RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Extras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

paulmoz10

United Kingdom 
Extras

Hi guys I have a MY17 on order for September and still have time to add some extras to the spec

I have ordered a 3.0 HSE with privacy glass and a stealth pack

On reading a lot of posts over the last few weeks I have noticed that people have mentioned about extras that add/keep value so don't actually increase the monthly payments by much.

What optional extras add/keep the most value?

Post #526020 Sun May 14 2017 9:13am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would suggest the following:
Fixed Panoramic Roof
Heated Steering wheel
Full Size Spare.

None of them will enhance the value of the car at sale time but they won't loose as much as something like the top notch audio HUD or massaging seats - people just won't pay extra for those items on a used car. The best attitude is to KISS (keep it simple stupid!) after all an HSE with every single option is still an HSE, better to go for the next model up in the range than to to heap options onto a lower spec model if you are trying to keep residuals in control. If you want a good idea of what will retain most of its value take a look at the cars a dealer orders for their own staff / courtesy cars or for stock - they only order options that will enhance the chances of a sale. My own car was ordered by the dealership as a director's car but I took it off their hands 2 days before it was built so I couldn't change the spec - it is an HSE Dynamic with metallic paint, 22" wheels, privacy glass and fixed pano roof, I live in Scotland and the car is left on the drive year round I would have added the heated steering wheel and changed the big wheels to smaller if I had been speccing the car. I added the dealer fit front and rear bash plates (a mistake as while they look nice they are useless for their purpose and cover the mounting point for the recovery/ towing eye!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun May 14 2017 3:51pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #526022 Sun May 14 2017 9:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
syl

United Kingdom 

Extras I like on my wife's, so would want to get on mine, are:

Heated steering wheel
Heated and cooled seats
Blind spot monitor
Spare wheel
Powerfold mirrors
Adaptive cruise
Panoramic sunroof
360 degree sensors
Meridian audio
Adaptive headlamps

Things I'm not bothered about are:

Park assist
360 degree cameras
Mood lighting

Post #526032 Sun May 14 2017 2:31pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Extras don't add value but make the car more desirable to some at resale. A pan roof is a must IMHO.

I think you got confused as in some posts we mention if you move up from an HSE to an Autobiography then your monthly payments don't go up too much more as you get a lot more car for your money and the GFV (gross final value) would be more on a higher spec car (i.e AB) than an HSE.

Post #526040 Sun May 14 2017 7:25pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

Somebody on here suggested that some options have more of an effect on the residual value (and therefore the monthly PCP payments) than others, but they didn't elaborate further. Not sure whether there's any substance to the claim, but be interested if anyone has any concrete proof.

Post #526086 Mon May 15 2017 10:52am
syl

United Kingdom 

It's easy to find out - go to the website and build a base car, then get a finance quote and look at the final payment. Repeat, this time adding some options. I believe the final payment stays the same and you pay for the options in their entirety over the PCP period.

Of course, although you don't get the value back when you come to trade the car in, the dealer might charge the next purchaser more!

Post #526088 Mon May 15 2017 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1