RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Considering new AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

m13lky

United Kingdom 
Considering new AB

Just thinking about putting a lump sum into my pcp on my current Hse dynamic which will be a year old in September, I am really happy with the car after various new X5's & X6's so would be happy to keep it until 2.5 years old & change.

However I thought I'd do a build on line to see what a new current model AB would come in at per month with the lump sum added to that instead of the putting it into my current car & it would be around the same as keeping my current car.

So my main question is what discounts are people getting on new order V6d ABs current model of course?

Then do you think I'm daft considering it just now?

Thoughts please?

Post #528402 Sun Jun 18 2017 10:20am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Take a look at the figures on a new SDv6/SDV8/5.0ltr Autobiograpghy compared to a low miles used SVR.............. problem with the used SVR's on the LR Approved used website is that colours/ spec I would like are at dealerships that have a really bad reputation with forum members....... I would like either Estoril, Corris or Indus and most certainly don't want a Santorini one. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528406 Sun Jun 18 2017 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Tim, I get what you are saying about the svr but this is the wife's daily driver around town, school run etc but we use it for all our family trips etc so I want the better mpg with the diesel, also I will buy with LR pcp to achieve the best deal overall if we do change.

Thanks for your comments, svr maybe 5 years away yet for me! Interested to hear what they offer for yours part ex though, I feel that maybe the problem for me as I will just keep what I have if they start quoting we buy any car valuations!

Post #528408 Sun Jun 18 2017 12:13pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

A new SVR does not old it's value well on a PCP, according to Landrover website on a 4 year PCP the GFV is £41,140 where as the HSE Dynamic SDV6 i have ordered comes in with a GFV of £39,934 and AB GFV of £45,539

as for discount push hard as the face-lift is not to far away but they are still taking orders for the my17 model.

I worked hard for my discount as they don't like to go above 5% i managed to get 7%(use carwow and drive the deal they as they seem to always match the offers from these) plus £1,000 deposit contribution (they seem take the full contribution and half it to cover some the discount) then push them a little bit more as i got service plan, tyre and wheel insurance included in the deal. They where not great when it came to park ex price but that does not bother me as i will be selling mine private as i have plenty of time until the middle of September SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #528411 Sun Jun 18 2017 12:56pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Tim - There's an Estoril Blue SVR at Conwy Landrover. It's been there for at least 5 weeks , though as the trees are in leaf probably not a lot longer. I saw it there early May parked at the back of the car park when I was looking at a FFRR. They also have a recent white SVR as well. So, there's probably a good discount. Also, they offered me 7pc discount on a new pre facelift RRS AB plus £1500 contribution if financed, which could be cancelled afterwards.

Post #528417 Sun Jun 18 2017 5:59pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have noticed that at some of the (how shall I say this?) more rural/ country town dealers SVR's do seem to hang around but in the bigger towns and cities they move on quite quickly. I'll have another look on the LR website for those two though PB 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528422 Sun Jun 18 2017 8:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Aaah well....we just takes our time. Ain't no big rush hereabouts.
Just watching Poldark Laughing

Post #528423 Sun Jun 18 2017 8:53pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

markymarkf wrote:
A new SVR does not old it's value well on a PCP, according to Landrover website on a 4 year PCP the GFV is £41,140 where as the HSE Dynamic SDV6 i have ordered comes in with a GFV of £39,934 and AB GFV of £45,539

as for discount push hard as the face-lift is not to far away but they are still taking orders for the my17 model.

I worked hard for my discount as they don't like to go above 5% i managed to get 7%(use carwow and drive the deal they as they seem to always match the offers from these) plus £1,000 deposit contribution (they seem take the full contribution and half it to cover some the discount) then push them a little bit more as i got service plan, tyre and wheel insurance included in the deal. They where not great when it came to park ex price but that does not bother me as i will be selling mine private as i have plenty of time until the middle of September

Mark, if you don't mind me asking which dealer did you order from? I'm based in the south of Scotland & don't mind traveling so will go where needed to obtain best deal, I'm giving my local dealer a chance this time, seem to be playing the game just now but will see what they come back with.

Post #528436 Mon Jun 19 2017 8:24am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

I used Stratstone the one in Newcastle was not very good and did not seem interested in selling me a car so i used one of companies smaller sites Houghton-Le-Spring near Sunderland, Great bunch of guys.

I even went in on Saturday to change my spec from a HSE to HSE Dynamic, even tho my first order was locked in at the factory and could not be changed they had no hesitation in ordering me another, Guess they will just put the first order in the showroom or sell it to someone for a good deal SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #528451 Mon Jun 19 2017 10:43am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Mark

Thanks I'll try my supplying dealer at Cheltenham also stratstone first to give them a chance then try yours if needed.

Malc

Post #528453 Mon Jun 19 2017 10:49am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Update on my AB search, finally I have ordered a new stock AB which I found in taggarts run out stock of my17 cars, Firenze red, stealth pack, black roof, full black leather, a few other toys, exact spec we were looking for! Should be built by the end of the month with delivery early November. Best trade in offer from them however I have sold mine to a prestige dealer for £6k above Cap clean this month so it's gone! 9% approx of the new car inc deposit contribution. There are only around 70 stock AB's left currently in build so I've been told, most are black, white or grey but there are some out there with good deals to be had if you push them.

Roll on November!

Post #538090 Wed Oct 11 2017 2:07pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations m13 , spec sounds lovely. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #538092 Wed Oct 11 2017 2:20pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

peanutbob wrote:
Tim - There's an Estoril Blue SVR at Conwy Landrover. It's been there for at least 5 weeks , though as the trees are in leaf probably not a lot longer. I saw it there early May parked at the back of the car park when I was looking at a FFRR. They also have a recent white SVR as well. So, there's probably a good discount. Also, they offered me 7pc discount on a new pre facelift RRS AB plus £1500 contribution if financed, which could be cancelled afterwards.

I’d be very careful with purchasing from Conwy LR Llandudno Junction. Their service and customer care is awful, they are expensive and several complaints of chips and dents on cars including those put in for service. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole myself. A couple of members on here and me have had problems with them. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538151 Thu Oct 12 2017 1:06pm
syl

United Kingdom 

markymarkf wrote:
A new SVR does not old it's value well on a PCP, according to Landrover website on a 4 year PCP the GFV is £41,140 where as the HSE Dynamic SDV6 i have ordered comes in with a GFV of £39,934 and AB GFV of £45,53

Unfortunately the GFV on an SVR bears absolutely no resemblance to the reality of what LR dealers are selling them for a couple of years later, even after taking into account that they need to make a profit on them!

Post #538160 Thu Oct 12 2017 3:25pm
Darbs

United Kingdom 

Johnski wrote:
peanutbob wrote:

I’d be very careful with purchasing from Conwy LR Llandudno Junction. Their service and customer care is awful, they are expensive and several complaints of chips and dents on cars including those put in for service. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole myself. A couple of members on here and me have had problems with them.

I purchased mine from the Conwy dealership, had great service from them even when it went in for warranty work.
Took the car to Guy Salmon for a service and it came back with a scratch 50mm long on the passenger door !!!
The worst dealer I've been to was Stratstone in Hanley, receptionist talked to me like I was a loser 😳 Obviously didn't have the right attire on, (tweed jacket and jodhpurs !!!) jeans trainers and a t-shirt didn't seem good enough 😩

Post #538179 Thu Oct 12 2017 9:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>