RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Defender Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Defender Insurance

Just had a renewal quote in for my 1996 Def Tdi300 - last year £437, this year £972.............. reading the small print the reason is that the insured value of the car has leapt from £10,000 to £21,000...........
Edit: I've just been in to my local NFU office with the car, got a quote and inspection there and then (it is a little bit modified from a van to a stationwagon which turned out to be no problem) - quote £249-00. When the RRS is due I'll be getting a quote from them as well. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530316 Fri Jul 14 2017 11:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Have all 3 of our cars insured through NFU think I pay £400 for the 90 but it is an 09 tdci which I don't think is a bad price. Keep thinking about taking the G4 in for a more accurate quote.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #530357 Fri Jul 14 2017 9:58pm
Tim in Scotland

As well as the value increasing substantially I also now have removed my 88 year old father from the policy as NFU thought that he might also be a contributing factor to the hike in premium. I am (until Aug 5) insured with Land Rover Insurance and we had been working to an agreed value but this year they arbitrarily/unilaterally upped it. If your next renewal hikes the premium have a look and see what the declared value of the Defender is. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #530358 Fri Jul 14 2017 10:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tom0311

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Had similar with my RRS earlier this year. I pay about 440 a year. At renewal time the 'best price they could give me' was 980. So I got an online quote from the same company and gave them the reference over the phone and all was well. Down to 420. Chap on the phone thought it was ridiculous too. Switching from a 2.7 to a newer 5.0 has also dropped my premium which I don't understand.

Post #530370 Sat Jul 15 2017 5:52am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

£21k for a 300TDi? Shocked

Post #530371 Sat Jul 15 2017 5:52am
Tim in Scotland

I don't understand either Mickey - but I was offered £15k for it in June by a dealer so how much would they be selling it for once they had removed a few dents and resprayed it? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #530375 Sat Jul 15 2017 7:19am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Indeed. Prices have gone nuts recently

Looking forward to rebuilding mine now Cool

Post #530377 Sat Jul 15 2017 7:33am
Tim in Scotland

I have just spoken with LR insurance .......... 'Ah sir there is a mistake on your renewal letter, unfortunately everyone who received renewals that day was quoted £976.........you should have been quoted £512 to renew' so I asked if they could match NFU's quote with better cover and genuine LR parts.......... for £250 - ' no sir we cannot go lower unfortunately because we use only genuine Land Rover parts for repairs.......' The callcentre operator didn't listen to what I had said. So after nearly 20 years of no hassles or claims I have cancelled my cover. Land Rover Insurance is really a company called "Original Insurance" underwritten by Allianz. I wonder why they made no effort to contact me by phone (they have my number) and tell me that there was an error on the renewal quote.......... that printing error is going to be an expensive mistake if others have already gone out looking for alternative quotes for same or better cover and found how much cheaper they can get cover elsewhere 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #530540 Mon Jul 17 2017 11:28am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Some companies ( maybe most?), and not just insurance companies, still have not got the message. If you make a mistake and correct it quickly and efficiently, you lose very little. If you try to blag your way out of it or close your eyes and hope it just goes away, you'll lose business. And the old marketing adage that says it's much easier and cheaper to retain an existing customer than to try to get a new one is even more true today. And you'll never get back one you Censored off
And in these days of social media ( this forum being one such example) it won't be just one upset customer you'll lose, you run the risk of losing a whole load more!

Get a grip and learn to nurture and support your customers and they'll come back for more, buy more from you, and tell their friends how good you are.
Sorry. Rant over. Ex-marketeer will now shut up Smile Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #530600 Mon Jul 17 2017 10:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Eaters, you are right - companies who treat clients in a dishonest/misleading or offhand manner reap what they sow - they cannot whinge when customers leave.
JLR is a very good example these days and they are returning to the awful days for customers of the 1980's and 1990's up to when BMW ran the company and whenthey drove a far reaching quality scheme through the company and dealerships - not just for the products but also for the way they treated every customer as valued client. Another is BA, in the 1970's and 80's you avoided BOAC and BEA like the plague, in the 1990's they were leading the industry for customer relations - they were so good at it that they even had a department where they ran courses for other companies teaching them how to treat "customers" either internal or external - It was called Service Habit. I worked for P&O Containers in those days - 100's of seastaff at a time were taken to London for 3 days to be trained how to treat customers (not just those to who we sold a service but also our work colleagues who we might need to do things for us) to get the most out of them............ it worked too! But look at BA now - senior management disrespecting lesser staff who are the front people for the company, who when things go wrong then disrespect the people who pay their wages buy buying plane tickets. They can no longer tag themselves "the World's favourite Airline" because customers do not perceive them as being a quality out fit any longer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #530610 Tue Jul 18 2017 8:05am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Tim,

Have to agree with you 100%. BA "Strive for mediocrity and fail to achieve it"!
I am currently having a battle with BT over broadband packages and just keep getting fobbed off in the hope that I'll go away (been ongoing since the 8th July and I still haven't gone away!). If there was a reasonable competitor out there I would be using them right now, but I'm afraid BT have a monopoly in this part of the world.

Sorry to have diverted the OP. Rant for the day over, now back to BT Customer Service!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #530625 Tue Jul 18 2017 9:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1