait 2 minutes between entering each digit on a postcode on the previous sat navs!!

As for the heating I can't comment

Hi, my RRS is a MY15. I haven't driven any other RRS (apart from a MY15 SVR) and happy to hear that the screen / system responsiveness has improved!

Thanks
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #532615 Fri Aug 11 2017 9:10pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It's even further improved on the Velar and is quick as an ipad!

Post #532639 Sat Aug 12 2017 8:56am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I had a look at the Velar centre console at a dealer yesterday. I must admit, I am not a fan and prefer switches, but reaction time of the system is good.

Regardless, I placed a deposit for a new SVR and once 2018 MY is confirmed, I can get my car specified.

And before anybody asks. No, the dealer did not have any more information than we already have which is zilch!

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Last edited by Violetpiano on Sun Aug 13 2017 1:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532698 Sun Aug 13 2017 7:40am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

The cars have more leaks than the company! Rolling Eyes

Post #532699 Sun Aug 13 2017 7:43am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
timhum wrote:
RRSMan inferred that he knew what the changes would be and that they were going to be significant with an announcement in July. has he got anymore info?
Tim

You have bought an MY17 so why worry? Enjoy your car! Very Happy

The changes were due to be announced in July but it seems they have been delayed no idea why! The significant changes talked about previously are happening and the updated RRS will appear most likely with a PheV sometime soon...I know people who have seen the car but are unable to tell me much more!

And here it is: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-car...ed-testing

Clearly lights similar to the Velar design can be seen at the front hinting at a Laser / LED option. No images of the interior but previous shots have shown it to have the Velar dual screens too. No flush handles though and apart from new front and rear bumpers the exterior looks pretty much the same. Closer look at the rear end shows Velar style exhaust tips too.

Post #533032 Thu Aug 17 2017 8:26am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I really cannot understand why JLR feels that a 2.0lt petrol engine is "ideal" for the hybrid - the car is big and relatively heavy it is already proving to be a non startet with the 2.0 diesel and even the 3ltr V6 S/C with tiny sales - they should grab the bull by the horns and sell it as a purely electric car with 500kms/310 miles range. People forget that PHEVS still have taxable emissions even if you can drive them in purely electric mode there is still an ICE under the bonnet and an exhaust pipe at the back and as the government proved in the last budget they don't consider PHEVs to be that environmentally friendly as they whacked up the tax on them! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #533033 Thu Aug 17 2017 9:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

Well, the full electric motor torque would be available from standstill, (332lbs ft) so it might not be as poor a match as you might think. And with 627 lbs ft total it more than matches a 3.0V6 diesel or s/c V8 petrol. Might be quite quick?

And at least it would avoid the "dirty diesel" thing going on at the moment. Will be interesting to see what the tested CO2 emissions are.............. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #533040 Thu Aug 17 2017 10:17am
timhum

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I really cannot understand why JLR feels that a 2.0lt petrol engine is "ideal" for the hybrid - the car is big and relatively heavy it is already proving to be a non startet with the 2.0 diesel and even the 3ltr V6 S/C with tiny sales - they should grab the bull by the horns and sell it as a purely electric car with 500kms/310 miles range. People forget that PHEVS still have taxable emissions even if you can drive them in purely electric mode there is still an ICE under the bonnet and an exhaust pipe at the back and as the government proved in the last budget they don't consider PHEVs to be that environmentally friendly as they whacked up the tax on them!

Well diesel sales will be decimated within 5 years so let's go petrol now. The torque of the petrol and electric combined will be significant. Yes a purely electric car might be ideal but they won't have one with the present design so in my opinion a great start and I'm sure we'll see improvements in the future.
Tim

Post #533113 Thu Aug 17 2017 9:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I see you can go up to 30 miles on a full charge - wow, that's fantastic, I could nearly get to my nearest shop and back! Rolling Eyes

Post #533134 Fri Aug 18 2017 8:44am
timhum

United Kingdom 

Well that's pretty well the same as the Outlander Phev which seems to get some good reviews and owner feedback.
Tim

Post #533168 Fri Aug 18 2017 3:32pm
wilf

To my mind, the leccy motors are there to fill in gaps in the torque curve. Seen like that they might make more sense. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #533191 Fri Aug 18 2017 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>