RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Conversion.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789

LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Power opening is a standard function of the one piece tail gate operated from either the dash or key fob.

Closing is an entirely different matter that as standard can only be done from the tailgate button.

However thanks a clever little black box that contains a tilt switch the tail gate can additionally be closed from the dash or the key fob.

Installation is DIY simple and takes about 30 minutes.

Your 2010 is unlikely to have the basic electrics to operate the electric tail gate but that isn't rocket science.

The thread you should visit is 'powered tailgate'.

Good luck RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #519380 Tue Feb 28 2017 9:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Thank you very much for this information, however I couldn't find a thread where somebody would state that they got the one piece tailgate to open and close electrically. All I stumble upon is people saying they think somebody has done it, but can't recollect who, some say they only got to install it but never got the power open/close side of things working.
Please correct me if I'm wrong about the above.
Cheers 2010 Supercharged

Post #519433 Wed Mar 01 2017 11:28am
LG8340

The thread you need concerns converting the standard electric tailgate to remote close.

There are numerous threads about fitting the one-piece facelift tailgate. If you post on one of those you will discover how to do the electrics for standard open/close.

If you have no success, PM me and I'll dig around and give you a couple of leads. Bodsy can probably come to your aid.

Where do you live? RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #519445 Wed Mar 01 2017 1:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Fab Job Looks Great Very Happy Laughing Thumbs Up Bow down MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #523492 Thu Apr 13 2017 5:11am
LG8340

Search for 'powered closing tailgate'.

The supplier is a member called the_big_one
Or 'the_big_1'.

I installed one (the first I believe) and it was straightforward and took about 30 minutes. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #523515 Thu Apr 13 2017 10:02am
Bigbore

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

eugeneville wrote:
Thank you very much for this information, however I couldn't find a thread where somebody would state that they got the one piece tailgate to open and close electrically. All I stumble upon is people saying they think somebody has done it, but can't recollect who, some say they only got to install it but never got the power open/close side of things working.
Please correct me if I'm wrong about the above.
Cheers

Search here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic43885.html RRS SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey,Premium Ebony Black leather,MY12 Autobiography Exterior Design Pack,22"Diamond Turned Rotor Alloys,interior LED's/Number plate,boot LED's x 2,rear entertainment,HD Dash cam,ALIVE Remap,Bumper DRL's

Post #523592 Fri Apr 14 2017 7:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789