RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Car returned - totally disappointed with LR and dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

r21

United Kingdom 
Car returned - totally disappointed with LR and dealer

Well, my ownership was short lived - Sep 9th - Dec 8th - Land Rover, Hatfields Liverpool and Black Horse are probably their worst customer services I have experienced considering what I had purchased.

Quick summary
Day 1 : reported issues with leather seats, indentations and poorly fitted leather in rear seats, saggy and poorly fitted leather on drivers seat, they took photos told me not to worry it would all be sorted under warranty.
Day 14 : after several emails chasing what was happening I finally get a response LR want the leather steamed - no surprise there however cant book it in for 2 weeks. Not once did the dealer get back to me when they said, I had to email/ ring them.
Day 28 : car goes in, they give me a salesman car that smells of stale baby milk - now I have nothing against babies or baby milk but I don't think its acceptable to provide a unclean car. Return to pick up car, to find out they are just about to wash it despite me telling them not too as I have a private detailer clean it, luckily they had only snow foamed it. When I get the car back the seats are damp still and the leather is no better in fact it was possibly worse. I tell dealer I want it escalated and sorted. They promise to get back in a week

The following weeks involved me sending emails with pictures, chasing the dealer up to find out what was happening to which I got response until I suggested I would be rejecting the car as unsatisfactory quality. I then get a response saying LR will replace front seat leather but rear seats are an acceptable defect. Well not acceptable to me, I speak to Sales Manager telling him I'm rejecting the car, he tells me I have to speak to LR Finances, which I do.

I tell LR Finances I want to reject the car, they tell me I cant as it is theirs (which it is) and they decide if they want to reject or repair but if I write to their Legal dept they will take on my concerns. Dealer business manager now calls me to say LR will now repair all the seats...funny that they change their mind when I reject the vehicle however I no longer want the car, I lost all faith in the dealer and LR to treat customers fairly, I wanted clear defects fixed and had no issue with the car expecting a premium service for a premium product, I got neither.

Dealer then offered me an option to return the car, they would refund my £10k deposit but I would lose 2 payments however I wanted a response from the LR finances before making a decision but after waiting two weeks and getting nowhere as the complaint hadn't even been logged because they should never have told me to write to the Legal dept as it has to go through the complaints process I was looking at a 56 day wait to possibly be told I have to keep the car. I therefore accepted the dealer's offer to return the vehicle, to be fair the business manager was apologetic and said the standard of service they provided wasn't acceptable, also a glimmer of hope that I will get the payments back from LR Finances, they phoned me the day I returned the car and I spoke to their complaints manager basically I'd requested a call back from them as they had messed up the whole rejection process and he advised I can still continue with the complaint even though the car has been returned and he actually seemed to care that the whole thing had been a debacle.

So now to buy a new car, Merc GLE coupe AMG or 911.....

I'm also putting up for sale the boot liner, its a good quality fitted item that is practically unused, think the car only had stuff in the back twice - it will be in the sales forum.

Post #511962 Sat Dec 10 2016 11:49am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the car,,but how much is the boot liner with postage to Bridlington.?

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #511965 Sat Dec 10 2016 12:57pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Weird story> I would think, put some new seats in or overhaul them , done! Should not take more then a couple of days.
Bureaucracy and penny wise pound foolish. they eventually will lose more customers

Post #511966 Sat Dec 10 2016 12:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 
Re: Car returned - totally disappointed with LR and dealer

r21 wrote:

I'm also putting up for sale the boot liner, its a good quality fitted item that is practically unused, think the car only had stuff in the back twice - it will be in the sales forum.

there is a link to purchase a For Sales Ad Thumbs Up
http://www.disco3.co.uk/shop/parts-advertisement-p69.html

Post #511967 Sat Dec 10 2016 1:42pm
r21

United Kingdom 

Hog wrote:
Weird story> I would think, put some new seats in or overhaul them , done! Should not take more then a couple of days.
Bureaucracy and penny wise pound foolish. they eventually will lose more customers

You would think that and that is exactly what I thought would happen, but instead I get 2 months of the dealer and LR taking the proverbial - what should be such a simple issue to resolve results in no doubt the dealer losing out financially, a displeased customer, bad but probably insignificant PR for LR and generally a complete waste of time - its not important in the big scheme of things and I appreciate I'm fortunate to be in a position to purchase such a car but its only a car and I'll just buy something else.

Post #511971 Sat Dec 10 2016 2:29pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Totally unacceptable, there are so many stories on here about the seats what the Censored are LR doing about it? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #511974 Sat Dec 10 2016 3:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

For such an expensive car the attitude of the dealer and LR is terrible and smacks of jobswoths at both the dealer and LR working against a customer and they should both be ashamed of it. Did you try getting another dealership involved? Would other marques dealers be the same? Unfortunately in today's cut throat market for sales I think it is becoming more and more prevalent and not just with JLR. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Dec 10 2016 4:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #511981 Sat Dec 10 2016 4:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Shame about the leather, mine are a tad soggy, all they need to do is steam it better at factory/suppliers.

The Merc won't be much better, buy the Porsche Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #511982 Sat Dec 10 2016 4:46pm
IRBails

Australia 

Bad luck but I gotta say a 911 is nowhere near a RRS. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #512013 Sat Dec 10 2016 9:36pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Another sad example of extremely poor service from LR dealers who once have made the sale let down customers who fork out £60,000- £100,000 on a dream car to be left waiting for them to sort out problems which shouldn't be there on day of purchase.
To be told to wait 3 weeks until they can even book a new car into to investigate problems is totally wrong.
Then they don't solve the faults unless you threaten them with legal action seems to be the norm.
I'm bought my 4th LR this year, have had minor issues but the back up from LR main dealers is total crap.
Won't be getting any more although I have been a loyal LR customer for over 30 years😱

Post #512022 Sat Dec 10 2016 11:22pm
AJ1

Australia 

if you think the service in the UK dealerships are bad..... you should take a look at the ozzie ones - theyre horrendous. Bow down MY 14.5 SE SDV6 Loire Blue. Silver roof. 22's.

Post #512028 Sun Dec 11 2016 2:25am
nigel52

Go for a GLE SUV with nine speed gearbox. Reverted back to Merc after expensive and unsatisfactory experience of LR Dealers and RRS. Purchased in April and so far 5,800 easy and trouble free miles. Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #512076 Sun Dec 11 2016 9:55pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Having been a customer of Hatfields (Pickering). for many many years, (Liverpool just a couple of years), I was quite shocked at the service you report you received, and was quiet disgusted by it.
In the last ten years or so, I have always found them very helpful, with nothing to much of a problem, with extra goodies at purchase of two LR RRS so far.

The only "difference" of opinion was that they wouldn't replace my battery when it was giving me the warning screen. Car still under LR warranty but they said not covered, but on examination, it has been found that the car had a permanent 1.8 amp drain with nothing on, so at the time NOT battery, but after recharge everyday, it did get " Censored "

Why any dealership should do this I don't know, perhaps when finance is involved it becomes more complicated, I cannot say as only ever use Cash or CC for service and purchases. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #512086 Sun Dec 11 2016 11:54pm
whippetman

Spent £180k on LR cars and doesn't count for any more than px sing in the wind.
Going as soon as I can get rid.

Post #512087 Sun Dec 11 2016 11:57pm
AJ1

Australia 

Best 2 days of owning a RR.

The day you buy it and the day you sell it. MY 14.5 SE SDV6 Loire Blue. Silver roof. 22's.

Post #512088 Mon Dec 12 2016 12:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>