RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Radio head unit defective
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Jaggs wrote:
I understand there is a hard reset for the electrics in the vehicle by removing the positive and negative battery leads and holding them together for 10 seconds to drain the capacitors, maybe worth a try before shelling out more cash

On mine it didn't even need a hard reset, just lifting the negative lead off the battery for a few seconds would reset the radio. Had to do this about 6 times over a fortnight until I replaced the battery, so got the technique down.

Post #523807 Sun Apr 16 2017 5:11pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Andy K wrote:
Is yours an SE HSE ?

diesel ?

good to put on your profile or signature

2.7TDV HSE diesel

Post #523816 Sun Apr 16 2017 6:05pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

HSE do have an amp under the seat

So your guessing what is at fault.

It needs power removing for a bit.

Post #523819 Sun Apr 16 2017 6:23pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

So if it's an hse it should have a harman kardon system in it so it should have a amp under the drivers seat Thumbs Up

Post #523821 Sun Apr 16 2017 6:37pm
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

rabcnesbit wrote:

Hello d-9, what battery are you referring to? If it's the main car battery, this was replaced with a new one under 2 years ago!

Yup the main car battery. Try disconnecting it for a few seconds and see if it fixes it, takes less than 30s with the appropriately sized spanner (I got the hang of doing it by the light of my phone at the side of the road when I'd found the radio had packed up again).

TBH I wouldnt be too supprised if it needs another battery, the advice from my friendly LR master tech is to replace the battery every couple of years as a matter of course on a sport, maybe less if you mostly do short journeys.

Its at least worth checking to see if disconnecting the battery fixes your issue, before you spend £833 on a new radio Laughing

Post #523822 Sun Apr 16 2017 6:56pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

geoffsnook wrote:
So if it's an hse it should have a harman kardon system in it so it should have a amp under the drivers seat Thumbs Up

Yes it has a Harman Kardon system, so I guess it will have amp under the seat. Will search for it.

Thank you everybody for your advice and suggestions. I shall check it out this weekend coming and report back. Thumbs Up

Post #523851 Mon Apr 17 2017 2:52pm
Andy K

move the seat forward.

then look in from the rear seat and you can see a row of the amp connectors.

Post #523854 Mon Apr 17 2017 4:32pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Chaps,

Last night my head unit stopped accepting cd's, the insert has just become blocked all of a sudden, there is no cd in the Head unit as when I ejected the cd that was in there and I went to put in a another CD it would not let me

Any Ideas?

Big Cry Question Mad Sad Confused MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #523858 Mon Apr 17 2017 5:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

You need to tell it somehow what slot you want it in

Post #523861 Mon Apr 17 2017 5:38pm
Mani

Hi Andy do think it's worth trying to remove the fuse for a few Minutes and trying again?

if so I will try when I get home from work Question MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #523862 Mon Apr 17 2017 5:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

better off reading the manual on how to insert discs.

I know you can take one out and put one in quick.
But if that was missed, read the instructions

Post #523870 Mon Apr 17 2017 6:49pm
Mani

Thanks Andy
It is a weird one as I have never had this problem before
First time since having the car for almost over a year MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #523872 Mon Apr 17 2017 6:54pm
Mani

Hi Andy the message I get on the head unit is CD2 Error please Eject, and when I try to Eject it makes a sound but no CD ejects I have even tried the eject all CD's function but still no good! Big Cry MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #523887 Mon Apr 17 2017 9:10pm
Mani

Hi Andy the message I get on the head unit is CD2 Error please Eject, and when I try to Eject it makes a sound but no CD ejects I have even tried the eject all CD's function but still no good! Big Cry MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #523888 Mon Apr 17 2017 9:11pm
Andy K

Oh dear Sad

Post #523889 Mon Apr 17 2017 9:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>