RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Missing my SVR..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

Cantona

United Kingdom 
Missing my SVR..

Sold my Black/Black and Tan SvR last Sept'ish and went for a new Bentley V8s, and changed the Bentley on March 1st for a Macan Turbo, which is nice but slightly on the small side in the back and doesn't have the same presence of the SvR. Cocked up basically Neutral
Also got the colour wrong on the SvR (mistake after f***ing I hear people say)!
Thinking of going back to the SvR and really like the corris grey/black top and black wheels combo.
Should I wait for the gen 2 and am I right in thinking delivery would be around Nov? Seems a bit stupid to go for the current model when the new one is almost here? The re-sale value should be better you would think as well.

Thanks all!

Post #523852 Mon Apr 17 2017 3:42pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I would wait for the 18mdl as they are making changes.
Black and tan SVR ```? nothing wrong with that.
Do agree though that Corris with black roof looks the business, see 360 on here he has ordered this spec.
Good Luck. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #523853 Mon Apr 17 2017 4:16pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks, just checked his spec. Only difference is I would go for the all black inside and don't really see the point of the side steps (unless you are very small) Smile
All personal choices of course!

Post #523855 Mon Apr 17 2017 4:34pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

The side steps are for my wife as she is 5' nothing and complained that she needed a ladder to get in.
Life is too short to worry about the next gadget or model, live for today the SVR is a great machine as it is and the face lift will mean a price hike and no discount

Post #523893 Mon Apr 17 2017 10:08pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

That makes sense re the side steps my friend Smile

And normally that is my sort of view aswell but I have recently made two wrong choices with my cars and it just seems a little daft to order one now if a few improvements are just around the corner, for example I found the screen system extremely slow going on my last one, if this has been improved it will be a big plus in my book.

No discount was offered last time around so I doubt anything will be offered now (guy salmon, Knutsford).
Rarely do I keep (any car) longer than 18 months so it's re-sale value is an issue for me especially on the back of a horrendous loss that I made on the Bentley (just shy of £20k), a topic that Mrs C is completely unaware of to date Thud
I try to focus on my last SvR that returned all my outlay and am hopeful that the Macan Turbo will also sell well.

So to recap, I've been in the Macan only 6/7 weeks so if the wait is only approx 6 months it won't be the end of the world to wait given I'd be getting into a brand new (updated version) of the fabulous SvR, for once a sensible approach I think Thumbs Up

Post #523906 Tue Apr 18 2017 8:15am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

That's a shame regarding your regrets matey, I've also been there and taken massive hits on bad car buying decisions, I feel your pain! Out of interest what are your thoughts on the Macan, what spec did you go for? I very nearly went for a GTS or Turbo but plumped for the SVR in the end. I also liked the Corris but when Estoril in the end, still unsure which I prefer mind! The MY17 Nav is a vast improvement over the old system although it certainly has it's glitches. Be interesting to see what they change on the MY18 SVR, whether it will indeed have more power but also if they increase the price. Fingers crossed for our residuals!

Post #523917 Tue Apr 18 2017 9:19am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Hi Jimbo, I've got the turbo, full spec, it's got more about it than the gts (power wise). It's nice but it's not an SvR, it's 'evoque size' and imo fits the bill as a ladies size car (Sally apart) Very Happy
You usually get what you pay for in life and it's a good £25k under the SvR, even the big daddy turbo of the range.
Re the screen speed, is the improvement that you mention recent?

Post #523923 Tue Apr 18 2017 10:08am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Also, re-selling wise we should be okay with SvR's and Macans, just stay away from those god dam pretentious Bentleys!

Post #523924 Tue Apr 18 2017 10:19am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Hi mate, yes the MY17 introduced In Control Touch Pro, full 10.1 inch screen with the touchscreen 'buttons' running along the bottom of the screen. The graphics are in a different league to the previous Nav and many more features and configurable homescreens etc. The dashboard screen is now also configurable with the nav maps and different types of speedo/rev counter etc.

Following link may be useful...

http://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/range-...ology.html

What colour Macan did you go for and any pro's/cons/options that you find particularly advantageous over the RRS options? Curious as friend also looking at them and can't beat first hand opinions!

Post #523925 Tue Apr 18 2017 10:21am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Went for the Volcano grey (darker than Corris) with Black 22" wheels (can't remember their name), but imo look a lot better than the turbo wheels that nearly every Macan has.
Pro's and Con's wise.. it's a nice car for sure but as already stated it's not in the SvR league, wouldn't say there is anything advantageous over the SvR (other than the big saving)! The space in the back seats is a bit of an issue, I'm 6'3 and if anyone is sat behind me I'm finding myself sqeezing into the steering wheel.

Thanks for the link, will take a look although waiting for gen 2 does seem to be the right approach I think, small things will be improved otherwise what's the point in bringing one out?!

Post #523926 Tue Apr 18 2017 10:38am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

How does the performance/noise compare? There is a performance pack 440bhp version right?

Post #523928 Tue Apr 18 2017 10:57am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Didn't go for the performance pack, slightly faster I think but had a long waiting time (6months +).
It's fast for sure but the noise is a let down, nothing like the SvR roar Smile

Post #523934 Tue Apr 18 2017 11:16am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

No suv sounds like the SVR thats for sure. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #523943 Tue Apr 18 2017 1:15pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Bosphorus grey has just caught my attention, just when I thought I'd put the colour (Corris) to bed..

Post #524002 Wed Apr 19 2017 10:50am
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Hi
I have just received confirmation that my build will completed and ready for delivery end of the month.
I cannot wait..
I have always been a Full Fat RR guy until a friend gave me a lift in his SVR.
I thought my 5ltr took off well until the Roar of the SVR. Complete convert
I do however, worry about the residual after all the talk about MY18 build

Nod RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #524013 Wed Apr 19 2017 12:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>