RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > OBD Protector - Cat 6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Yes, that is the habit I have formed. Makes me far less angry !! Cool

On my wife`s manual car, the stop-start works when you select neutral and release the clutch pedal, which makes sense. It is the removal of control by causing the engine to cut when the car is in drive that I do not like. That, coupled with the delay whilst the torque convertor gets up to speed after the restart, leaving you stranded when you want power.

Last edited by Black Bess on Fri Jun 09 2017 7:55am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #527839 Fri Jun 09 2017 7:51am
mlines

United Kingdom 

I was nearly caught out by the lack of low ratio but got lucky.

I have had a number of Mark 1 Range Rover Sports which, of course, came with low ratio as standard. When the new one launched I was invited to a number of launch events including one at Solihull, Gaydon and London. The ones they showed and we drove were all fully equipped so we happily used low ratio on the off-road driving sections.

I then didn't buy one as Land Rover had effectively "pulled the ladder up" by the pricing of the new models and by "de-specifying" the products so all the extras I would have wanted just to bring the new car up to the spec of the old car meant it was not affordable.

A few weeks ago a friend in the trade phoned to say to get over to his garage quick as they had just taken an 18 month old sport which was fully loaded in part ex. against a new one and I could have it for the trade in price.

I rushed over and purchased it.

It was only when I got it home that I realised that it did have low ratio but could have so easily not have had. I tow my boat up and down slipways once or twice a month and also park the boat/trailer in a field so low ratio is essential. It could have been a sorry tale if I had impulse purchased one without low ratio and is such an easy thing to overlook when moving from the Mark 1. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #527840 Fri Jun 09 2017 7:54am
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I am glad you had that lucky escape with your car. that is the situation that I found myself in. Having run a P38 for 8 years and an L320 for 9 years, I did not even check for low-range when looking at a 3 year old L494. Caveat emptor, I know, but I had no reason in my mind to think that low range would not be there. I have now learned a lesson, that I will never again buy a car from a main dealer without inspecting all the controls fully, checking under the bonnet and under the car too.

I have a 24 foot box trailer for a racing car, which I have to reverse up a long drive to my garage. Low-range is so useful for a nice slow reverse without even needing to add power whilst snaking the trailer in. I can do it without low-range, but it is so much better with.

Having had this car for a while, I am convinced the LR not only removed weight from the RRS2, but also a chunk of build cost too.

Adam..

Post #527841 Fri Jun 09 2017 8:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12