RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Multimedia Failure and Reboot - please help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Skybudda

United Kingdom 
Multimedia Failure and Reboot - please help

Hi everyone, I have owned a RRS new from October 2014. A recurring problem is that the screen sometimes freezes, not registering my inputs until several seconds delay. The buttons on the steering wheel sometimes don't work to activate the MMS and worst of all, the entire screen just turns itself off and the whole system reboots. Its like it shorts out. You can even here the 'arcing' sound. I cannot recreate this issue and it appears to be random.
The car has gone back to the original dealer 4 times and twice more to local dealer (I recently moved house) for this issue. They have been very good in telling me that they have upgraded software, but cannot recreate the issue so they just hand the car back. They cannot find fault codes and so that's the end of it. They tell me the 'arcing' is not physical electrical arcing so shouldn't be alarmed that the system will go up in smoke. Its sooo frustrating. Can anyone suggest anything that perhaps the dealer has missed or am I simply destined to have a electrical glitch for the period of my ownership. The car is still under warranty until October this year. Thanks very much.

Post #525160 Wed May 03 2017 1:57pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I had an issue with my cameras going blank and flashing, kept being told there is nothing wrong with it.

I then made a video when it happened and sent it over to them, they ended up replacing everything and resolved the issue.

It seems when you have video evidence they finally do something about it.

Post #525168 Wed May 03 2017 2:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1