RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > CD/Radio head unit issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GodivaNige

England 
CD/Radio head unit issues

The head unit (CD 565 + Logic 7) has just started behaving very strangely. The Sat Nav works ok and the head unit turns on and off ok however, the buttons on the head unit don't correspond with the functions they are supposed to control. For example, pressing CD turns on FM radio and back skip button brings up the tone control (bass treble etc) on the display. I don't think any of the buttons are doing what they are supposed to do, they are all operating completely random functions.
I've tried a hard reset and nothing has changed.
I can change modes without a problem using the voice control and there's sound coming from the speakers

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking a replacement head unit is on the cards but just checking there isn't another way to fix this before spending any money unnecessarily.

If anyone has a clue about a fix it'd be much appreciated, its driving me nuts Big Cry

Post #520201 Tue Mar 07 2017 11:59am
GodivaNige

England 

So I go out in the car this morning and the radio is working perfectly !!! Rolling Eyes
Turns out, I have a self repairing RRS

WTF is going on? All day yesterday, a couple of hard resets and I could not get the radio to work properly. Bloody car, will be the death of me

Post #520322 Wed Mar 08 2017 10:48am
stickinthemud

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Fuji White

Mine did a similar thing last week, I lost all control of the head unit and screen, I left the car all alone and shut down, came back after a couple of hours, it rebooted and all was fine, thankfully.

Post #520331 Wed Mar 08 2017 2:31pm
Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

GodivaNige wrote:
So I go out in the car this morning and the radio is working perfectly !!! Rolling Eyes
Turns out, I have a self repairing RRS

WTF is going on? All day yesterday, a couple of hard resets and I could not get the radio to work properly. Bloody car, will be the death of me

I had an issue where my stereo would turn on etc. but no sound from the speakers, turn it off and back on and it works fine.

These cars are basically big shiny computers so you'll find turning them off and on again will cure most ills haha Rolling with laughter

Post #520341 Wed Mar 08 2017 3:22pm
GodivaNige

England 

This issue has reared its head again and now isn't repairing itself. All buttons on the head unit and on the right hand side of the steering wheel are working but not doing what they are supposed to do. FM button switches to AM, CD switches on FM, basically none do what they are supposed to do except, On/Off with the left rotary knob and the volume works ok.

I've tried a hard reset, left the battery disconnected today for 4 hours while I gave it a boost with a smart charger plus paid £25 to GAP to obtain the audio software just in case it was corrupted, which loaded ok but no difference.

Checked for MOST faults in the hidden menu and all is well, also no DTC faults being recorded at the ECU. Voice control changes work ok.

Any ideas what can be tried next before I shell out for a new head unit?

Edited to add... Nav is working fine too and sound is coming from all speakers so no issue with the amp.

Post #531999 Thu Aug 03 2017 7:07pm
GodivaNige

England 

After speaking with a few independents about the issues my radio/CD is showing, they've all said it's likely the head unit is faulty. Dakar said they would try and repair it with a starting price of £275 + VAT but they said it could cost more depending on what they found, but they did think it was a logic issue with the faceplate board. If they couldn't repair it they said a LR remanf replacement would be £680 + VAT
Rimmers gave me a part number for the official LR factory remanf unit of LR008596, prices all at around £800 with an approx £100 exchange fee.
Searched eBay and there's nothing credible to buy but I did set some alerts for various part numbers including the above LR number, just in case one came up. As luck would have it, a never fitted, still in original wrapping LR008596 appeared this afternoon for a BIN Price of £370 so I snapped it up.
Question is, does anyone know if this will be a case of fit and switch on and all will be well, or will it need some kind of programming?

Post #532532 Thu Aug 10 2017 9:42pm
GodivaNige

England 

Sorted, the replacement head unit via eBay has resolved all of the issues.
So, if the buttons on your radio (pre facelift) start doing strange things, operating functions that don't resemble what the button is supposed to do, then chances are your head unit has given up.

Post #533112 Thu Aug 17 2017 9:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1