Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Tyre Pressures and Oil Level
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

scrumps wrote:
Welshian wrote:
Thanks for all advice, yes wait approx. 10 mins and oil level readings can be obtained, with regards to tyre pressures I got myself a pressure gauge and tested it against a calibrated reading in my local garage and would you believe it, that what is measured using the service menu is within +/- 1psi Shocked
Incidentally the readings for the front was ok, 33psi but on the rear one was 30 and the other 39psi. So much for the dealer checks Whistle

Hi,

You DO NOT have to wait 10 mins.

Simply pull the bonnet release, get in and press the start buttton (without your foot on the brake).

Press "OK" to clear any warnings ( including'bonnet open' )- once they are clear, do the oil check as normal but when it comes up "unavailable" press 'cancel' on the cruise control twice - hey presto - your oil level shows! Whistle

Allow for the oil being cold and don't forget to shut the bonnet!

You don't think the techs at the Dealer wait 10mins on every service do you? Very Happy

Scrumps.

Scrumps, super tip and many thanks. I love my RRS and the only major gripe I have about it - is that you have to go through this daft procedure to check the oil level.

Many thanks
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #527212 Wed May 31 2017 10:54am
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Rich wrote:
Whatever happened to the dipstick! In my view this is taking things too far. It takes longer to check oil now than it did with a dipstick and you never actually see the oil so you have to trust the system. I also dislike the electronic handbrake. I much prefer to be able to "feel" the brake application as you pull the handbrake on.

I know it is called progress but some is unecessaary in my view.

The thinking is that since there is an electronic feed, why not use it? and also many owners would never check the oil anyway. Meanwhile electronic handbrakes are a precursor, and indeed necessary for, autonomous braking systems. But I am with you... both are absolute Censored !

It takes 20 seconds to lift the bonnet and check the oil the old way, whilst I would submit that an owner who would not do that will not look at the electronic output either. Meanwhile I do not want autonomous braking and all that nonsense, I want to drive the car myself strangely enough.

Incidentaly, the proximity sensors on the L494 are so slow to act that you can drive right into an obstacle before they warn you, unlike the L320 version which counted you in nicely. If that is the shape of autonomous safety systems; watch out pedestrians!

Post #527334 Thu Jun 01 2017 9:30am
Mouse

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Maya Gold

When I did an oil check it said half full I read somewhere that it would tell how much oil to put in but mine says Ok? Half full surely it needs topping up when half full? 2014 tdv6

Cheers
Steve

Post #552068 Thu Mar 22 2018 7:28pm
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Yes, I would add about a litre to bring that up to the max. Make sure you use the correct spec, C1 or C2 oil to protect the DPF.

Post #552091 Fri Mar 23 2018 10:17am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

scrumps wrote:
Welshian wrote:
Thanks for all advice, yes wait approx. 10 mins and oil level readings can be obtained, with regards to tyre pressures I got myself a pressure gauge and tested it against a calibrated reading in my local garage and would you believe it, that what is measured using the service menu is within +/- 1psi Shocked
Incidentally the readings for the front was ok, 33psi but on the rear one was 30 and the other 39psi. So much for the dealer checks Whistle

Hi,

You DO NOT have to wait 10 mins.

Simply pull the bonnet release, get in and press the start buttton (without your foot on the brake).

Press "OK" to clear any warnings ( including'bonnet open' )- once they are clear, do the oil check as normal but when it comes up "unavailable" press 'cancel' on the cruise control twice - hey presto - your oil level shows! Whistle

You don't think the techs at the Dealer wait 10mins on every service do you? Very Happy

Scrumps.

Christ i wish i had know that for the last eight years , very interesting. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #552098 Fri Mar 23 2018 12:36pm
Busa1400

United Kingdom 

How useful is that !! Fabulous

Post #552120 Fri Mar 23 2018 6:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12