RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS MY17 Autobiography ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ChunkRRS

Scotland 
RRS MY17 Autobiography ordered

Hi Guys, first post here glad to be part of the forum. Had an Evoque back in 2012 then went to a bmw 330d touring which I have kept for 3 years and loved the car but wanted to go back to an SUV. I originally ordered a Porsche Macan GTS but never felt comfortable that I was ordering the right car as it doesn't feel like an SUV. I decided to go and test drive a RRS, got a loan of an Autobiography for 24 hrs and made up my mind to cancel the macan order and get an HSE Dynamic ordered. Then switched that to the Autobiography as I was adding a few extras to the dynamic.

Gone for Corris Grey with Tan interior (always wanted a tan interior even when the evoque came out). Options ticked are,

8" rear seat entertainment
privacy glass
full size spare
extra large washer bottle

build date in February for a march delivery to avoid the 'robin hood tax'

cheers

Post #512661 Tue Dec 20 2016 12:17pm
wilf

Nice, and good timing, too. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #512664 Tue Dec 20 2016 12:53pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

you will not be disappointed with the AB,,im glad that's what I went for especially with the climate seats & forward alert ect,,by the time you've ticked a few boxes on the HSE your nearly upto the price of a AB & it will sell a lot easier when coming to get rid.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #512666 Tue Dec 20 2016 1:16pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations sounds lovely. The Tan leather really does looks superb . SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #512678 Tue Dec 20 2016 3:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had the tan interior on my last Evoque, it was really nice even if the tan was a bit more orange than I wanted/ expected
Having said that, I would order it again
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #512679 Tue Dec 20 2016 4:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Congrats Thumbs Up

Did the Macan feel too 'car like'? I had a GTS prior to my RRS, definately different cars. I miss the petrol V6 with the soundtrack and the fabulous PDK, but wouldn't go back to it. Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #512686 Tue Dec 20 2016 5:52pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Thanks for the messages guys.

My thoughts on the Order Andy, I was adding £8k of options to the HSE dynamic so decided for residuals and also the nicer model the autobiography was worth the extra money

Triple7 That's exactly what is/was wrong with the Macan, it's trying too hard to be a sports car. Had the diesel S for a weekend and didn't feel special enough, specced up to £65k I thought it was crazy for what it is. Then had a GTS for a few hours and was hard work to drive (too stiff and seemed over damped) and hard on the wallet, averaging 18 mpg over the afternoon I had it.

When I had a loan of the autobiography it felt so much more special. I bought a lotus Elise last year so I don't want this car to be too sports car like, would rather have a bit more of a softer ride so when I do take the other car out it can be as stripped out and sporty as it is for the time I am in it then tuck it away again.

Really feel the RRS has nailed it for me, excited for pick up in March

Post #512698 Tue Dec 20 2016 10:58pm
wilf

I was in the exact same position as you, but the PCP figures simply would not reflect the "better residuals" of the ATB, so I stuck with the HSE Dynamic plus the bits I wanted. The ATB was coming out dearer.

In addition, I still would have had to have added things to the ATB to get exactly what I wanted, go figure.

But hey, the joy of specs eh? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #512703 Wed Dec 21 2016 7:34am
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

wilf, exactly right the joys!

i've also had enough of dealing with car salesmen this year to last me a long time

Post #512721 Wed Dec 21 2016 11:47am
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Update to my order.

I called into the dealership to see their showroom autobiography in corris grey but with the gloss black lettering which I originally didn't want on the car. Happy to report it looks really good and compliments the other gloss black details. Whilst I was there I mentioned the finance as I have been planning to go with a HP deal through Clydesdale at 4.2% APR. Obviously the 6.9% land rover quoted rate wasn't very appealing but the salesman got the business manager down who asked me to email him the quote this morning.

I have just had an email back to say they will match the 4.2% on a pcp through land rover financial services/black horse. I was very surprised and for me its much easier to do the deal all in house, I wonder if they have been able do it based on Lloyds banking group having a 4.2% car finance if you bank with them??

happy I mentioned it!!!

Post #516279 Mon Jan 30 2017 12:52pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

ChunkRRS - there is currently a £3000 finance contribution on the AutoBiography if you use Land Rover Financial Services on PCP or HP - by getting the 4.9% APR I guess you have not had the contribution? How does the math's stack up if you used LRFS and took the £3k contribution at 6.9% vs the 4.2% deal they now matched?

Post #516282 Mon Jan 30 2017 1:25pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

thanks RRSman, for me with the 4.2% I give up the extra contribution but the rate works out better than the higher rate plus £3000 more towards the deal. The business manager ran all the different figures and options for me.

Just shows its worth an ask, obviously the more finance the dealer sells the better, even if they aren't making much/any money from it?

Post #516287 Mon Jan 30 2017 2:00pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Nice one - well done! Thumbs Up

Post #516289 Mon Jan 30 2017 2:02pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

thanks!

it also means if the car is early I can just pick it up and drive away, no need to arrange the finance to be sent from elsewhere. (hope it isn't late!)

Post #516291 Mon Jan 30 2017 2:07pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

ChunkRRS wrote:
thanks RRSman, for me with the 4.2% I give up the extra contribution but the rate works out better than the higher rate plus £3000 more towards the deal. The business manager ran all the different figures and options for me.

Just shows its worth an ask, obviously the more finance the dealer sells the better, even if they aren't making much/any money from it?

That's a cracking rate, good work! I tried the same thing and they wouldn't budge! Then they told me the 'Dealer discount price was off as it was subject to me taking the 6.9% dealer finance! Unethical and not good practice IMO, so I did the deal with them then exercised my 'right of withdrawal' and went with an independent at 5.9%, saving circa £1,600 over the 3 years. I unfortunately had no time to pursue the Clydesdale option...

Post #516346 Mon Jan 30 2017 10:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1