RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Frustrated
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

markymarkf

United Kingdom 
Frustrated

Anyone know the email address of someone high up at Stratstone, And where I can find email for dealer principal for Houghton le Spring near Sunderland. Fed up now want to make my frustration known and possibly cancel my order.

* I've found the dealer principal just need email for Stratstone and Landrover. In for a penny in for a pound so to speak SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #532105 Sat Aug 05 2017 6:29pm
Topsy

Wales 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi

Read my previous posts re: Stratstone. I only had a response once I had send a recorded delivery protocol letter (letter before action) to the dealer principal and the head lawyer at Pendragon. The complaints process didn't even provide a response.

I am not sure what they have done to upset you but if it isn't sufficient for litigation (and I don't take that step lightly) it may be best to just walk away.

Post #532183 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:13pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Nothing that serious. Just disappointed at the lack of customer care, the usual ignored emails, phone calls etc, 2 months in to my order and I don't even know where I stand, every time I ask for an update I get no response, no build date, delivery date, guess the usual stuff that ultimately Censored off a customer SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #532188 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:38pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Defineately cancel and get a refund much better dealerships out there to reorder from, and many of them are not bad, but not sure why JLR seem to have more complaints than average. Whistle
Always send anything important by Recorded Delivery and check that it's received and signed for on line, it's the only method accepted in courts and any arguments over never got email or standard letter. Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #532189 Sun Aug 06 2017 9:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I don't think it's Stratstones as such, more the local dealership (although obviously HQ carry some ultimate responsibility). I've had two cars from Stratstone, Doncaster, and had excellent service and excellent response when there have been small glitches.

Post #532194 Mon Aug 07 2017 7:36am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I had similar experience with Guy Salmon Wakefield,,ive had 1 Rangerover FF & 3 sports from them & when I wanted my14 AB all I got was salesman in a meeting he will get back to you later,,after 3 fone calls everytime he was in a meeting I went elsewhere & bought 1.They must spend more time in meetings than in saleroom,i suppose its their loss as I went & spent 61k elsewhere.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #532195 Mon Aug 07 2017 7:42am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I had similar issues with stratstone Cheltenham, all eventually went well & car was ready for 1st September collection but it was only confirmed less than a week before. I think from what others say it does seem to be the norm with car dealers, my last few Bmw purchases were the same come to think of it, buyers having to do all the chasing, all these sales guys must be very busy counting their bonuses!

Post #532197 Mon Aug 07 2017 8:20am
ewerdl

United Kingdom 

Off you go! http://www.ceoemail.com/index-search.php

Post #532214 Mon Aug 07 2017 12:50pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I plan to order my 2018 MY from Stratstone in Berkley Square, London but this post has set doubt in my mind.

I bought my existing RRS from Lookers in Battersea and the whole ordering experience was painfully bad. I was recovering from a serious illness at the time that made it all the more stressful. Having read this post, I just checked my audit trail of emails with Lookers and realised that it took 18 emails (plus phone calls) to get my order correct which I had handed to them clearly typed out with exact spec and what I wanted and didn't want. They kept adding / removing stuff!

Just two examples - about a month after I thought I had sorted out my order I received a phone call asking me that if I wanted to go ahead with the change to the interior colour, I needed to put it in writing to them. I had requested no change to my order and was in fact in hospital and in no state to make any changes! And the protective coating stuff they apply to new cars - 6 times I asked for that to be removed from my order but they constantly resent my order with the bloody thing still on it!

I would prefer a dealer not too far away in terms of distance from my home in London but really don't want to go to Lookers again and the comments about Stratstone have put me off them too Sad

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #532222 Mon Aug 07 2017 3:32pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Emailed the dealer principal today, rang me back within an hour full of apologies . Surprisingly he was able to give me build date, delivery date etc, just a shame the sales person could not supply me with this weeks ago when I asked [in fact I've asked for an update every week for the last 3 weeks] instead of ignoring calls and emails. Pushing my luck with them now for a cracking deal on a set of side steps. I really did not have to get to this point if they had just supplied what I asked for. SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #532242 Mon Aug 07 2017 6:32pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I bet he won't be replying to your emails for long...he'll hand you back to sales Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #532245 Mon Aug 07 2017 6:45pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Violetpiano wrote:
I would prefer a dealer not too far away in terms of distance from my home in London but really don't want to go to Lookers again and the comments about Stratstone have put me off them too Sad

Jas

Try calling Gary Edghill at Hunters in Guildford..... Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #532246 Mon Aug 07 2017 6:47pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

well i have a build date and yep it's a FRIDAY SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #532643 Sat Aug 12 2017 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1