RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Brand New Loire Blue Rangee
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

mudmover

United Kingdom 
Brand New Loire Blue Rangee

Right then , I've just picked up my new toy......went for the blue as it looks classy when clean....4 days and 200 miles and I can see it will need to be kept clean.....

I'm concerned about the comments from Loire blue owners saying the paint should be coated with ceramic...

I've bought the 2 buckets, lance, snow foam, ufibre cloths/ towels, sonax quick wax, sheepskin cloth ect .....

What else should I be ordering? Is a ceramic coating really required?

I'm a little concerned about my new princess Smile

Post #522906 Tue Apr 04 2017 9:06pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It sure is a lovely colour but shows up swirl marks like no other colour does. Ceramic coating once applied correctly will minimise swirls if washed correctly (two bucket method etc) however without a coating IMHO swirls are inevetable on that colour.

Post #523142 Sat Apr 08 2017 10:12pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Brand New Loire Blue Rangee

mudmover wrote:
Right then , I've just picked up my new toy......went for the blue as it looks classy when clean....4 days and 200 miles and I can see it will need to be kept clean.....

I'm concerned about the comments from Loire blue owners saying the paint should be coated with ceramic...

I've bought the 2 buckets, lance, snow foam, ufibre cloths/ towels, sonax quick wax, sheepskin cloth ect .....

What else should I be ordering? Is a ceramic coating really required?

I'm a little concerned about my new princess Smile

This is an off road car don't bother about swirls and scratches. If you want a show pony buy a car. The paint will get scratches in the bush and the car will get mud and dirt stuck to it. Why buy a 4WD if you never go off road ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #523143 Sat Apr 08 2017 10:25pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

Ceramic coating will help immensely BUT if you having to ask about them, then you won't be able to prep and apply them properly, (need infra red heaters and left at least 24 hours in dry warm conditions to cure fully) so therfor a waste of money unless professionally applied. Most swirls are inflicted by poor washing and even poorer drying techniques. Get these mastered and half the battle is won. After the car has been thoroughly decontaminated and polished (to a finish your happy with) apply a sealant and then top it off with a coat of wax. Following washes after should be far easier and use a good drying aid to help when drying something like meguiars last touch or bouncers done and dusted.

Post #523144 Sat Apr 08 2017 10:41pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Mudmover,,if you are going down the ceramic coating road,make sure you get it done by a professional detailed.Also when you take delivery of the car make sure the dealers Valeter doesn't touch it because that is where the swirls come from in the first place.
If you are going to clean it yourself which I did when I bought my new pickup (4 month ago & not a swirl in sight) make sure you have all the right gear,2 buckets both with grit guards plus a good wash mit,good quality drying towel,tar remover I use autosmart tardis,Bilt Hamber kerrasol to decontaminate,clay bar,clay lube,if you buy Bilt Hamber clay bar you can use water as a lubricant,good quality polish,wax & foam applicators,but make sure you buy good microfibre towels to remove polish & wax as cheap ones can cause swirls.
You can also visit detailingworld.co.uk & read a few posts.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #523147 Sun Apr 09 2017 8:16am
mudmover

United Kingdom 
Ceramic coat

Thank you all.....I absolutely love this blue but I can already see the cleaning nightmare coming from a corris grey defender...

Anyway she is booked into a pro detailer tommorow for 3 days .....they have switched to a Japanese product called c quartz finest reserve.....all reviews are very impressive....Will post the results......I'm getting exterior done, the wheels and the inside with various gubbings...

Hope I'm making the right move!

MM

Post #523167 Sun Apr 09 2017 4:54pm
Tyrefitter

Just make sure the detailer knows what he's doing as you only get one attempt to apply a ceramic coating.Where are you based.?

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #523169 Sun Apr 09 2017 4:58pm
Tyrefitter

If you are willing to travel I can recommend this guy at Lincoln,Ive seen his work & it is second to none,,he is not the cheapest but I would say he's in the top 5 in the U.K. For detailing.if I ever buy a new car it will be going to him.
http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #523171 Sun Apr 09 2017 5:10pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Tyrefitter wrote:
Just make sure the detailer knows what he's doing as you only get one attempt to apply a ceramic coating.Where are you based.?

Andy

Why only one attempt? I agree about getting it right first time, but why not compound off a screwed up job?

I'm asking in a 'I hope it's possible' way as I hope to sometime remove mine to correct the Aberdeen LR dealers incompetent effort, and get it done right.

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #523172 Sun Apr 09 2017 5:40pm
Chrisr1806

England 

RRSman wrote:
It sure is a lovely colour but shows up swirl marks like no other colour does. Ceramic coating once applied correctly will minimise swirls if washed correctly (two bucket method etc) however without a coating IMHO swirls are inevetable on that colour.

Barely had any swirls on my Loire Blue RRS after 18 months of just washing it, didn't have any coatings applied, just wax from time to time.

Washing technique/routine is key. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #523173 Sun Apr 09 2017 5:56pm
Tyrefitter

I'm afraid if you need/want to remove a ceramic coating you have to use wet n dry to remove & it's not something you want to be doing on a new car especially a 80k car.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #523174 Sun Apr 09 2017 5:59pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

insiorc wrote:
Tyrefitter wrote:

Andy

Why only one attempt? I agree about getting it right first time, but why not compound off a screwed up job?

I'm asking in a 'I hope it's possible' way as I hope to sometime remove mine to correct the Aberdeen LR dealers incompetent effort, and get it done right.

Dennis

Think of ceramic coating as resin, that sets like glass, just in microns of thickness, it wears down but over a very very long time. Once it's applied it's practically a nightmare to remove quickly without wet sanding, certainly a rotary and some serious cutting compound will be required.

Post #523196 Sun Apr 09 2017 10:35pm
Tyrefitter

Chrisr1806 wrote:
RRSman wrote:

Barely had any swirls on my Loire Blue RRS after 18 months of just washing it, didn't have any coatings applied, just wax from time to time.

Washing technique/routine is key. Thumbs Up

I agree with you Chris,if washed properly using the 2 bucket method & good quality wash mits & drying cloths you shouldn't get swirls.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #523203 Mon Apr 10 2017 5:35am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I disagree - it's pretty much impossible to have a car swirl free (without being ceramic coated) no matter which products you use and what washing technique you use. Over the years I have used 5 different pro valet approved detailers to regularly valet my cars and all my cars ended up with some level of swirls - all this ended when I used Gtechniq CSL and EXO to protect the new cars after which swirls are now non-existent on my cars maintained by the detailer. If you want to see real swirls on your paintwork drive up to a petrol pump forecourt in the night and view the car under the lights Wink

Post #523230 Mon Apr 10 2017 3:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
it's pretty much impossible to have a car swirl free

Mine's swirl free. If you don't wash it, you don't get swirls. Whistle Rolling with laughter

It has got a few scratches down the side from brambles and branches though... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #523238 Mon Apr 10 2017 5:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>