RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Enlighten me on the Autobiography.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I'm torn on what colour to go for, my heart says white as it looks awesome but what is the most popular?

My HST was black and I loved it but the paint was so soft it would marr at the touch of a sponge and would need detailing all the time Big Cry

Post #500399 Fri Jul 08 2016 9:23pm
gilford

Well, totally flipped this on it's head and bought a Cayenne GTS Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Will come back to the RRS ATB in the future.

Cheers for all the info.

Post #500820 Thu Jul 14 2016 4:48pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Congrats! Don't forget to keep us updated on how you get on with it Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #500821 Thu Jul 14 2016 5:11pm
gilford

Loving the V8!

This things shifts, and I've just sold an M4!

Consumption ranges from from 26mpg on a leisurely cruise to 8mpg playing in sport mode with the exhaust on! It amazes me how this thing can handle so well, puts the Sport to shame in that department, but I'd say the tech in the RRS is slightly better (The Porsche PCM system has always been a bit behind the times).

I love the look of the Range Rover Sport but cannot get my head around the £60k asking price for a 2013/14 ABT, I think at that price they will plummet over the next 12 months.

Post #500920 Fri Jul 15 2016 2:30pm
milesg

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

I too am coming from an M4. Pick up my new Jan 16 4.4 RRS Autobiography Dynamic. Black, with Ivory leather and silver/grey pano roof. Black alcantara roof lining. Love it!!

Post #526919 Sat May 27 2017 7:34pm
gilford

Talk about bumping an old thread!

While we are on the subject, the GTS only lasted a few months, sold it and bought a new RS6 Laughing

Post #526920 Sat May 27 2017 7:51pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Fletcher wrote:
Wow wow wow . Back the truck up . There's nothing wrong with mood lighting. You must be doing something wrong.
1 chose a colour ( not red )
2 pull up at the traffic lights
3 quick glance at the opposition
4 select dynamic mode and watch your chosen colour turn red
5 what's not to like .

Can you tell I've got it .

How about my extra mood lighting? Lol Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
[/img] Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #526923 Sat May 27 2017 8:20pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

gilford wrote:
I love the look of the Range Rover Sport but cannot get my head around the �60k asking price for a 2013/14 ABT, I think at that price they will plummet over the next 12 months.

Ow yes it has,,they are now offering me 48.5k in px for a supercharged,,same year & same mileage & they want 56k for theirs....I told him to go get f@@@@d & put Fone down on him.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #526937 Sat May 27 2017 9:57pm
gilford

Yep, just looking on Autotrader the prices have really come down, glad I didn't get one now!

Post #527087 Mon May 29 2017 8:36pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Hi Gilford

How did you get in with the Cayenne GTS? Did you not enjoy it as much as you thought would?

RRS prices have really slid, so many or them around on the forecourts now. I've been trying to p/ex my 15 plate AB with 15k miles for another one, but the offered prices are pretty low with the dealers expecting to profit by about £5k judging by their sale prices even allowing for them to discount by £1k.
However, at least the current RRS is now being discounted...best I have got is 6pc plus £1500 contribution if I took out finance....

Post #527099 Tue May 30 2017 7:58am
kmpowell

Trade values haven't suddenly slid, they stay in-line with LR finance agreement projections and have to be kept consistent to ensure they don't get stung by masses of people handing cars back mid-finance agreements. The problem here is the used screen prices had/has such a massive spread.

For example when I bought my RRS last November it has just turned 12mths old. From a screen price point of view it was at the very bottom of a ridiculous price range which had some identical cars with a screen price of £10k more than mine! So somebody who bought at the top of the spread will now have £10k more of negative equity to factor in to the usual depreciation. GFV's are set on model/age/mileage, not on the price on screen.

From a 'new' POV GF's are softer the later on in the model year, so anybody buying new now will have worse off depreciation than somebody who bought new 2years ago.

My car has a GFV of £45k when it reaches 4 years old (in 2019). So LR will ensure the depreciation is spread consistently along the term, or I will just hand it back without penalty and they will be stuck with lost interest and a car that they will have to sell at a loss.

Since I bought mine the screen prices at the bottom of the range have dropped £3k, which equates to a depreciation of circa £450 a month, which is about what I expected. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Last edited by kmpowell on Tue May 30 2017 12:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #527112 Tue May 30 2017 11:42am
gilford

peanutbob wrote:
Hi Gilford

How did you get in with the Cayenne GTS? Did you not enjoy it as much as you thought would?

RRS prices have really slid, so many or them around on the forecourts now. I've been trying to p/ex my 15 plate AB with 15k miles for another one, but the offered prices are pretty low with the dealers expecting to profit by about £5k judging by their sale prices even allowing for them to discount by £1k.
However, at least the current RRS is now being discounted...best I have got is 6pc plus £1500 contribution if I took out finance....

It was a lovely car don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't for me, didn't lose a penny on it though so all good!

I think what we are seeing with prices is the "seasonal shift", when I first started looking at RRS's last summer my ideal age/spec/mileage was £60k, when I was actually looking to buy Autumn had hit and prices seemed to jump to over £65k, is it now that prices are rejecting the nicer summer months?

Either way, I'm glad I didn't jump in and get one at the higher price, the RS6 is a monster of a vehicle and will keep me happy for a while now, I will come back to this though but hopefully a newer model in the future.

Post #527115 Tue May 30 2017 12:16pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Dealer told me to keep it till aug-sept as prices are best then & it will probably creep up slightly.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #527117 Tue May 30 2017 12:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is a seasonal price fluctuation for 4x4's - people buy used ones in anticipation of a hard winter and prices go up with the extra demand - same as prices of convertibles goes up if we have a hot spring and then deflates again in the autumn when thoughts turn to how wet and cold they might be in the winter. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #527122 Tue May 30 2017 2:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12