RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Mats MY17 SE SDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

matsoutback

Australia 
Mats MY17 SE SDV6

Finally ordered my RR Sport for a February build, late April delivery. Originally I ordered a low option HSE SDV6, but am changing it to a higher optioned SE SDV6. Although conventional wisdom might suggest options are wasted money, I found the majority of what I really wanted was not standard on the HSE, so the build was costing much more (10k). Luxury car tax in Australia is a killer. (33%)
My common options on both HSE and SE were; White - black interior, drive pack pro, tow pack, advanced tow assist, surround camera, fixed sunroof, 3 zone climate, heated seats, privacy glass and ebony head lining.
To make my SE order complete, I added; Convenience,luxury pack and the heads up display. (less than half of the cost of going up to the HSE)
My use for the RR Sport will be; 2-6 hour highway runs for work, family camping and towing a camping trailer. I do enjoy 4x4ing and trips up the beach so the "smaller" 20' SE wheels suit me better too.

I have a question albeit early, I would like to mount my front slimline number plate on the black plastic strip under the painted bumper and leave that part clean. Has anyone done that, or is it not recommended due to air flow into the radiators?

Mat

Post #509809 Thu Nov 10 2016 11:34pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Finally got the call from my dealer with my vin. Can't wait to track the ship once it gets allocated.

So many sleeps to go, but she actually exists now. Very Happy Very Happy 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516504 Thu Feb 02 2017 12:44am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

When I read the title I thought this thread was about floor mats in an MY17 Laughing

Congrats on the new car - not long to go now! Thumbs Up

Post #516527 Thu Feb 02 2017 10:28am
Lyonhead

Wales 
Re: Mats MY17 SE SDV6

I have a question albeit early, I would like to mount my front slimline number plate on the black plastic strip under the painted bumper and leave that part clean. Has anyone done that, or is it not recommended due to air flow into the radiators?

Mat[/quote]

Hi Mat, best check with dealership first, it might affect your surround camera or your adaptive cruise if you have it fitted. No doubt someone else will be able to help as well. Thumbs Up

Post #516529 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:07am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

matsoutback wrote:
Finally got the call from my dealer with my vin. Can't wait to track the ship once it gets allocated.

So many sleeps to go, but she actually exists now. Very Happy Very Happy

hello there

i have ordered a new car in the uk. is it possible to track the cars loaction if i have the vin number if so how do i do this ?

Thanks

Post #516531 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:33am
matsoutback

Australia 

RRSman - still a couple of months to get her "down under"...

rrsfan -Not that I know of within the country unfortunately. Because ours are shipped, I use

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=1...SearchPage

from the wallenius wilhelmsen website. You enter in your vin into the cargo ID and then you know the ship.

After that knowledge, you can track the actual ship using marinetraffic.com

Maybe I should get a life... Razz

Lyonhead - I have given up on the numberplate plinth, she would have had it screwed to the front by now. As you say, being lower may fowl the camera and / or radar anyway.

I am getting Mats too... lol 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Last edited by matsoutback on Thu Feb 02 2017 12:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #516533 Thu Feb 02 2017 12:00pm
matsoutback

Australia 

rrsfan wrote:
matsoutback wrote:

So many sleeps to go, but she actually exists now. Very Happy Very Happy

hello there

i have ordered a new car in the uk. is it possible to track the cars loaction if i have the vin number if so how do i do this ?

Thanks

The only "fun" I have found which would be the same for you lot is to enter in your vin into

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/v...8.prs72905

after free registration you get to check your option list, which in my case seems extensive... Embarassed 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516536 Thu Feb 02 2017 12:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

matsoutback wrote:

rrsfan -Not that I know of within the country unfortunately. Because ours are shipped, I use

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=1...SearchPage

from the wallenius wilhelmsen website. You enter in your vin into the cargo ID and then you know the ship.

After that knowledge, you can track the actual ship using marinetraffic.com

Maybe I should get a life... Razz

Don't worry about a life, that's how the professionals track their cargo and how I track my command too when I'm on leave! But not on Wilhelmsen's website - on Maersk Line's scheduling website and MarineTraffic.com or Vesselfinder.com.

Type Maersk Patras in Marinetraffic and you will see we haven't moved since December 5th, if we are even shown (must go up to the bridge and have a look to see if the AIS is on or off) Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #516543 Thu Feb 02 2017 1:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
matsoutback

Australia 

Tim it is amazing the technology that is available for everyone these days. Even the transponder information is shared with aircraft with apps like fightradar. How do you keep yourself amused for so long I do wonder. Yawn 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516608 Fri Feb 03 2017 6:25am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Off Topic Our HO has a special monitoring dept now and phones me if we are going too fast (ie they think we are burning additional fuel) after 10 minutes if the speed doesn't drop.............. now the people manning that desk are all, we are assured, captains like me, so how come they don't understand favourable currents and following strong winds Whistle 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #516612 Fri Feb 03 2017 8:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1