RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY17 Status changed to Car Being Built
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Amarb

United Kingdom 
MY17 Status changed to Car Being Built

Hi. I ordered my car on 31st May. I was given a delivery date of 21st Aug. A few days later I was given a revised date and was told my car will be fully built by the 28th July and then a further 4-5 for delivery to me. The status of my order has just changed now to "Car being built" does this indicate that I should receive the car a lot earlier than the 28st July. Also does anyone know how long it actually takes to build the car?

Note. Delivery to me is in London.

Post #528869 Fri Jun 23 2017 6:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

From start to finish is around 28 hours from a flat piece of steel sheet to the completed thing running off the production line. I can highly recommend a factory visit, it is fascinating and while not a cheap day out I reckon it is well worth the cost. Once your car comes off the line there are two routes it can take
1) If there is a shortage of a component or it doesn't meet the (apparrantly low!) QC standard of inspection it will remain in "hold" at Solihull for remedial work then (or if it is OK at first attempt) it will go to Gaydon for final QC and go to the distribution centre.
From the distribution centre it will depend on if your dealership has it's own transporter and they can collect it when called up - this happened with both of my Evoques as the dealerships involved had their own transporters - or it can wait to go out on LR's own distribution transporters which may take longer.

To give you an idea my current car was built overnight 18/19th March 2015. In the afternoon of the 19th the dealer called me to say they had the VIN (it is actually available about 1 week - 10 days earlier) and the car was built and on the way to Gaydon and they expected delivery on the 24th March to Barnett as they were using the LR distribution service for deliveries. On 25th March I was told it had completed PDI and was registered and taxed. On 26th March I left home in the exchange car and on 28th 5pm I drove my new RRS out of the showroom and round to Hanger Lane for an overnight stop before driving it north on the 29th. The picture in my avatar is of the RRS shortly after arrival in the hotel car park at Hanger Lane on 28th March 2015. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528873 Fri Jun 23 2017 8:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Just out of interest how can you get updates on revised build dates without asking your dealership, is there another way?? Thumbs Up

Post #528876 Fri Jun 23 2017 9:17pm
Amarb

United Kingdom 

I have a point of contact for my order at the dealer. They just email me and tell me.

Post #528902 Sat Jun 24 2017 11:12am
Tim in Scotland

Amarb, you have a pretty good dealer then as many dealers cannot be a*sed to contact customers spending lots of money with them about the progress of their new car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Jun 24 2017 12:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #528905 Sat Jun 24 2017 12:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Amarb

United Kingdom 

I'm using Rockar Land Rover based in Stratford Westfield. So far they seem quite good. It's all online based and I can log in to see my progress and they add notes via the online system to give updates.

Post #528909 Sat Jun 24 2017 12:39pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Can you let me know what the online system is called and how to get login details, as I will try and make my dealer play ball. However I don't hold much hope.... Banging Head

Post #528912 Sat Jun 24 2017 12:51pm
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Hi Amrab
I ordered mine through Rockar and have to say they excellent. Tom Parker dealt with all the slight problems very professionally.
Would recommend them to anyone.
Better than two local dealers who couldn't be a*sed to even ring me back, when I made the enquiry for mine...

Bet you can't wait ??

Cheers
Nod RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #528978 Sun Jun 25 2017 4:29pm
Amarb

United Kingdom 

yes, so far so good.

I ordered my RRS in Santorini Black and the MY17 models have Black lettering. I wanted this to be in Silver and they are replacing the lettering for me at the dealership once the car comes in.

Nod1 - How long after your status changed to "car being built" was your car actually delivered?

Post #529011 Mon Jun 26 2017 12:38am
Nod1

United Kingdom 

They started mine Eater week and I was given a handover date 19th May. However, there was a hold up and I actually picked up the car from Solihull at the experience centre, after having the full JLR experience, which is awesome, but a little pricey, but well worth it.

Tom, Chris or Michelle should be able to nail it down further. Let me know how you get on. Tom is really a great guy

Cheers

Nod RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #529026 Mon Jun 26 2017 9:42am
Amarb

United Kingdom 

Thanks.

Ive spoken to the dealer and though the car is being built they say the build will be completed on the 28th July and then begin transit to them, so I'm not sure why it will take that long.

Post #529133 Tue Jun 27 2017 11:57am
Tim in Scotland

IITC the factory shuts down for a couple of week in July for annual maintenance 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #529138 Tue Jun 27 2017 12:35pm
Amarb

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland - Crying or Very sad Just my luck hey!

Post #529139 Tue Jun 27 2017 12:36pm
wilf

Tim in Scotland wrote:
IITC the factory shuts down for a couple of week in July for annual maintenance

Thought it was the first two weeks of August? And usually, production after the break is of the next MY cars. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #529194 Tue Jun 27 2017 8:18pm
Amarb

United Kingdom 

@ wilf - that would be good news for me.

As of today it has been one week being built and still no other movement, hopefully by this time next wee I will have some news.

Post #529292 Thu Jun 29 2017 7:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>