RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Outside Temperature
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Biggles

England 
Outside Temperature

Last night I heard a bong from the car and noticed it was the dash display warning me it was 4 degrees outside this eventually dropped to 2 degrees any notice of icy roads is welcome.
This prompts me to wonder what will be lowest temp we can see this year.
Any takers. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #5159 Mon Nov 14 2005 8:31am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I too heard a bong while I was driving and took ages looking around the controls to see what had caused it. Then noticed the little snowflake next to the temperature gauge (at 4 degC). I wish it displayed a message to explain the bong - it would make it much safer!

Anyway, it was -1 this morning and very frosty. Used the heated windscreen for the first time. Took around 3 mins the screen to clear. It took a long time for the car to warm up though. I would of thought the RRS would have a pre-heater like the many Disco3's have. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #5164 Mon Nov 14 2005 10:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Oh yes, and the LCD sat nav screen was blank (grey) for about 5 mins. Then it flickered for another two mins or so. Then it came up okay. Was obviously too cold for the LCD screen this morning, which I was a little surprised at. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #5165 Mon Nov 14 2005 10:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've heard on a number of occasions that this is going to be somewhat of a harsh winter, by countrywide UK standards anyhow.... don't like it - give me the warm sun anytime. I too have noticed the RRS doesn't heat up very quickly - although the heated windscreen is mighty useful! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5166 Mon Nov 14 2005 10:48am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I heard the bong a few days ago, soon figured it out though.

I was under the impression the Sport had a fuel burning heater too. Mine is kept in a garage so its never as cold as being outside. Nice ! Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5170 Mon Nov 14 2005 12:34pm
bigdwarf

India 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

There is supposed to be a 'quieter, smokeless' (dealer's words, in french, I think referring to earlier versions Rolling Eyes ) fuel heating burner as standard on the RRS HSE (showed me the empty spot on the SE where this would go beneath the hood on the RHS). I was also told that programmable heating was possible (not, of course, in the region where I'm buying mine Shocked ). I dont get mine till april06 so will continue freezing in my cr*ppy beamer Crying or Very sad .

Post #5172 Mon Nov 14 2005 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1