RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > finally gone and done it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

markymarkf

United Kingdom 
finally gone and done it

well after a few months of yes and no i placed and order today.

SDV6 HSE in Capathian Grey, upgrded 21in alloys, red calipers, Pano sunroof, ebony/ivory interior. still thinking about the fixed side steps.

The deal was were i wanted to be 7% but i did not stop at that, also got 5 year service along with tyre and wheel protection.
they were reluctant but i kept pushing. I was in the dealers for 3 hours think they wanted rid of me in the end Rolling with laughter

They where a little off base the part exchange price on my GLC as an estimate they based figure on now and not September when i collect but not to worry i plan on selling it privately.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and support it really did help with my negotiations Bow down

Post #527544 Sat Jun 03 2017 8:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Congratulations on your order, I hope that it all goes smoothly.
Possible reason for not getting the value you wanted on the GLC is that they are not easy vehicles to shift on from a non-Mecedes forecourt and it will probably get moved on through an auction and they base their valuation on what the cars are achieving at auction. Reason that they are not easy to move on........ like you everyone wants an RRS! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #527554 Sun Jun 04 2017 7:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Marky and sounds like you got a great deal too. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #527555 Sun Jun 04 2017 8:09am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

I will look at the market in the next 6 weeks or so, I guess if i price it to well under dealer used prices but make a couple grand more than part ex offer i will be a happy bunny

My biggest concern is finding someone with that amount of free cash to spend

Post #527588 Sun Jun 04 2017 3:22pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

flipped my deal on it's head today and changed my order to a HSE Dynamic, added colour coded side sills and contrast black roof

i would be crazy not to!! with the increase in dealer discount £ (because it cost more so got more discount) and the little bit extra in deposit contribution and a higher GFV plus £1,500 extra deposit from myself this came in at a WHOPPING £6 per month extra

Don't shoot me but i also changed the colour of White. just saw a few grey ones together in a service station car park and i was put off. SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #528383 Sat Jun 17 2017 6:14pm
Tim in Scotland

Personally I think you did the right thing HSE to HSE Dynamic, even if you don't intend to go down the odd green lane you have trick suspension and the ediff that will make quite a difference to the handling/ pull away performance. Changing to white............... I think that there are now so many white cars on the roads that people have got over them and silver is making a return. I also think that the various blacks are getting very common - I have spent a week at a very expensive hotel in Denmark and barring one solitary White Volvo V40 all the other cars were black - they looked so depressing and all showed their road dirt very clearly - most were XC60's and XC90's but there was also a Santorini L494 among them. I just wish LR would bring back some of the really popular brighter blues like Bali, Monte Carlo and Mauritius. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #528388 Sat Jun 17 2017 8:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrFox1969

Australia 

Just spent the weekend in Melbourne.

Of the 10 or so RRS/FFRR that I saw, 1 was black but the rest were white!!! 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #528429 Mon Jun 19 2017 4:37am
wilf

If you like white, then buy white, it really doesn't matter what other people think or already have.

Good move going to the Dynamic spec though - the car is really transformed by the trick suspension when you want to press on. But still wafts when you don't. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #528432 Mon Jun 19 2017 6:52am
Ozsport

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

DrFox1969 wrote:

Of the 10 or so RRS/FFRR that I saw, 1 was black but the rest were white!!!

Well Fuji White is the only colour in Australia that Land Rover don't charge extra for, not sure if that is the case in the UK?

Post #528529 Tue Jun 20 2017 8:09am
Tim in Scotland

It is one of the few that are No cost here - I would love to know how many owners have specced the Satin paint finishes that are available - I bet very few owners want a car that permanently looks dirty........ and that it costs £7000 extra as well. I would sooner have the top spec Meridian Audio which has just had a price hike than a flat paint finish 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #528531 Tue Jun 20 2017 8:12am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Ozsport wrote:
DrFox1969 wrote:

Of the 10 or so RRS/FFRR that I saw, 1 was black but the rest were white!!!

Well Fuji White is the only colour in Australia that Land Rover don't charge extra for, not sure if that is the case in the UK?

It is a little different here in the UK you can choose from standard, metallic and premium metallic all at no extra cost SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #528538 Tue Jun 20 2017 9:11am
Ozsport

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I thought as much, we get slugged every which way here Big Cry

Post #528539 Tue Jun 20 2017 9:15am
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

White? All self-respecting drug dealers have moved away from white so you should be OK.

Robert

Post #528547 Tue Jun 20 2017 9:41am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Ozsport wrote:
I thought as much, we get slugged every which way here Big Cry

Yup!!!

$2160 for METALLIC
$4330 for PREMIUM METALLIC
$8500 for SVO PREMIUM PALETTE – ULTRA METALLIC
$14600 for SVO PREMIUM PALETTE – SPECIAL EFFECT COLOURS AND SATIN MATTE FINISH 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #528647 Wed Jun 21 2017 9:00am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Not sure where to go from here . As most of you know I changed the spec on my car to a HSE Dynamic. This resulted in the dealer having to place a brand new order . This was all done on the 17th June, Up to now I've not heard a peep out of the sales person since the 19th saying car has been ordered. As I'm selling my current car privately I could do with a delivery date.

Should I have heard something by now?. I'm quite happy to take delivery in September, but just find it strange that I've had no further information. Not even a build date.

What should my next steps be? SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #531967 Wed Aug 02 2017 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>