Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > MY10 Bumper realignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
MY10 Bumper realignment

Hi all,
I have been looking at a 2010 HSE which is generally in good condition other than the odd scratch here and there which the salesman is willing to rectify.
However I pointed out to him a misalignment of the rear offside bumper at the top where it meets the wheel arch standing proud by 7-8mm. There has obviously been a relatively minor impact as the mud flap is also misaligned under the bumper, and there are scratches on the wheel arch itself. When I told him that the bumper needed to be realigned, he said it would have to go to the body shop which could cost hundreds of pounds and maybe even a new bumper may be required. He also suggested that the plastic could warp following exposure to diesel, really?. The bumper itself is not loose.
Has anyone taken the rear bumper off and could comment on any clips that may be broken/bent and easily replaced, or how easy it should be to realign. I am somewhat dubious that it would cost hundreds to realign it, but my OCD would not allow me to live with it.
The salesman would not reduce the price of the car or rectify it (I am a cash buyer, no trade in) and so I walked away.
I quite like the car but I don't feel comfortable in buying a car and then having to carry our remedial work, unless it's a really cheap fix, hence asking advice here.

Post #531652 Sun Jul 30 2017 10:21am
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Walk away and say away it may not cost that much to fix but it should be down to the car sales company got any pictures may help:thumbsup:

Post #531654 Sun Jul 30 2017 10:24am
Oldandconfused

I was so disappointed that I didn't take any photos. I was thinking that if it was a reasonably cheap fix, I would give him a bell and tell him that I would give him the price of the car minus the cost of the fix.
The removal of the bumper seems to be a matter of minutes, it's just an issue of the possibility of broken clips that concerns me. I understand it's difficult to say without having the bumper off, which is why I am asking if anyone has had a bit of a prang and can advise.

Post #531656 Sun Jul 30 2017 10:35am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

You might find that if you give the bumper a good thump in may go back in place, as they are only sort of clipped in and then with a little plastic lug held by a self tapper, the lug itself quite often break as quite flimsy. Probably not explained very well but sure someone else will be along to describe better.

Just found this, you can see small lug referring to at top of bumper, also check the elongated hole parts are intact, on the picture the one near the center is broken.

Cheers
Col

Post #531657 Sun Jul 30 2017 10:36am
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
If it was An Easy Fix They Would Have Done It

If the damaged was easily fixed they they would have fixed it.

Beware of minor damage that is not fixed it could hide a lot of problems that the seller is aware of but does not want to tell you.

Post #531663 Sun Jul 30 2017 12:27pm
Oldandconfused

I think I may have uploaded a pic from the advert. You can see it better on the advert because you can zoom in in it.
I'm not very good at this tech stuff.
Thanks for the photo above, but you are right, the only way of knowing is to whip it off.

Edit; lack of zoom means it's difficult to see on this photo.

Post #531667 Sun Jul 30 2017 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1