Carpathian Grey
82%
 82%  [14]
Total Votes: 17

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

donny dog

United Kingdom 

The 6% I got for 1 March delivery was from Stratst0ne. The first 4.5% came easily, the rest a lot harder. However, I cannot for the life of me see why you can't at least get that, especially with a face-lifted model coming soon after you would be taking delivery. (Have you tried Rockar, by the way?).

Post #525958 Fri May 12 2017 8:06pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

My deal was from stratstone in Cheltenham, 6% discount plus £1k deposit contribution, free service pack & free pure guard, I bought a stock vehicle from them which had the exact colour scheme & spec on as I had just built that week on line, I took mine on the 1st of September, again mine is a my16.5 & the 17 was only a few months away which is a similar situation to just now. It doesn't matter what dealers tell you as their September & march targets are a lot higher than the rest of the year, just keep ringing round & using the internet companies as a lever & you will get to where you want to be.

There is always a dealer out there who will do a deal, try hunters as they were very close to the deal I got with stratstone but did not have the colour spec I wanted coming into their stock.

Try the Edinburgh dealers & Peter Vardy in Aberdeen these are all very keen discounters & will fly you up & pay for a hotel aswell if required.

I always look on getting a new car deal as a bit of fun as it is a game of poker with a lot of these guys, but you always have the upper hand as in my opinion, as they need you a bit more than you need them, as there is always another option if you don't mind traveling!

Good luck.

Post #525984 Sat May 13 2017 7:54am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

thanks again for the advice it really is helping, I'm not the best negotiator but definitely learning some tips from the site

spent some time contacting dealers this weekend from the top of the country to the bottom and only a couple have come back to me

Hunters Land Rover response

Just for complete transparency if you were to order a new Range Rover Sport from us you would be looking at a September delivery at the earliest. Most retailers are in the same position with build slot availability and with this in mind we could not get close to what you are looking for, apart from the finance deposit contribution.

If you have been offered 7% or close to it I would honestly bite their arm off right now for it as I haven’t heard of anyone offering a deal that good

Marshall Land Rover

they have come back with 7% +£750 deposit contribution.

I'm still playing the game, deal has to be spot on to take a my17

Post #526043 Sun May 14 2017 6:46pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

When I ordered my car, LR were offering £1,500 to go with the dealer's £1,500, giving you £3,000 finance contribution. Understandably, the dealer didn't want to fork out their half as I'd already got £6,000, but I still got the LR half. Maybe the deal has changed, but £750 seems a bit stingy.

Post #526050 Sun May 14 2017 8:43pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

yeah the finance contribution at the moment on a HSE is £1,500 HSE dynamic is £2,000 and Autobiography £3,000

the dealer then takes off 50% if getting a discount

Post #526054 Sun May 14 2017 9:11pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

You'll have to get an Autobiography then! Wink

Post #526061 Sun May 14 2017 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12