RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Advice on a new RRS order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

So here are what I see pro's and cons for the SDV6 and SC 3.0 - A bit of background I have had the old shape RRS in TDV8 and 5.0 SC (loved it, but not the fuel bill) for last 3 years I have had a Disco 4 SDV6. Over Xmas I had 2 loan RRS SDV6 - the engine was much the same as the Disco, but the car was far superior. I missed the petrol and had the UK market offered the 3.0SC for the Disco 3 years ago, I would of ordered it. So what do I think now;

3.0 - SDV6 an awesome engine, without a doubt the best diesel engine in the LR tool box. Nice sound reasonable MPG (my Disco averaged 29.7) - tons of torque - 0-60 same as the SC. If you order a Dynamic HSE you will get the Dynamic Response and the Red Brembo brakes better fuel consumption and its slightly cheaper to buy. Downside for me is its still diesel and after 63k miles in the Disco it was starting to sound like one and was losing its refinement. Petrol is slightly cheaper now (about 9p per gallon) so the real cost of MPG is not that much different.

3.0- Supercharged - For me its like a mini SVR, the noise is brilliant and will get better, the smile it gives (more tunnels), but it was also missing the petrol for me. I wanted back to that world and could not find the money for the 5.0. Am I taking a chance? Yes, Santander have ballooned £35k to the end of a 4yr deal so maybe they think diesels are a dying bread... My MPG at the moment is averaging 27.9 so 2mpg in it, but at 9p a gallon cheaper i think it will break even - The really bad side of the SC is no Dynamic response (even the log book say dynamic) but in this case its cosmetic as proved by the brakes too.... its a bummer and its hidden in the small print. That said I saw that before ordering... but I am not hammering through twisty roads or racing round tracks, i can (so far gently) push it harder than I did my Disco.

At the end of the day its about choice, I personally read/see diesels will take a hit (of course we dont know really what mpg they do? Wink ), the downside is when everyone switches back to petrol the bloody fuel companies will flip the scales and petrol will be more expensive than diesel again.

Good luck in what you decide... but in any event you will end up with an awesome car Thumbs Up GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #525176 Wed May 03 2017 3:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum, in short if I was you and considering an HSe I would keep it as basic as possible, as others have said going for the dynamic & specking it as an ab will probably work out more expensive on monthly payment rather than taking the ab which would need very little in extras, if you went for a near standard ab you should get around 8% discount between deposit contribution & discount using on line suppliers to get where you want to be but I think if you wait & go for the 2018 model later this year there will be either no discount or very little.

If I was you I would start shopping around in June/July then try & get a near standard ab that fits your spec requirements from one of the large dealer groups stocks for registration on the first of September, if the 2018 changes are quite major as people in the know on here are predicting, the large groups will have stock vehicles or phantom orders going through to hit their September & end of quarter targets as these are run out models.

If you really want an exact spec or colour then obviously the above won't help!

Good luck anyway & enjoy the battle with the dealers!

Post #525182 Wed May 03 2017 5:43pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

So what can we expect from these 'big' 2018MY changes? Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #525197 Wed May 03 2017 8:02pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Velar style interior, LED lights, new grill is my guess.

Here's some spy shots of the FFRR:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1102594...=100604657

See pic #8-10.

Same will be in the sport.

Post #525201 Wed May 03 2017 8:49pm
econ

United Kingdom 

I'm not sure if that's an improvement. Is it?

Post #525270 Thu May 04 2017 3:16pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Have you seen the new system?

Post #525271 Thu May 04 2017 3:23pm
econ

United Kingdom 

I haven't, no. What's the best way to see it? Is there a good youtube video or something?... going to the dealership and doing that takes so long. I went down to my local RR in west london last weekend and waited for an hour and still didn't get seen. Ridiculous...

Post #525273 Thu May 04 2017 3:26pm
econ

United Kingdom 

I haven't, no. What's the best way to see it? Is there a good youtube video or something?... going to the dealership and doing that takes so long. I went down to my local RR in west london last weekend and waited for an hour and still didn't get seen. Ridiculous...

Post #525274 Thu May 04 2017 3:26pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Post #525275 Thu May 04 2017 3:30pm
Farmer Chalk

My ten pence worth...I have a L494 and have completed 54,000 miles in two years circumventing London and driving in the City on a daily basis...

I have a 3.0 litre diesel HsE Dynamic and love it....I will be replacing mine fairly soon and my spec will be very similar...

The options mine will definitely have are upgraded stereo which is awesome, heated steering wheel ( can't believe I'm saying this but until you've tried one you haven't lived, sliding pano roof which makes it light and airy, Dynamic pack for those escape days ( as it handles like a scolded cat when it's live) remote heating because on a frosty day it's brilliant not out scraping your windscreen whilst all your neighbours are...

Stuff I wouldn't have... park assist, mine has got it and in 2-3 years I've never used it, lane assist, for the same reason, additional water bottle ( despite huge motorway miles I've yet to empty the main one and have never refilled the aux one ever!

The side mirror alerts are brilliant..especially in London where they pick out the motorcyclist coming down the outside lane...

Additional things I would spend my money on... a load restraint system because every time I open my boot the entire contents of the boot fall out on the floor...lastly a bloody good alarm and tracking system! As you live in the hottest spot in the world to own a RRS! Shocked

Post #525281 Thu May 04 2017 4:14pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Farmer - my front and rear screens clear in less than 30 secs on frosty morning with the standard screen heaters so why spend so much extra on park heating just to get the screens cleared? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #525286 Thu May 04 2017 4:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
econ

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't be so bothered about the screens - is it not good just for warming the car up? That usually takes a good 5-10 minutes when its freezing cold no?

Post #525287 Thu May 04 2017 4:56pm
wilf

Heated sterring wheel is all I need for frosty mornings, the car warms up very quickly. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #525288 Thu May 04 2017 5:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I guess it is down to how quick is acceptable, who uses the car, length of journey etc.

Heated steering wheel may be great but for driver only. The passengers don't get any benefit out of it. Same for heated seats ... while I have front climate and rear heated seats, we have no use for the rear heated ones as my children haven't grown out of child seats yet. On cold weekend mornings when I take my kids to classes, they appreciate the preheated car. I do too because I don't want to spend about half of the 10-15 min journey in a cold car (which happens when I forget to turn remote heating on), then it warms up only to go cold again when it stops after a few minutes. Also, when parked and waiting, I can use the park heat function rather than having to start the car. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #525293 Thu May 04 2017 6:00pm
Farmer Chalk

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Farmer - my front and rear screens clear in less than 30 secs on frosty morning with the standard screen heaters so why spend so much extra on park heating just to get the screens cleared?

Because when you get in the car it is lovely and toasty! It's like running from your living room and getting into another living room albeit with a better stereo and no whinging whining women and kids....pure bliss! Very Happy

There is also something quite evil in my head...especially when I hear my missus scraping the screen on her car before she goes to work and hear her moaning and groaning...I have a wry smile on my face, press my remote button, put the kettle on and enjoy a cup of tea..... then quick catch up on the forum on my iPad.... hardest decision is whether I put my fleece on or not... then walk out to my car which is all lovely and warm, windows defrosted select some BeeGees on the stereo and go to work?..what more can a man ask for? If I'm a little chilly I switch the heated steering wheel on.....

Last edited by Farmer Chalk on Thu May 04 2017 6:22pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #525296 Thu May 04 2017 6:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>