Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > L320 Gearbox update reset adaptive values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
L320 Gearbox update reset adaptive values

Hi folks

I've read a recent post about an L494 gearbox update fix resetting the adaptive values, and wondered if this might be similar to what I'm finding with mine.

At the last service I reported the well known hesitancy when taking off from a junction where you get nothing, then everything, usually leaving you shooting out like a teenager in a Nova with whaletale (ok, I'm going back a few years with the Nova...). I got a gearbox update, confirmed with a before and after IID Tool check.
At first I didn't think it made any difference to the hesitancy but I was deliberately trying to provoke it. During normal driving I haven't had issue's but this could be due to a subconscious change in driving style to prevent it happening.

But what I have noticed is an increase in engine revs during normal driving/acceleration. And returning to the L494 post, I'm now wondering if this could be due to the adaptive gearbox having been reset by the update? I quite liked it changing up early, normally around the 1500 rpm mark but now it's over 2000 rpm before the change up. I'm not knowingly accelerating any harder. My driving style is probably quite boring now with usually having bairns in with me, but also after a 4.6 P38 as my daily driver you notice the consumption difference with higher engine revs, I'd often have to briefly lift the throttle to provoke the torque converter to lock so I got lower revs for the same steady speed.

So is it likely that the gearbox will re-learn my boring driving style and go back to earlier gear changes (the previous owner must've been boring too as it's been the same since I got it)? Or is this likely to be part of the fix, to increase the revs?

Thanks

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #528021 Mon Jun 12 2017 6:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dennis, if you have paddle shifters then short shift it to the higher gear and it will learn that you want to change up early if the next gear will allow it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528022 Mon Jun 12 2017 7:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Thanks Tim

Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place there...higher revs or those Censored paddles Laughing

The only time I remember about those Censored things is when I inadvertently bump them. I'll try to give it a go - which one is up and which down............ Rolling Eyes

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #528025 Mon Jun 12 2017 7:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will soon find out if you pull the wrong one - either screaming revs or no shift! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528028 Mon Jun 12 2017 8:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1