Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Paperwork, lookers west London
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nowaytk

England 
Paperwork, lookers west London

Just thought I'd share my experience Park Royal,
It all started mid October 2016, I had a tpms fault come up on the dash and some other niggling bits like the drivers wiper/smear and the fact that I'm sure the engine sounds like it's knocking a little bit, so popped down to Park Royal (I tend not to ring as never get a call back) saw one of the service guys to be told 6 week wait ( due to courtesy car required ), ok I said so booked it in. A long 6 weeks later went down to drop it off etc to be told sorry sir we have no record of your booking 😡 After some choice words told to come back in a week, dropped it off a week later, told all done so picked up, 'reset it sir', nothing done about other issues so would have to come back 🙄 Didn't even last 24hrs before tpms fault came up again, why do they do that? Why just reset and not think WHY? so back in again, said I needed something with a boot as swmbo is in a wheelchair, given a disco sport (not my first choice, but better than walking ) so after me having to make contact time after time to find out what's going on it was a case of "changed this sir, waiting for LR on what to do next as that didn't work" this went on for the next SIX weeks taking things into January, as the service was due mid Jan I asked if that could be done while it's in "no problem sir". Told service was done and can now pick it up, this was around the 20 something ish of Jan, great I thought until a few days later I thought hang on I've got no paperwork saying what was done / changed during fault finding plus nothing about the service, the app and the dash says the service was done but I thought you usually get something saying things like tyre depth, pad wear etc and what was done on the service ? So the calls / e-mails begin to be told sorry been extremely busy will get it to you in the next couple of days, then get told so and so has left, leave it with me I'll sort it out. Well it's now near the end of MAY and I'm still waiting, how long does it take to find it and press print 🙄, to be fair about a month ago the "service manager" said he'll sort it out for me and get it to me asap lol.
Beginning to think something isn't right about this, maybe the dealership is trying to con LR saying this and that was done but wasn't or something like that ? All I know is I'm STILL WAITING, 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Last edited by Nowaytk on Sat May 27 2017 7:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #526784 Thu May 25 2017 3:42pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I notice they are no longer listed as site sponsors but still forum member so I suggest adding the dealership's name to the subject line. Might grab attention and help towards a resolution.

I too have had bad experiences there recently but didn't mention anything on the forum until now, although when it was positive in the past, I jumped on the forum to say it. I did however provide full details when Land Rover solicited feedback and hope my comments help improve things. I also expressed my frustration about the experience to the dealership and was expecting to be contacted, if only just to see how I was getting on, but that hasn't happened Neutral Without going into too much detail, I have had issues with trying to contact people for status and with work that was not carried out (as suspected) despite specifically querying before going to collect Evil or Very Mad

Seems some of the aftersales people who cared a bit more about customers have moved on. Not suggesting a direct link between certain employees leaving and service standards falling but just an observation which may or may not be related.

Doesn't feel great considering I have referred people to that dealership both privately via the forum and off the forum too over the past few years. One particular person was having a hard time and I suggested approaching a contact there. He did that, it worked, he went on to buy cars from them and quite understandably became a preferred/VIP customer very quickly. And here I am, wishing for (but not receiving) just normal service, nothing extraordinary, that any customer should expect Rolling Eyes

No, I'm not bitter Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #526870 Fri May 26 2017 11:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sad to read the above posts as I too have received great sales and after sales service at this dealership since 2007. I used to delay services for when I was in London to have them done here too although in the last few years the service time and my appointments in London have not coincided. I do know that the service manager there was moved internally within the Lookers Group but that was 2-3 years ago and I always dealt with the same person in the service reception every time I booked a car in, maybe she has also moved on? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526873 Sat May 27 2017 5:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Tim, if you're referring to Alison, yes she has Sad Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #526878 Sat May 27 2017 7:18am
Nowaytk

England 

Thanks for the tip fkarim, let's see if it gets noticed although I very much doubt it.
To be fair to James when I've Pm'd him he has always responded, I think a few have left as Elaine who I was dealing with didn't get back to me so queried it to be told she'd left, so her boss, David I think said he'd sort it out, then found out he'd left as well, maybe I should contact again to see if the service manager has also gone 🙄, although for the life of me why no one thinks "ok, they have gone, so who were they dealing with" 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #526881 Sat May 27 2017 7:50am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

David was the service manager, unless there was more than one David.

I have also always had a response from James or even if no direct response, he gets things moving in the background. My problem is, I don't want to escalate to the business head every single time. I'm no VIP and don't expect to be treated like one - just want the level of support and service that any ordinary customer should receive. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #526884 Sat May 27 2017 8:16am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Go elsewhere?? Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #526887 Sat May 27 2017 8:36am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Like where? Proximity and practicality are major considerations when you don't have too much free time on your hands. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #526889 Sat May 27 2017 8:47am
Nowaytk

England 

DrRob wrote:
Go elsewhere??

I've been elsewhere, just waiting for the proof 👍🏻
Park Royal is about 10 mins down the road from me, but a poor experience 5 or so years ago made me go to chipperfield where I was getting a good level of service, when Park Royal moved to the new premises with James in charge thought things might of improved a tad, so decided to chance it, plus with the 40 min journey time to kings Langley made more sense 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #526896 Sat May 27 2017 11:09am
Nowaytk

England 

fkarim wrote:
David was the service manager, unless there was more than one David.

The David I was dealing with was the general service manager before he left, the one I'm dealing with now and the one I think you are referring to is the Divisional Head of Aftersales. Either way they seem to all think if they don't respond it'll go away 🙄

I have also always had a response from James or even if no direct response, he gets things moving in the background. My problem is, I don't want to escalate to the business head every single time. I'm no VIP and don't expect to be treated like one - just want the level of support and service that any ordinary customer should receive.

Same from me, doesn't sit right going to the boss all the time 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #526900 Sat May 27 2017 11:21am
Nowaytk

England 

Just to update, still no answer from emails, so decided to go down again to see what's happening, surprise surprise "he was in this morning sir but has now gone home for the afternoon 🙄 ". On the plus side the young girl who then came out to find out what I wanted, who was very apologetic to my plight disappeared back into the office to reappear 10 mins later with the elusive paperwork, now how hard was that! Only thing I did notice, was that the date on the service sheet said late April but I was told on the system it does say it was done January (just in case of any issues), I did check on topix and it did confirm January.
So looks like west London Land Rover is still the same old shower, so come service next time plus any future purchase looks like I'll have to look elsewhere IF I decide to stay with the brand that is, shame really as since the issues were sorted out, touch wood, I've regained confidence in my car and is a joy to drive / be in.
If it stays like it, might have to call this one a keeper Laughing 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #527768 Wed Jun 07 2017 9:27pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Frustrating but at least it's done for you Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #527770 Wed Jun 07 2017 9:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1