RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Jaguar E Pace
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Jaguar E Pace

This week's Autocar has a photo of a disguised but recognisable new Jaguar baby SUV to slot in below the F Pace and Evoque pricewise. To be based on the DiscoSport underpinnings with Ingenium 2.0ltr 4 cylinder engines, both petrol and diesel. Launch date is stated to be May 2017 after the launch of the RRS Coupe at the Geneva Motorshow. Autocar states that the F Pace is Jaguar's best selling model, even outselling the XE saloon, but they expect that at a price starting around the high £20,000's it will bring the appeal of a Jaguar to a lot more customers than the F Pace and will be an even bigger sale. Only fly in the ointment is what will JLR do to UK pricing of all models to compensate for the import taxes to be paid in European Markets once we have left the EU, will JLR slap big price rises on home market cars to compensate for not increasing prices overseas and in the EU where high import duties may have to be paid........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514255 Thu Jan 12 2017 3:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 

Looks very interesting, we enjoyed 4 days with an F Pace late last year, a smaller version should get below the envy tax threshold of £40k. Only problem is DS based and built at Halewood where quality is an alien concept. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #514259 Thu Jan 12 2017 4:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Jaguar E Pace

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Only fly in the ointment is what will JLR do to UK pricing of all models to compensate for the import taxes to be paid in European Markets once we have left the EU, will JLR slap big price rises on home market cars to compensate for not increasing prices overseas and in the EU where high import duties may have to be paid...........

More likely is that they'll build EU vehicles in the EU. UK factory would then build UK and RoW vehicles. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #514283 Thu Jan 12 2017 7:07pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Na! I think you're both wrong and that EU vehicles will be built in EU and Right hand drive vehicles will be built in India!!! Close all the cost negative assembly plants in UK. Maybe maintain a UK design and engineering office but hive off manufacturing to somewhere with a much lower cost base.

Just my theory!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #514285 Thu Jan 12 2017 8:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Disco5 and the Defender replacement are both going to be built in JLR's new factory being built in Hungary or the Czech Republic eventually but they have said that they won't stop UK production................ Regarding production in India, I doubt it for the more expensive cars as many people buy them because they are "Made in Britain" - Honda found out that the perceived quality of a Swindon built Civic was higher in Japan than the same cars built in Japan, and they were happy to pay extra in import duties to have better built British Honda Civics that even arrived with a Union Flag badge on the back to mark them out from the local version. Defenders have been assembled in Spain, Douth Africa, Italy and Brazil for many years for the overseas markets, Freelander 1's for Oriental markets were assembled for a few years in Thailand so overseas production isn't a new thing for Land Rover. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514286 Thu Jan 12 2017 8:12pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Na! I think you're both wrong and that EU vehicles will be built in EU and Right hand drive vehicles will be built in India!!! Close all the cost negative assembly plants in UK. Maybe maintain a UK design and engineering office but hive off manufacturing to somewhere with a much lower cost base.

Just my theory!

Old Jock

JLR will move production to Scotland, who will vote Yes to independence, and be welcomed into the EU

But we're getting off topic here Laughing

Post #514287 Thu Jan 12 2017 8:18pm
garrycol

Australia 

With Jaguar and Landrover being the one and the same company and indeed RR models and some Jag models are produced on the same production line I assume the F Pace is actually a LR model underneath - is it based on an Evoque or DS platform?

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #514317 Fri Jan 13 2017 1:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1