RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > My First - MY17 Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 Ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The guides and dealers will always tell you when they value the car that, eg, an HSE with every option on it is still only sellable as an HSE, no value is added in the guides for 99% of options but there are some that will still be highly desirable to have and as Wilf says make the car easier to sell on. I would say also there are speccable items to avoid - eg no pano roof when it is a no cost option, no cooled centre cubby box when it is an NCO, no metallic paint when it is an NCO. My last car had every option except the spacesaver spare and smokers kit - I have learned my lesson on optional extras but thankfully two of the option packs I had specced (Lux Pack and Plus Pack) made the car into a separate (higher value) model in the guides - I got nothing for the Black/Stealth pack........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528731 Thu Jun 22 2017 8:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I wonder if the existing discounts available for 17 models still be in place for the revised 18 models? It would be useful to know as I'm ready to order as soon as info becomes available on the 18 model...

Post #528738 Thu Jun 22 2017 10:36am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I would expect the discounts to ratchet back a bit on my 18, you will probably have to use the online discount route as dealers will try to say they cannot discount the new model, just wait a bit longer & they will eventually discount them.

Post #528739 Thu Jun 22 2017 10:45am
forest172

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
The guides and dealers will always tell you when they value the car that, eg, an HSE with every option on it is still only sellable as an HSE, no value is added in the guides for 99% of options but there are some that will still be highly desirable to have and as Wilf says make the car easier to sell on. I would say also there are speccable items to avoid - eg no pano roof when it is a no cost option, no cooled centre cubby box when it is an NCO, no metallic paint when it is an NCO. My last car had every option except the spacesaver spare and smokers kit - I have learned my lesson on optional extras but thankfully two of the option packs I had specced (Lux Pack and Plus Pack) made the car into a separate (higher value) model in the guides - I got nothing for the Black/Stealth pack...........

but try and get the stealth pack on a LRA car at the same money as non-stealth. Dealers want it all ways

Post #528740 Thu Jun 22 2017 11:36am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Totally agree that's my point, cars similar to mine are retailing at £66-67k & they want to buy in at Cap clean basic spec price of £56k & come across as they're doing me a favour! Bearing in mind I'm taking an AB at £85k with a decent value pcp.

I think they can jog on for now, also there is huge price disparity on the approved used site, very similar cars on age, mileage, model, options, colours etc are up to £10k difference between dealers?

Post #528755 Thu Jun 22 2017 3:37pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

yeah. My Dynamic is similar to yours. Listed at £77.5k lots of options, but I paid £69.9k. Stealth pack too. Does look ace

But I can`t see one anywhere for less then £67k and even that is a gash colour with other bits missing

I`m keeping mine. Was going to go MY18 but to start with they won`t have the discount, but after 24 months will and the loss will then be eye watering. Don`t know about you but I paid cash and lent £20k from sainsbury`s over 36 months. Interest only about £800 over the term, not the £10k like LR PCP`s. So should help with the overall loss

Post #528756 Thu Jun 22 2017 3:45pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Yes I'm thinking the same, wait another year and go for the my18, or even march 19 as if the brexit carry on ends badly not many people will be buying RRS in the U.K. so deals should be out there.

On the off chance I might wait until early September & ring round a few of the larger groups to see what stock AB's they have in & see if I can get sensible pricing agreed then on a my17 which I would be happy with if the deals right overall.

It's an awful problem to have keeping a 10 month old stunning SUV like we have for another year or so 😂

Post #528757 Thu Jun 22 2017 4:04pm
peanutbob

Agreed, there is quite a disparity on 2nd hand prices between dealers. My local dealer has shed loads of Sports for sale, including a nearly comparable 16 plate AB Montalcino (possibly not the best colour) with 15k miles at £61883.00 which presumably covers some discount of £1k for negotiation. Mine is a 15 plate AB with 15k also in Firenze, so I would fully expect them to list it at just under that price and accept close to £60k. Against a new AB they value my car at £53k, and maybe a bit less if I went for a 2nd hand model. Bearing in mind they need to do nothing to it as it is pristine and just serviced the margin dealers want to work on these days has increased somewhat from £3k in the past to at least £7k and over now. If they worked on more realistic margins then flow would increase.

Post #528772 Thu Jun 22 2017 5:36pm
peanutbob

I would add that if I had been interested in purchasing the showroom Discovery 5 Lux in black with silver roof, my p/ex price would jump to £57k, which indicates the current situation ref D5 sales....

Post #528777 Thu Jun 22 2017 6:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

D5's have huge QC issues if you read the D5 forums............ I wouldn't be buying a low miles late plate one at the moment as it is likely to have been a "buy back" by the dealer who has had to supply a new car to the original owner, done nothing to the broken one except wash it and stick an approved used label on it. It seems LR are loosing loyal D3 and D4 owners who have gone for a D5 and now regret it.

I heard on the lunchtime news today that JLR has made more cars this year than ever before.............. maybe they should also take a bit more time and get them built properly before handing them over to likely to be disappointed owners. InControl Pro seems to be causing a lot of heartache for not only Land Rover/ Range Rover owners but also Jaguar XE and F Pace owners. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528781 Thu Jun 22 2017 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peanutbob

Indeed. On the D4/5 forums there has been much discussion ref the appearance, reliability, comfort and pricing ref the new D5 and against JLR overall sales, sales of the new Disco have apparently reduced by 16pc in May vis a vis May 16. Some of this might be attributable to to revised excise duties in April, but deliveries pre April were limited.
However, many Land Rover dealers are now consolidated into the hands of the large dealers who are ruthless in their approach to the bottom line, with total staff churn within their network and as a result a complete unfamiliarity with their past and regular customers. I used to know most of the staff in my local dealer but now every time I return all the staff are new from other non LR dealers with a lack of knowledge of the vehicles, and customers and a clinical attitude to sales. The PCP has been their cash cow or the goose that lays the golden egg! It accounts for the bulk of Uk car sales for now, but possibly not long term.
I have seen consolidation in business so many times in the past which has resulted in a lack of comprehension by management fed on large salaries and shut all day in business meetings, so that they are distant from reality. In the end what comes around goes around and the market reasserts itself.
So, imo support your independent dealer if you have one, they will be the future.

Post #528785 Thu Jun 22 2017 7:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123