RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Advice on a new RRS order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Foxblue

United Kingdom 

I have decided to wait for the MY18 but happened to see a Velar on the road last weekend and it has upset my plan a little. Some great advice on here re PCP and discount, I would only add that although they may drop the discount on MY18 the likely increase in GFV could or should offset this (only on PCP obviously).

Post #525297 Thu May 04 2017 6:12pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Foxblue good point about the increased mgfv but mine which is a my16.5, is only around 1500 less than the 2017 if you build the same spec car online now, I had nearly 8k off mine but it is an Hse dynamic which is specked as an ab, I never realised at the time I could have got the ab for the same or less payments, however mine was dealer stock so I took what I could get near to the spec I wanted & obtained the best discount I could get.

I understand this approach doesn't work for everyone however in my mind my interest in my Pcp was nearly paid by doing this deal or a good bit of depreciation was paid for. My local dealer was not even showing the deposit contribution on their website at the time & told me verbally there was no discount available, i.e. Take it or leave it! I had no problems leaving it I may add!

There is always a deal to be had on these vehicles as long as you don't mind travelling & your spec is not to exact in my opinion.

Post #525299 Thu May 04 2017 6:39pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Foxblue wrote:
I have decided to wait for the MY18 but happened to see a Velar on the road last weekend and it has upset my plan a little. Some great advice on here re PCP and discount, I would only add that although they may drop the discount on MY18 the likely increase in GFV could or should offset this (only on PCP obviously).

Why did the Velar upset your plans?

Post #525300 Thu May 04 2017 6:41pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

It hasn't upset my plans yet but have to admit it looks good on the road. I am tempted to stick a deposit down but the delivery will likely be Q2 2018 now and it's a bit too far off, added to which i think it better to let others iron out the creases (only joking mate)!

It's a good looking car, though possibly more estate than SUV in appearance, not quite the presence of an RRS or FF, but pretty cool.

Post #525302 Thu May 04 2017 7:15pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

Sorry OP i should've added that I would spec a full size spare, for the price it's a no brainer.

Post #525305 Thu May 04 2017 7:58pm
econ

United Kingdom 

Hehe thanks. You guys have all been very helpful.

I'm kinda tempted to buy a used <20k mileage RRS 3.0, have it for a year or two and then look to get a new one specced exactly how I want, with the ironed out velar-style facelift? Is that a better idea than buying new now? I dunno.

Post #525310 Thu May 04 2017 8:38pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Foxblue wrote:
It hasn't upset my plans yet but have to admit it looks good on the road. I am tempted to stick a deposit down but the delivery will likely be Q2 2018 now and it's a bit too far off, added to which i think it better to let others iron out the creases (only joking mate)!

It's a good looking car, though possibly more estate than SUV in appearance, not quite the presence of an RRS or FF, but pretty cool.

I'm sure many more will face the same dilemma when they see a HSE Dynamic R velar! I was hooked when I saw itnon 1st March for the first time. The comments around it being an estate are not true as compared to the ride height of an X5 its actally better and most pictures online are of the car stopped which is when the ride height drops Thumbs Up

Post #525319 Thu May 04 2017 10:05pm
Canary

England 

I saw this car parked in the shopping district of Edinburgh last week and it looks great, however it definitely looks more estate like no doubt about it. Not a criticism more like a note of interest!

Had it been cheaper I may have given enough it a second thought but I'll stick with RRS for the time being. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #525346 Fri May 05 2017 8:14am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I think the lower ride height was to compete with the Macan...as long as it looks and drives good (and bloody works!!) that works for me Cool

Post #525352 Fri May 05 2017 8:58am
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

I saw one on the move, it does sit fairly low and as I said it does have more of an estate car look, but it is pretty and stood out against all the other bank holiday traffic. I often see pre-launch JLR stuff locally and think there must be a senior test engineer living somewhere nearby.

Post #525364 Fri May 05 2017 10:48am
econ

United Kingdom 

I saw one in Westfield. Didn't quite come across like an estate but it didn't fulfill the SUV appeal that an RRS gives me.

What do you guys think of my idea to go for approved used for a year or two then switch out for a new one after all the dust has settled?

Post #525365 Fri May 05 2017 11:00am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I think at the moment you could probably get a better deal on a new one rather than a used one if you try hard enough Wink

Post #525376 Fri May 05 2017 12:24pm
econ

United Kingdom 

As in just by going to a salesperson and asking for a discount, saying the new model is out soon so pls give discount? Lol. Or are you suggesting using a more creative tactic?

Also carwow might be alright

Post #525381 Fri May 05 2017 12:53pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing Use carwow as a starting point and work your way up to a good deal. Some people on here have got up to 10% off and some even more Wink

Post #525382 Fri May 05 2017 1:01pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I agree with RRS man I think you would get a better deal on a new one than used, the well specked low mileage used ones are only a few grand less than you can get a discounted new one for, some are even more expensive. Best bet to go to a large dealer group with multiple Land Rover dealerships who all have access to the stock that's coming to the group thats available to purchase, i.e. Stratstone or hunters etc

Also try buyacar, orange wheels etc, similar to carwow, use all the tools available to you to drive the best deal, not everyone buys these cars & they need buyers as much, if not more than we need them!

Post #525410 Fri May 05 2017 5:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>