RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Manchester Terror Attack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

GodivaNige wrote:
I'm not a parent, so I have no idea what goes though someone's mind when trying to protect their children so can't and won't give advice to those in this position. It has to be a personal and family decision, regardless of outside influence or opinion.

Yes and no. As a society we can react positively or we can cower in submission. We seem to have raised an "OMG Generation" - they are straight on to social media and join in a mass hysteria over things that are no more likely to affect them tomorrow than they were yesterday. They ignore the stuff that is more likely to affect them.

I fear the media has a lot to do with this. They are playing interviews with people who, because they were involved either directly or through the loss of a family member, are in tears, in shock, are upset. This just feeds the whole cycle. I am reminded of the hysteria that gripped the country when Diana died.

Where are the interviews with the relatives of mass road deaths? Not interested because it's not a nice long story that can be played with for days or weeks to come. No back story, no "lines of investigation" etc. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #526685 Wed May 24 2017 2:28pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Special relationship not panning out very well at the moment it seems. US leaking suspect info before UK police are ready.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40026413 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #526686 Wed May 24 2017 2:29pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

GodivaNige wrote:
.................. But, and this is a big BUT... I'm not a parent, so I have no idea what goes though someone's mind when trying to protect their children so can't and won't give advice to those in this position. It has to be a personal and family decision, regardless of outside influence or opinion.

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

We and our kids have no intention of stopping enjoying life - spending the weekend worrying about all 3 of mine at a very big potential target is not enjoying life - nor will they enjoy looking over there shoulder worrying about their safety - everyone is so jumpy right now the slightest thing could start a panic and people could easily get trampled to death without any terrorist act Confused

They have sold all their tickets so others are taking their place - plenty of people are carrying on regardless so the terrorists have not won Thumbs Up

So I'm now back to worrying about all 3 of them driving from today Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #526689 Wed May 24 2017 2:37pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Car and other accidents happen, but these are accidents. We can try to do something about it by making our roads or airplanes safer.
The carnage in MCR is intentional and it's a part of a sick and evil ideology. The murders are a collective pain among a loving community. Sofar we are more or less helpless. I is hard or impossible to address the growing problem. That is the difference, the fear, that if things go out of control ( a clash of civilizations) you wont be safe anywhere.
I can hardly image, a parent waiting for their children to return from what had to be one of the greatest expirences in their young iife, and being confronted with this..

I was watching BBC, and even as a Dutch national, a grown man, could hardly control my tears, seeing all these devastated parents.

My sincere condoleances to all the British! My thoughts are with the victims and all their families. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #526693 Wed May 24 2017 3:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Security was very diar with youngsters being allowed in in with backpacks etc, you must make it difficult to get into the shows, the last 5-10 minutes of these lower key acts you can walk straight in and catch the end, or WHATEVER.
Top acts have much better security companies, there is a lot you can do to protect yourself. If your young child is going, always enforce on them the importance of knowing the quickest etc ways out and emergency exits. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #526737 Wed May 24 2017 9:37pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Police are warning of fake fundraising accounts now - unbelievable Shocked

https://twitter.com/gmpolice?ref_src=twsrc...r-40007967

They recommend using this https://www.justgivi...r#59263e909fe88 if you want to donate Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #526755 Thu May 25 2017 8:26am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

The earlier link appears to have stopped working Confused

This works https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/we...63e909fe88 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #526769 Thu May 25 2017 12:51pm
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Must admit

That car accident ref was just pure luck but saying that there was 6 in the car a micra FFS Shocked

Back to the bombing why do they always seem to be on a watchlist. The lib dems have a lot to answer for as they forced the hand of the government they now need to just place all suspects under house arrest feck their rights they think nothing of ours to lead a free life following what religion we want. There is NO true religion in my opinion and if these people say there is then it's not a religion it's a cult!!!!

Post #526771 Thu May 25 2017 1:32pm
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just got home from the One Love Concert,so nice to see people come together a great day and night.

Post #527621 Sun Jun 04 2017 11:01pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Agree - after the London Bridge attack it was even more poignant Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #527629 Mon Jun 05 2017 6:50am
adameverett

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I just got back from London from the weekend and missed the attack by 3 hours we were only stones throw from the latest incident. Things need to change, must change. Police need more snooping powers and I for one don't have a privacy issue. In the press there is another EU ECJ ruling for snooping powers going off and ruling if its legal and infringes my privacy rights. If the state wants to track my emails/calls so be it, I have nothing to hide. My thoughts are with those who have lost ones.

Post #527688 Tue Jun 06 2017 7:20am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Agree 👍 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #527709 Tue Jun 06 2017 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12