RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > For owners who don't want dealer washing their RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
For owners who don't want dealer washing their RRS

This was posted on another forum by a member who was trying to stop dealer washing his DS and I know some of you have had this problem and thought I'd share Cool

Print, fold, cut and hang it Very Happy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu9ag3b9u0plgqx...hanger.pdf Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #524104 Thu Apr 20 2017 9:17pm
Bigbore

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Excellent Thumbs Up RRS SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey,Premium Ebony Black leather,MY12 Autobiography Exterior Design Pack,22"Diamond Turned Rotor Alloys,interior LED's/Number plate,boot LED's x 2,rear entertainment,HD Dash cam,ALIVE Remap,Bumper DRL's

Post #524119 Fri Apr 21 2017 5:36am
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I've had my service center have my car polished professionally twice now due to them washing it with what looks like a broom nicely caught on my dashcam. If they do wash it, make them fix the swirl marks they inflict as it is damage.

Post #524129 Fri Apr 21 2017 9:04am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

Wish I had one of those the other week when mine went in to the dealer. Car was spotless when it went in but looked like they had parked it under a tree near a building site when I picked it up.
They made a big thing about how they washed it for me. When they brought it round they had missed the roof completely and the rest of the car looked like they sprayed it with neat truck wash and just left it to dry in the sun. Bulls**t shine on the tyres would of been nice if they had got as much on the tyres as they managed to get on the wheels and paint work.

Took 4 hours to get it back to they way it looked when dropped off. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #524808 Sat Apr 29 2017 8:04am
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Brilliant, thanks.

The dealer once put mine through a roller car wash and it ended up with fine scratches from front to back. Took me hours to polish them out by hand. I've since bought a machine polisher 'cos I'm getting lazy.

I did ask them not to wash it on another occasion, but it still got washed and shiny goo applied to the tyres (which then spread itself all down the side of the car on the drive home). Another wash when I got home was on the cards. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #524983 Mon May 01 2017 12:43pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

Never have mine washed by the dealers . But did notice on the paper work after work done that they could not check the body !!
The car is never that dirty when it goes in to them ,that's b-----s[/img]

Post #525005 Mon May 01 2017 6:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1