RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Going to get mine tomorrow :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Going to get mine tomorrow :)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow afternoon i finally pick up my RRS HSE 4.4 in Buckingham Blue w/Premium Leather, Cold Climate & PTI. I haven't seen the color yet in real life but am expecting it to be a very dark blue which will contrast nicely with the alpaca leather - i will post some pictures tomorrow...... I'll keep you updated. - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #529 Sat Jun 25 2005 3:44am
martin edwards

United Kingdom 

So that must be one of the first in the US? only just getting to see them around here, and i am only an hour away from Solihull!!

Post #532 Sat Jun 25 2005 6:30am
Biggles

England 

Gribnau,

Thats good to hear,

As far as I am aware you will be the first person to post that owns a 4.4, cant wait to see and hear all about it. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #539 Sat Jun 25 2005 10:03am
gribnau

Picked it up today - The color is GREAT - Buckingham Blue is a REAL dark blue, very intense & rich color. Overall very pleased with the car; Currently breaking in the engine so i don't have performance numbers to share yet - Couple of minor concerns are the ashtray: after i opened it, it couldnt close anymore, no matter how many times i tried closing it - it just kept opening immediately; Second, the bonnet on the right side needs extra hard pushing in order for it to stay closed....mmm... overall very pleased, dealer did not have the floormats yet so we have to come back on monday to pick them up - ample of space all around; very impressed w/Alpaca Premium leather. The final configuration of the car is:

2006 RRS 4.4 HSE
Buckingham Blue on Alpaca Premium seating
Personal Phone Integration
Harman Kardon Logic7
Cold Climate Package
19" Rims

I'll keep you all updated on progress.....
BTW: I did order on Ebay the SC grille - not to make it look like one but because i like the contrast of the titanium color w/the dark blue.
I expect this one to come in early next week. - Robert

Post #555 Sun Jun 26 2005 3:47am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Grib, your RR looks beautiful, that is the 1st Buckingham I have seen. The local dealer has put out several Cairns Blue Sports but no Buckinghams.
Also I have already got the SC grille on my car:

You will still have the matt surround, it is only the "cheesegrater" that is silvered, and the LR Oval is black and rather tacky as it isn't a nice enamel badge, just a painted on logo or transfer.
I have been getting a heap of stick from a Censored who posts only as "guest" over on another forum for the dealer supplying my car, and 90% of the other non S/C cars he has put out, with the S/C grille. It cost me nothing so I'm not complaining!
Even on Giverny it looks nicer than the Titanium colour.

Post #556 Sun Jun 26 2005 8:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Gribnau,
Im so jealous Wink .

That is one very nice RRS you have got there, Buckingham blue looks great in the sunlight.
Keep us posted on how the car settles down. Very Happy Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #559 Sun Jun 26 2005 11:59am
gribnau

Tim - the grill looks great - I can't wait until i put it on - I'll make some before & after pictures Smile Today had a little bit of a more extended drive - i have to be careful because it consumes a mere 15-18 MPG highway and 10 MPG city - my distance before empty shrunk from 330 Miles to 230 Miles after 69 Miles - whoops - I am VERY impressed w/the navigation system - it works very nice and the voice control is pretty impressive - so is the phone integration - i am wondering if i should order the cradle to automatically also charge the phone and to be able to enter the address book - did anybody try this?

Today i parked next to a ML350 and man - what a difference - the mercedes is an 'old fashion' car compared to the handsomely designed RRS - the ride is firm yet comfortable and the design is simply great - very contemporary yet elegant & stylish.. - Robert

Post #573 Sun Jun 26 2005 11:51pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Nice car GRIBNAU,

I have experienced the PTI when phone inergrated in cradle as my dealer in his demo had nokia 6230 and worked great.

So jealous... you all seem to be taking delivery of your cars and I have to wait till September Sad .... still gives me a little more time to enjoy the roof off the S4 Cool 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #575 Mon Jun 27 2005 12:26am
simmikie

United States 

Biggles wrote:
Gribnau,

Thats good to hear,

As far as I am aware you will be the first person to post that owns a 4.4, cant wait to see and hear all about it.

Congratulations on your RRS! I think your truck might have sealed the deal for me. I have been vascillating between RRS and Land Cruiser (since LC upped the power and included air suspension and in dash cd). Buckingham Blue looks very nice in those pics. Will you be taking more pics?

simmikie

Post #577 Mon Jun 27 2005 6:58am
Biggles

England 

Gribnau,
Did your dealer ask which phone you used or was that sorted on the day of collection.
I have a nokia 6230i and have specced PTI, was wondering because I have only ever made one reference to it while talking with the dealer and somehow dont think he would have remembered. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #578 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:18am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

gribnau wrote:
I have to be careful because it consumes a mere 15-18 MPG highway and 10 MPG city - my distance before empty shrunk from 330 Miles to 230 Miles after 69 Miles - whoops -

OMG.................. instant Greenpeace fodder! It's just as well you guys have very very cheap gas compared us!
I think you will have to drive and drive and get that engine loosened up before doing serious fuel consumption calculations. I use the the trip fuel computer enroute but feed my milage and fuel purchases through an excel spreadsheet................. the trip is showing 27.6mpg (imperial gallons) over the 3rd tank full of diesel and using myspreadsheet the tanks have worked out at 25.6 and 26.9 mpg. The car now has 1100 miles run in just over 2 weeks, mainly fast highway and motorway with minimal city driving and no low ratio/ offroad driving (fuel consumption offroad in low box in my TD6RR was 17-19mpg compared to 23-25 on road).
On long motorway hauls I could get the TD6 up to 31mpg so I'm hoping to get better with the TDv6. I will find out next Friday as I have a 300 mile trip coming up and the first longish motorway haul. Hopefully 650miles on a tankful should be the norm once things have bedded in.
The other I found with the TD6 was that no matter how much I piled onto my roof bars...... 4 windsurfers in 2 bundles of 2 side by side was the most, the fuel consumption hardly changed. I won't be able to compare the Sport as I cannot fit roof bars without having the load carrier system, which I am not joining to buy as it is permanently fixed to the car.

Post #579 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon

United Kingdom 

I've had a V8 for nearly 3 weeks now and 2000 miles and I am getting 20-23mpg. Don't forget that the US gallon is smaller than the imperial gallon.

I had a problem with the 6230i. When I changed it for an older 6230 it worked fine but only accesses the phonebook when in the cradle.

Post #582 Mon Jun 27 2005 8:23am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
Gribnau,
Did your dealer ask which phone you used or was that sorted on the day of collection.
I have a nokia 6230i and have specced PTI, was wondering because I have only ever made one reference to it while talking with the dealer and somehow dont think he would have remembered.

Now, this is getting to be interesting. I'm not sure but I gather from what you guys have been saying, one must specify what phone one is using when one makes a booking?

If thats the case, my car has the PTI but nobody has ever asked me if I have a mobile phone, let alone what model!! So, now what? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #583 Mon Jun 27 2005 8:42am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Bobby don't panic, the PTI works with any Bluetooth 1.1 equipped phone.

However, inorder for the phone to be charged at the same time, you will need to buy a cradle from your dealer, at present Landrover seem to have cradles for the popular Nokia models including one for the Nokia 6230/6230i.

But to confirm.... I have just spoken to Landrover UK ( Alison ) who will call me back approx 12.00 today with a full list of all phones/cradles that are available for the RRS

Cheers Martin ( MDP ) 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #584 Mon Jun 27 2005 9:15am
Simon

United Kingdom 

It will not work with the 6230i, trust me, I spent 10 days trying!

If you can prove me wrong please let me know as I swapped my 6230i for my wife's 6230 which has had a hard life and would prefer to swap back.

Post #585 Mon Jun 27 2005 9:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>