RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 order - Very High Spec HSE v HSE Dynamic v Autobigraphy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Andy try an Iphone 7 Plus - I love it - brilliant bit of kit..

Post #521640 Wed Mar 22 2017 3:05pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Very Happy I know how you feel as I feel the same way about my Ferrari 458 Italia - I have driven the 488 and I did not like it as it was turbo charged and i think my 458 will be a keeper. The Huracan has new tech too but again I did not like it that much as a drivers car. But with the RRS I fell in lurvve with the Velar when it was unveiled. Let's just hope the drive is what is expected but if not nothing lost as I'm sure I will be able to sell and get out of it for at least what I paid Smile

Yes, and I'm still clinging on to my SL500, walnut interior an' all.................... Laughing

Post #521641 Wed Mar 22 2017 3:05pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Ohh I had a SL55 AMG - lovely car!

Post #521642 Wed Mar 22 2017 3:08pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:

Not being nosey at all. Yes, I have seen the Velar, sat in it and played with it but not driven it yet..If you go to the Velar thread I created in the other cars section you will see that I was invited to the launch event so got to see three different spec levels in person and I posted pics too.

Thanks RRS man. I will take a look at your other thread. I think your buying logic is correct; buy a Velar now and in 6-9 months time you could change to a MY18 RRS (if you wanted to) without losing much if anything by way of depreciation. Sounds like I should take a closer look at the Velar

Post #521643 Wed Mar 22 2017 3:18pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

RRSman wrote:
Andy try an Iphone 7 Plus - I love it - brilliant bit of kit..

Too big really,,ive always got my fone in my pocket when I'm working so the 7 wouldn't last a day.plus I only use it for calls so don't need all the fancy wifi for internet ect.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #521644 Wed Mar 22 2017 3:24pm
kmpowell

RRSman wrote:
Have you seen the so called F-Pace in person? Your views will change when you do...

Yup, my in-laws live a few miles from the new JLR engine factory by the M54. So I've seen several milling around. I'm not a fan.

mikef wrote:
I think your buying logic is correct; buy a Velar now and in 6-9 months time you could change to a MY18 RRS (if you wanted to) without losing much if anything by way of depreciation.

I'm not sure I buy into that theory. The V-Pace is ridiculously priced for what it is compared to the current RRS, so unless the RRS MY18 is going to have a huge price rise as well, then the V-Pace will get stung on two counts. Firstly when the MY18 RRS comes out the 'halo' of the V-Pace will have worn off, and secondly the RRS will be the new 'one to have'. Just look at the RV's for the V-Pace, they are laughable. Anybody who pays £70k+ for a V-Pace is not only bonkers in my book, but is also going to be taking one huge depreciation bath come 12-18mths time.

At the same time, I wouldn't sink any money into a MY17RRS either, because the MY18 will also have a massive impact. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #521663 Wed Mar 22 2017 5:36pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Urm which residual values are you referring to? My finance quote for the Velar sets it at 57% which is no way is "laughable"?

As for taking a bath come resale time suggest you try to order one now...you won't see it being delivered until Summer 2018 at the minimum so can't see how your theory will come true Thumbs Up

Post #521674 Wed Mar 22 2017 6:28pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

kmpowell wrote:
The V-Pace is ridiculously priced for what it is compared to the current RRS

Well RRS2 was ridiculously priced if you spec'd it like-for-like to the outgoing RRS1. Didn't stop it from being hugely successful. So much so that despite not being a fan of buying brand new cars due to depreciation, I decided to go for new because 1 year old cars with 10k miles were selling at new car price. Reason: some people's inability to wait 6 months Rolling Eyes And that was in 2015 when it was hardly the newest thing. It's a crazy market. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #521678 Wed Mar 22 2017 6:47pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Fkarim, I agree, I wanted a specific spec Hse dynamic & there was only one on the approved used website when I got my new one in September last year & it worked out around 2K more at 6 months old with 6k miles on so it was a no brainier to go for the brand new car.

Post #521695 Wed Mar 22 2017 8:06pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

wilf wrote:
mikef wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't tell you how I know that but I do and hence why I cancelled my order

I dont want to be nosy but can you tell us why you went for the Velar rather than a MY17 RRS or wait for the MY18 RRS? I'm on the point of ordering a new RRS and I dont want to buy a new car which will be upgraded in a few months time or buy a RRS when the Velar may suit my needs better. Also the Velar seems so close to the RRS in concept, price and size that IMHO it has to bastardise RRS sales which may have an effect on RRS resale values in the future. When are the first Velars due to be delivered to customers anyway? Have you been able to view a Velar in the metal?

I must admit that I'm really struggling to see how the RRS and Velar fit into what is virtually the same market segment and part of me thinks that L-R's long term strategy is to phase out the RRS altogether. After all, I'm guessing that the RRS, which is fundamentally based on the FFRR platform, cannot be as profitable as the Velar, which is based on the F type platform, when both sell for around the same price.

I keep saying this to people - wait and see exactly what the Velar offers. For sure it will be quite a bit smaller than the RRS, and it is the interior space of the RRS that I like.

I can see that while the ranges overlap, there is room in the market for both.

A lot of people seem to consider the length and width the most when comparing the size of the Velar to the RRS. But the issue for me is the height. It's the same height as my wife's Audi SQ5 (roughly 5 inches lower than the RRS) and when I get back in my RRS it's a very noticeable difference. I prefer the extra height for sure. Plus I really love V8's and want the 510hp supercharged version. I was going to order a 2017 RRS but it wasn't facelifted so I decided to wait another year. Love the design of the Velar and was very tempted as it's so good.

I've seen the spy pics of the 2018 RRS and it looks like it's getting the same honeycomb grill and new front and rear lights. And new bumpers. Fingers crossed they tone down the chunky skid plate look like they have with the Velar. It won't have the recessed door handles and dual touch screens but I can live with that.

Maybe LR is holding back from offering a V8, autobiography or SVR version of the Velar so as to not take away more sales from the RRS. At least for year 1. Just speculating. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #521712 Thu Mar 23 2017 1:25am
timhum

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Unfortunately I can't tell you how I know that but I do and hence why I cancelled my order Wink

It will appear in March 2018. September 17 will most likely see these updates in the FFRR too. New engines I'm not too sure about but BHP updates for sure.

I've thought that the new model year was launched in September, so MY 2018 RRS would be released in Septmber 2017. It seems that a face lifted RRS would be MY 2019 with a September 2018 launch?
Tim

Post #521783 Fri Mar 24 2017 12:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456