RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Which is correct - app or car?!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kmpowell

Which is correct - app or car?!?

I've just fired up the remote app for the first time in a while and I noticed a warning yellow triangle at the bottom of the home screen. 'tapped on it and it says this...

... all very well & good, but the car isn't telling me anything of the sort. Nothing on the dash, and nothing in the system as far as I can see, unless it's hidden?

With the service dept closed on a Sunday, I was wondering if anybody here has had this warning before?[/img] SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #526485 Sun May 21 2017 12:56pm
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

It came up on my app. within 2 weeks of getting the car. I deleted the app. re-installed it and no problems since. current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #526486 Sun May 21 2017 1:14pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Ive had service and low washer fluid illuminated on InControl Remote for months (since the last service in fact). They are woking on it. Service light disappeared yesterday. Washer fluid light still lit. 

Post #526494 Sun May 21 2017 6:27pm
matsoutback

Australia 

There was an update to the app on the 15th of May. Goto the App store on the phone and check for updates.
It may have addressed some of these issues. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #526504 Sun May 21 2017 10:34pm
kmpowell

Thanks guys, I've deleted the app and reinstalled, but it's still there.

I'll give the dealer a call to confirm, but I suspect it's an error. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #526528 Mon May 22 2017 2:46pm
kmpowell

Just to add an update to this. The issue was with the car, not the App!

Today when I took the car in for its service I was told it would have software update to cure the issue of the car not telling you it needs a service! My invoice/service printout shows:

"Carried out service action N010 Service warning message not displayed".

So for those of you who has this in the app, but not in the car, you might want to double check that your car actually needs a service or not.

Neutral SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532080 Sat Aug 05 2017 12:43pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
out of interest Whistle how long had it been since the last service Question

have PM LRCR about a "service and Warranty" question

Thumbs Up

Post #532114 Sat Aug 05 2017 10:01pm
kmpowell

It'was 12 months since the last service. I do minimal milage, so I reached time before distance requirements.

The car went in for a bunch of software updates a couple of months ago, so the N010 I had today is def' a new software update.

Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532118 Sat Aug 05 2017 10:56pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, N010 started showing up on my Topix only recently so is definitely new. So is "N025 - Independent oil dilution counter reset".

My app is showing service due (already booked for next month) but haven't noticed whether the car is telling me that or not. Last year both car and app were definitely consistent so if it isn't working now it must have been broken by one of the software updates that have been applied since the last service. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #532119 Sat Aug 05 2017 11:10pm
kmpowell

I also had N025 done, and as I've mentioned in THIS thread, the N024 update also done has totally cured the suspension creaking when the car was lowering to access height.

N010, N024, N025, and topping up the AdBlue FOC, were the other things done outside the normal 2yr service. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532123 Sun Aug 06 2017 7:56am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

N024 didn't make any difference to my suspension. Still hear faint creaks and an occasional quiet knock when lowering but it is all so muted that it doesn't bother me. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #532138 Sun Aug 06 2017 9:58am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
My app is showing service due (already booked for next month) but haven't noticed whether the car is telling me that or not. Last year both car and app were definitely consistent so if it isn't working now it must have been broken by one of the software updates that have been applied since the last service.

Still working for me ... car's dash tells me service required in a certain number of miles. I think it just extrapolates the number using time elapsed and miles driven since the last service rather than the actual recommended mileage interval (driven nowhere near that since last service) or condition of oil/filter. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #532225 Mon Aug 07 2017 5:14pm
kmpowell

fkarim wrote:
N024 didn't make any difference to my suspension. Still hear faint creaks and an occasional quiet knock when lowering but it is all so muted that it doesn't bother me.

Now I've had the update for a week I can understand why it was previously creaking. The car now lowers front first, then part way through the back goes down. Before the update it would lower on opposite corners in a circular pivot motion, which I assume caused the creaking. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532478 Thu Aug 10 2017 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1