RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Car Delayed - Held at Factory????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Silty

United Kingdom 
Car Delayed - Held at Factory????

My car has been built but is around 3 weeks late in delivery. I've been fobbed off at weekly intervals and even now there is no certainty on delivery. Each time I ask I seem to get fobbed off with 'Land Rover don't tell us what's happening'. This is a copy from the dealer today, supposedly from someone at Land Rover;

"This vehicle is currently held at the factory in WIP (Work in Progress). The factory do not provide specific details on individual vehicles at this status. It could be that the factory are waiting for supplies to be reworked for example.

I have prioritised this with the factory, at the highest level and also added it to my watchlist which I monitor daily and will update you as soon as I have any information for you.

Apologies for the delay. The factory are doing all they can to clear these vehicles"

Seems like it was caught in quality control and not released. Anyone any experience of such Censored ?

Thanks

Jim 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #514980 Wed Jan 18 2017 7:47pm
wilf

Could also be a component shortage/update issue. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #514984 Wed Jan 18 2017 8:20pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

When was it built exactly.

I know mine was build mid December and is only just at the dealers last Friday so maybe they are just behind on work after the Christmas shutdown ?

I understand its not good to be after the delivery date on the paperwork but not much you can do and hope in the end the car was worth the wait for you.

Post #515003 Wed Jan 18 2017 10:25pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

It was built on 20 December 2016. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #515019 Thu Jan 19 2017 3:29am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

For delivery to be delayed that long would have to be because of component shortages or there is a TSB pending that is causing new cars to be delayed so they can leave the holding compound with the latest updates as dealers only get 2 hours to PDI the cars now 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515023 Thu Jan 19 2017 6:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparkx

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

My SVR has been held since a similar date too, was awaiting parts from oxford...

I feel sorry for the dealer, I phone them most days.

Post #515123 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:08pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

Now delayed until 04 February!

However, today I was delighted to be given a loan of a new (35miles) RRS until my car arrives. I can't really ask for much more from the dealer and my perception of their customer service has been fully restored.

Jim 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #515128 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:30pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Did they let you know what has caused the delay?

Good result re the loaner, softens the blow a bit, you might as well keep the loaner until the 1st of March at this rate?

Post #515132 Thu Jan 19 2017 10:05pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Silty wrote:
Now delayed until 04 February!

However, today I was delighted to be given a loan of a new (35miles) RRS until my car arrives. I can't really ask for much more from the dealer and my perception of their customer service has been fully restored.

Jim

Good dealer customer service shame they didn't offer you that 3 weeks ago when the delay started but I would be happy with that solution you have for now and time will fly.

Post #515136 Thu Jan 19 2017 10:49pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

ChunkRRS wrote:
Did they let you know what has caused the delay?

Good result re the loaner, softens the blow a bit, you might as well keep the loaner until the 1st of March at this rate?

Still no info on the cause of the delay. I believe that the dealer genuinely doesn't know. I'd find it very difficult to manage my business if my suppliers were not advising me of delays but this is what JLR dealers have to contend with it seems.

As you say, I'm happy with the loan car and that's the best outcome under the circumstances for me. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #515166 Fri Jan 20 2017 9:55am
Tricky

United Kingdom 

The delay must be something specific to AB's or your particular order(s) My HSE Dynamic was built just before Christmas and I collected it last weekend (14th)

Post #515308 Sat Jan 21 2017 4:02pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

My dealer tells me that I'm not the only one getting the bad news from that dealership. Other than some consolation that there's more than me in the same boat I have no idea on what the delay is or if it relates to any specific component.

Good to know (in an unusually altruistic way) that others are getting cars their through. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #515323 Sat Jan 21 2017 5:15pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

No longer held at the factory but now in transit to the dealer. Still no comms on what the delay at the factory has been though.

All being well, I'll pick it up sometime this week. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #516190 Sun Jan 29 2017 12:20pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Only a few more sleeps to go then Thumbs Up

Post #516191 Sun Jan 29 2017 12:26pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

Carpathian in the rain... 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #516871 Sun Feb 05 2017 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>