RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Engine System Fault - Round 2!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Mel Tucker

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Engine System Fault - Round 2!

So where I left round 1, was having put two new EGR valves in my RRS, but, I still got the message Engine System Fault with an audible warning, no warning lights.
I still had the same code relating to my turbo, and my actuator was indeed stuck. I free'd it once, but very soon it stuck again. Having had a good look around about what best to use, I did decide on a full on attack based on the advice from there on the forum.
I am now free!! I am not counting chickens by any stretch of the imagination, I will probably need a new turbo down the line but at least I have a brief gap in which to save!

So, I used:
1) fuel cleaner! yes I confess to having put supermarket cheap crap in my RRS and once sat around a bit, I suffered and paid, for the consequences - do NOT put that crap in your tank. High end diesel (or petrol) only, and the odd addition of some fuel cleaner cant hurt every once in a while. The smoke that now doesn't come out of my RRS is very noticeable!
2) copper slip - I had used differing oil/lubricant, but looking at one that was going to stick the performance & temperature requirements, I decided on copper slip. Its been freezing here in North Devon, then much warmer in the day and I've been able to get out no hassle on all occasions. I used this on successive days, so far so good. Work it in as well as you can, keep the key turning, layer it up

The key to prevention - over simplifying I'm sure - but - cleanliness and use
Good fuel, good oil and good driving
I've leaned most of the above the hard way, but thanks to some on here, not necessarily the most expensive way
My exhaust emissions are about as clean as they come and I intend to keep them that way, so, if anyone knows of any very well paid accounting jobs around here, I'm all ears!!! lol Laughing

Hope this helps at least one person, and thank God for this forum, its been a godsend Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #515716 Tue Jan 24 2017 7:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Great news Thumbs Up

Hope it stays that way. Spend some of the money you've saved on a tankful of Shell's best and take it for a good long blast . 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #515852 Wed Jan 25 2017 6:22pm
ShooterNeil

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Well done it's nice to get help and fix it your self
I like telling the garage oh it was easy to fix your computer was wrong lol 😂 61 AB 5.0 supercharged rocket
07 HSE TDV8 with lots of toys EGR removed BAS remap
56 HSE WAS FULL OF PROBLEMS

Post #515859 Wed Jan 25 2017 8:45pm
Farmer Mel Tucker

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

thanks chaps, I dread to think what main dealer would have cost
I am going to save for a new one, (turbo) and I've found a chap that can do it too so I'm feeling very lucky right now Smile

Post #515942 Thu Jan 26 2017 8:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1