RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How much should I be paying for a service?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 
How much should I be paying for a service?

Due annual service, keep getting calls from local dealer to book me in for August, how much is a service? Should be parts free as it was sold by them to me 3 months ago with a 2 year LR warranty.

Also, I don't have a service book, should I have one as they never gave me a book, told me it was all on computer? It's a 2012 3.0 TDV6. SE.

Cheers.

Post #531209 Tue Jul 25 2017 10:14pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Which service is it, I think the prices vary according to what is required?

For the online service record I think that started from mid 2013, my Nov 2012 build still has the paper book. If it has been serviced at a LR dealer then they should be able to look up all the vehicle history. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #531210 Tue Jul 25 2017 10:26pm
StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 

I don't know what service it is, no book.

Post #531212 Tue Jul 25 2017 10:37pm
insiorc

Is this a LR dealer? I thought to have a vehicle sold as Approved (assumed ?? as you mention 2 year LR warranty) required them vetting the RRS and ensure everything was up to date. I'd be contacting them asking what service is due and to provide the required book, as mentioned they can get the past history off their computer.

I'm actually shocked they've sold you the RRS without carrying out the service as it's only 3 months ago, I'd be checking with them that it's a free service.

If they've updated everything correctly then you should be able to get the last service date, miles and I think which is due from Topix, if not already registered then register as an independent, it's free. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #531213 Tue Jul 25 2017 10:54pm
StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 

Yeah, a bit shocked myself to be honest. They did the full checklist that goes with the 2 year warranty, but thought they would have done the service at the same time, and I am annoyed they misinformed me about the service book.

Post #531217 Tue Jul 25 2017 11:17pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I'd be raising merry hell ! It should have a stamped book. I made them carry out the next imminent service before I bought it.
Once again, main dealers taking the Censored to save money.....
I always shop around for the best quote- service prices are not fixed and they will discount to win business from rivals.
Go in, raise your voice with in ear shot of new buyers in showroom and see what happens Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #531303 Wed Jul 26 2017 4:58pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

When I had my14 serviced about 2 month ago I got it done for £292 ish,,I played 2 local LR dealerships both Hatfields against each other.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #531334 Wed Jul 26 2017 7:02pm
UK Guy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

My last service was the small one (oil change & filters) (RRS1 2013 AB)
LR dealer quoted me £550 !! I explained it's only an oil service so how could they justify that kind of money for something that will take 1 hour max, I had no response, so I 'kindly' declined

I had a few calls from a few people from the branch over the next 2 weeks or so and they finally agreed to do it for £200 all in.

The biggest problem is, way to many fall for their rip off prices so they think all Range Rover owners are idiots.

Fact: there are not many dealerships you can trust nowdays. Question everything, and use common sence.

P.S to the OP, they should have serviced the car before you had it. Take it back and insist they service it FOC. Also, you should have a service book, I have and mine is the last of the old shape 2013. RRS HSE with a few extras & a
2013 RRS Autobiography

Post #531337 Wed Jul 26 2017 7:31pm
StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 

The problem is I bought the car in April, and it will be difficult for me to prove what was said and by whom. I tried to register for the online service retrieval from LR but they never bothered to reply.

My own fault, got carried away with this luxury car from a grand dealership and didn't think o check all this stuff out. If I had bought it from Arthur Daley I would have checked all this. I got 2 binders full of info, print outs of previous services, warranties, promises, pledges, guarantees, and no service book. My fault, and I will now have to take the loss if I ever sell her.

Post #531474 Thu Jul 27 2017 8:01pm
insiorc

The online service is different from Topix, here is the link - https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm
I just checked and it does list the last service type and date carried out, it's a start so you know where to go from now.

I don't think you need to prove who said what, if the relationship was good then just explain what you now know and and ask for previous records from their computer. If it was sold by or previously serviced by them they can back stamp the book for you, along with copies from their computer to back it all up. It's worth asking as you've not a lot to lose otherwise. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #531479 Thu Jul 27 2017 9:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1