Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > MY First RRS 3.6 TDV8 2008
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ferret15

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black
MY First RRS 3.6 TDV8 2008

Hi all

My names Ben and I’ve been reading the forum for the last couple of months and last month I was the very proud own of my first RRS. I (my wife) did have a baby Range before getting rid of it. So I thought I would take a few pics and introduce the new love of my life Very Happy

I purchased a 2008 3.6 after lots of searching and a number of viewings. It’s done 100,000 miles and to my knowledge is in pretty decent shape.

So far it’s been behaving its self. There was a little front end rattle which ended up being bolts on the anti-roller bar not being tightened enough and steering wheel rattle at 60mph. But after taking it to my garage, it turn out that whoever put the wheels on did not fit the wheel spacers. Ever since I have not had any shaking.

I had a suspension fault show up a couple of time when raising and lower and also a message saying water in the fuel tank Shocked . but after thinking that I sore the red battery light come on, I decided to have the alternator replaced as I’m not sure if or when it had been done. Since the replacement to more fault message have come up. So fingers crossed that was the issue.

So hopefully with the few issue sorted I can start to make a list of a thinks I want done to my RRS. First of refurb the calipers and get rid of the wheels (not my cuppa tea)

Here are a few pics, hope you like Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #528970 Sun Jun 25 2017 2:13pm
BKHK

Australia 

Nice looking car Ferret, It looks very clean. I agree about the wheels. I don't like modded cars, preferring the OEM look. I think that upholstery colour is relatively rare.

I will collect my 3rd RRS on Saturday. It will be my daily driver. Its a 2010 5.0 V8 HSE Luxury (non supercharged) in Alaska White. I haven't owned an RRS since 2011. Mine also has a FLRSH with books so I hope its OK. Like you, its first stop will be my local Indy. A good Indy is often the best idea.

My M3 always goes to an Indy who uses all genuine BMW parts, actually, he is art of a trial to appoint a few "approved" independents here. I don't trust BMW dealer servicing after taking my wife's Mini to my Indy who showed me what hadn't been done over the previous 4 years. Modern Dealer servicing is inspect, tick and flick.

Post #529049 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:04pm
Ferret15

Thanks BKHK. I really liked the colour combination on the inside with the interior but just assumed that maybe it wasn’t original as I had never seen it before. So a bonus if it is.

The wheels are also 22s which you can really feel on the ride (I think). I was going to sell them until the wife had a fight with a kerb on day 2 of ownership....... and lost on.

ATM my wife is using this as her run around to drop kids off to school etc. At 21.7MPG it’s a little thirsty for the job, but every bit fun.

5.0 sound nice, let’s see some pictures when you get it. I would have liked to have gone for a 2010 but slightly out of budget this time around.

Post #529058 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rare.............. that colour was never offered on any RRS until the 2010MY facelift! A previous owner must have had the interior re-upholstered. I does look good but not keen on the wheels...... a bit "gangsta" for RRS. They look like 21's or 22" so the ride may be a bit harsh compared to being on OEM 20's that the suspension was tuned for. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #529061 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Cant see the pics it comes up with a stream that says you may be hacked when i click to open them Censored

Post #529062 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:59pm
Ferret15

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Rare.............. that colour was never offered on any RRS until the 2010MY facelift! A previous owner must have had the interior re-upholstered. I does look good but not keen on the wheels...... a bit "gangsta" for RRS. They look like 21's or 22" so the ride may be a bit harsh compared to being on OEM 20's that the suspension was tuned for.

I thought it may have been something like that as i have not seen that colour on an 08 before. and i agree with the wheels. They need to come off quickly!

Post #529064 Mon Jun 26 2017 3:07pm
Ferret15

geoffsnook wrote:
Cant see the pics it comes up with a stream that says you may be hacked when i click to open them Censored

geoffsnook not sure? i just tried clicking on them and it was fine.

Post #529066 Mon Jun 26 2017 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1