RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY 4.2 1st edition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Biggles

England 

Bobby,
Forgive the ignorance. What does Boleh stand for. Question Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #521 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:28pm
Biggles

England 

Bobby,

Your's will look like this.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

But I am biased as it is the same colour as mine will be. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #522 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:36pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
Bobby,
Forgive the ignorance. What does Boleh stand for. Question

No problem, Biggles. Boleh means 'can'. As in can do. It is a Malay word, which is the official language of this country.
Sometime back the government decided to spur the people to do things to challenge the world and to encourage the masses to go forth and ... (multiply?). No, it was just to say that we 'can do also'.

Somewhere along the way, we started using this phrase even when things go wrong, especially when its the establishment thats at fault and the common man had no recourse ....

Hope the above explins, Biggles. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #523 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:39pm
Bobby

Biggles wrote:
Bobby,

Your's will look like this.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

But I am biased as it is the same colour as mine will be.

Yes, Biggles. And no, you're not biased - if something looks beautiful you have to say so! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #524 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:41pm
Biggles

England 

Thank's Bobby,

I think we could do with some Boleh at my dealers if they are to get my RRS before our holiday on the 1st July. Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #525 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Biggles, you should get yourself to Malaysia for a holiday - especially if you are into beach holidays. KL is an amazing city. I call at Port Klang regularly and have left the ship there several times to fly home on leave and spent a day or two seeing the sights. There is a big Land Rover population there too, all sorts from the real oldies to the latest modern landies. Prefer Malaysia to the frantic pace of Singapore although Singapore is a nice plece to have 2-3 days shop till you drop type holiday, but then you need to find somewhere less frantic to get over it!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Jun 25 2005 7:33am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #526 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Biggles,
I seriously pray you get your car in time.
And I thought I come from a thirld-world country ..... .

You should take Tim in Scotland's advice. Some very nice places to visit in this region and yes, Malaysia is a little laid back compared to Singapore. But its cheaper!! Breakfast might cost you half a quid and a decent lunch maybe a quid (not those fancy 5-Star places though).

We've had landies here as far as I can remember and that goes more than half a century!! We were ruled by the British for more than a hundred years you know, old chap! So you can guess how those landies arrived here in the first place.

Tim, now we've overtaken Singapore where shopping is concerned - those guys shop here too!! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #527 Sat Jun 25 2005 12:47am
martin edwards

United Kingdom 

Come on Andrew! everyone is waiting for pictures, Crying or Very sad people accross the globe wanna see it Very Happy

Post #531 Sat Jun 25 2005 6:28am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bobby wrote:
Tim, now we've overtaken Singapore where shopping is concerned - those guys shop here too!!

I kmow Bobby, last year I was looking for a pocket sized digital camera as I was tired of carting around a monster digital SLR............. I knew what I wanted , which was a Fuji F700 which, despite rave reviews was not then onsale in the UK but estimated price was going to be in the region of £800 with a pokey wee 8mb XD card for memory. Went hunting for one in Singapore and found them at about £600 there and with a 16mb card. I left the ship in Klang and flew out via the new KL airport and got one there for £550 but the price included a 256mb XD card AND a 16mb card and the shop holder even threw in a mini tripod/ g glamp so I could clamp it onto my Defenders dashboard and take pics and video as I drive along. The shop keeper told me he only sold them with the bigger card thrown in as then you had enough memory to take a decent amount of video! So at the end of the day I got a camera which not available on the UK for another 3-4 month at a huge saving and a vast amount of memory card for free! I can get 400 photos or 35minutes of video with sound onto that card and can take pics with up to 6mpixel resolution with the camera.
I would love to have eneough time to visit more of Malayasia but as I have to leave the ship as a seaman and not a passenger then immigration rules require me to leave within 3 days Sad

Post #533 Sat Jun 25 2005 7:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

If you are a "Landy anorak" and you visit Malaysia, you should check out the Cameron Highlands. This is the tea plantation area in the high mountains in the North. The tea is planted on terraces hacked out of the jungle and everywhere you look there are landrovers. Mainly Series 2 and 3 but some even older and a few newer. The vehicles work very very hard for a living but through ingenious maintenance they all seem to keep going and going. Who knows, maybe in 30 years or so they will be using bob tailed RRS's up there .....?

Post #534 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:11am
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

yeah ok, maybe i don't put enough into the forum, but do i post pictures of the good side or the side with the dodgy paint !! Evil or Very Mad

Post #536 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:46am
Bobby

Tim,
Glad to know you found a good bargain in Malaysia. The new airport is impressive eh?

Smarticus is right. Cameron Highlands (founded in the 1880s by some British surveyor named .. you guessed it - Cameron) is a holiday hill resort with the famous tea plantations. And yes, I would say it has the most Defenders in this country!! Mostly used by vegetable farmers, you will find machines easily 30 years old.

I understand that many of these landies are still robust where the chassis is concerned but most of them have had the engines replaced by Japanese makes. Apparently the owners swear that their landys perform better with the Japanese engines. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #537 Sat Jun 25 2005 9:28am
Biggles

England 

Andrew,

Dodgy Paint Exclamation Exclamation

Tell me more, after waiting all this time I dont want to be hearing any horror stories.
 Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #538 Sat Jun 25 2005 10:01am
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

Biggles

picked the car up on Tuesday and all seemed fine, but on Wednesday afternoon when the car had been parked outside work in the sun all day and got hot, the paint on the driver side rear door started to show signs of colour bleaching along the edge just below the window. I was soon on the phone to dealer and by Thursday afternoon they had photos e-mailed to look at, bodyshop technicians agree there is something wrong and want to see it in the flesh, all very well bt it needs to be hot. Now I know it is there, you can see it regardless but would prefer them to see it at its worst. Will more than likely need the door respraying, what hastle !! So if you have time to sit around while the sun gets your car hot when you collect it, you will soon see if it is ok.

Do you really want to see it ?

Andrew

Post #546 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:10pm
Biggles

England 

post some pictures if you can Andrew.

Have seen over on disco 3 some people are having trouble with paint quality as well Shocked Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #547 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>