RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Remote climate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

syl

United Kingdom 

If you have a FBH, does the app (not FBH remote) start the engine or use the FBH to heat the car? Is it possible to cool a car (using the app) fitted with a FBH like it is one without?

Post #532318 Tue Aug 08 2017 5:27pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

The remote app. still just starts the engine. This would cause the fan to some on if the requested temperature was lower than the actual temperature. I don't think it would run the air conditioning, but as I live in the north I'll probably never find out! Sad Others may be more knowledgeable on that aspect.

Post #532321 Tue Aug 08 2017 5:39pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

syl wrote:
If you have a FBH, does the app (not FBH remote) start the engine or use the FBH to heat the car? Is it possible to cool a car (using the app) fitted with a FBH like it is one without?

Don't know about later models but for MY16 and before, remote fob and app both use the FBH for heating and in hot weather turns the fan on and ventilates the car but aircon doesn't come on. Both without starting the car. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #532350 Tue Aug 08 2017 8:44pm
sparkx

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I have a M17 SVR, with FBH.
In summer, if i need to cool the car I will use the remote start and it'll trigger the engine and the air conditioning. I'm using it quite alot now I'm in Menorca and its 35 degrees most days..

I f i use the FBH remote in summer, it will bring on the fan to ventilate the car, but not cool.

If i use the app for remote start in winter, it will trigger the FBH rather than start the engine, or i can use the fob if I'm in range.

Hope this help, I'd always consider the FBH option in addition to the remote start.

Post #532379 Wed Aug 09 2017 7:48am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

You obviously have the full system activated (the factory-fitted one at £1,035?), but I've got an SDV8 with a FBH but non-activated remote operation (awaiting Bodsy's magic when the software tool is updated to MY17), so my In Control App. only starts the engine.

Post #532383 Wed Aug 09 2017 8:11am
KennyR

Scotland 

fkarim wrote:
syl wrote:

Don't know about later models but for MY16 and before, remote fob and app both use the FBH for heating and in hot weather turns the fan on and ventilates the car but aircon doesn't come on. Both without starting the car.

Hi Fawad
I've just enabled timed climate via iid on the SDV8, do I have to fit the remote kit and activate before the app will recognise climate and can be used instead of the fob? ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #532395 Wed Aug 09 2017 9:46am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

No idea about RRS2 and the app Kenny. As you know, I fitted and enabled remote climate in my MY13 myself as it already had the FBH as standard but that just uses the fob and not app. In RRS2 I just added the remote climate option when ordering the car as I didn't believe the car would come with FBH from factory. Bodsy and Disco Mikey would know the answer to your question. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #532404 Wed Aug 09 2017 11:00am
KennyR

Scotland 

Thanks Fawad ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #532405 Wed Aug 09 2017 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12