RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Bizarre pink dye / stains on interior after rain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MaximusDM

Bizarre pink dye / stains on interior after rain

Hi this is odd, so whilst parked in my RRS (ebony / ivory interior) I opened the window to give something to someone whilst it was raining as you can imagine some rain got inside. However i then noticed the droplets on the ivory interior were pink in colour. I then set about scrubbing as it seemed this would stain and took a while to get off. I assumed perhaps it was something from a tree that blew in but the same thing has now happened on the passenger front and back whilst simply opening the doors to get in whilst raining, there seems to be a pinkish water / dye on the interior?!! Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Post #527690 Tue Jun 06 2017 9:16am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

sounds strange, have you had the car washed or anything with those coloured foams they use?

or been parked near a building site with bricks been cut etc

Post #527693 Tue Jun 06 2017 12:58pm
MaximusDM

when it first happened on the driver side I assumed something from the nearby tree must of blown with the rain and caused it but now it's happened on the other side passenger front and rear on different occasions. Maybe as you say something from a previous wash although never had it previously on the Disco sport but that was ebony so might not have seen it. Will see if it happens again.

Post #527694 Tue Jun 06 2017 1:27pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

If you drip a bit of clean water on the leather does it go pink? MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #527697 Tue Jun 06 2017 2:36pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Bizarre pink dye / stains on interior after rain

MaximusDM wrote:
Hi this is odd, so whilst parked in my RRS (ebony / ivory interior) I opened the window to give something to someone whilst it was raining as you can imagine some rain got inside. However i then noticed the droplets on the ivory interior were pink in colour. I then set about scrubbing as it seemed this would stain and took a while to get off. I assumed perhaps it was something from a tree that blew in but the same thing has now happened on the passenger front and back whilst simply opening the doors to get in whilst raining, there seems to be a pinkish water / dye on the interior?!! Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Acid rain from the poor environment ? How polluted is the air and rain ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527781 Thu Jun 08 2017 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1